If Everyone Was Listening
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 55 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 1
PEMOTA - Mythical - Starwhale (narwhal) RAMOTH - Mythical - Dragon (Biopulse)
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
– NATE –
Non sai un cazzo di noi.” The only way to work out even a little bit of the venom aching in his jaw is to grow louder, Nate wishing he could feel it in his throat. “Non hai idea del cazzo.” Hands twitch where they’re tucked in against his chest, a phantom pair flashing over his shoulders before he tamps that particular reaction down hard.

All the alchemist’s mocking stillness does is add more fuel to the fire, Nate’s feet firmly planted and his shoulders squared, his teeth bared in a snarl. His hand is already lifting when Remi’s threat is uttered, cold and serious and dousing at least a part of the inferno. A voice speaks in his mind, one that always has when it really, really matters. He has more to lose. Now more than he ever has.

Nate is not stupid, no matter what previous behaviour may suggest. He knows this power trip well, knows his part of it especially well. His gaze and arms both drop after a hot stubborn moment, his jaw working and his fists clenching at his sides. Something is dragged up with a suffering reluctance, his tongue poking out like somehow wetting his lips is preparation enough for what is about to spew from them. “I... apologize,” the word gasps out in a shuddered breath, “for continuing this uh... this farce.” The cigarette is shifted from his lips to the palm of Nate’s hand, his shoulders rolling back.

But...” His gaze flicks, for a moment, to Remi’s face.  A real shudder runs through him, fists clenching again. “You can’t tell me you wouldn’t do worse, in my position.” Nate at least has the sense to let his words be emotionless, no matter how much it makes his jaw tremble.
I’m in trouble for the things I haven’t got to yet
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
REMI
the lullaby
I wear this crown of thorns
Upon my liar's chair
To that, the alchemist gives no reply. He might not have any idea, no, and it's precisely the sort of thing he'd say in response should someone try and question his marriage. An unfair blow to be sure, but then, such was what he and Nate were currently trading in.

There's no satisfaction to hear the words said. If anything, the majority of the alchemist is suddenly furious that Nate has chosen the high road. Since bumping into the ascended, he'd seemed to be spoiling for a fight, and now that Remi's predatory instincts were well riled and bright with anticipatory energy, to have the rug so swiftly pulled left him feel cagey and unsettled.

"Worse? Absolutely." Remi agrees instantly, a laugh pushing past his lips that's as shivery as it is reckless. "I would have killed you. But," The alchemist's eyes narrow as they rise, annoyed that Nate has only one eye to glare into. "-you have said it yourself enough times tonight. We are not the same."

For a moment Remi stands motionless. He might have fooled someone into thinking he was an ascended so drastically does he cease breathing, blinking, and shifting. "There...is something else." Because of course there is. Why wouldn't there be?

Remi's fingertips go numb, and then itch, and then tighten at his sides.
Full of broken thoughts
I cannot repair
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
– NATE –
His words, his apology, are apparently enough to placate Remi, though Nate doesn’t miss the restlessness that comes along with his words. It feels like that fact alone should be more than a balm for his own twitchy discomfort, but his throat is still raw from swallowing his pride, and he can’t seem to find the joy in it.

Being told hes right has a toothy expression spreading over Nate’s face, no matter the circumstances. It’s not a smile, could never mistaken for a smile. “That I have.” He agrees lightly, straightening again and cracking his neck. A quick hand returns the cigarette to his lips, a little worse for the wear now.

They should be done now, as far as Nate is aware, but Remi doesn’t move. So he doesn’t move either, a mirror of effortless stillness. The quirk of his lips shifts, face growing sour and dark. “Something else?” He prompts, voice softer than he’s managed so far. A long moment is spent in silent consideration, Nate’s tongue poking out of his mouth before he speaks again.

Go on then.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
REMI
the lullaby
Upon my liar's chair
There were a thousand ways to say it, but Remi's mind is a complete blank. Even as he conjures the memory he can't quite picture his arms wrapped around her, can't recall what it was to have her straddling him with the skies bleeding colour above and sand rubbing his back raw. He feels like he should remember the orgasm that created life, but he doesn't. All he sees are a pair of eyes whose green is so like his own. An ocean of grief. A promise to help.

"Hotaru è —" Remi pauses for just a second, and in that second, he wonders what the source of his hesitation was. Not respect for Nate certainly. Not fear. Not even guilt. It was...just the newness of it, he'll think later. The strangeness of everything boiled down to just a few words. "—incinta." And then, because now is not the time for misunderstanding, he adds: "È mio."
Full of broken thoughts
I cannot repair
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Change author:
– NATE –
After the posturing and rage he’d indulged in earlier, it’s strange to see everything snuff out in Nate. He still stands as if he were made of iron, but the little gestures he takes so much care in cease, his one good eye shuttering, leaving behind a blank blue that stares at Remi as if he’s growna second head.

Nate thinks maybe the words should surprise him more. Thinks maybe he is surprised, in that deep dark place where he is still feeling things. “I see.” He hears himself say, his voice soft, unconcerned. As if Remi had simply commented on the weather, and not fractured his world that much more. “Can I assume that you are... taking responsibility for it then?
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
REMI
the lullaby
Upon my liar's chair
It's surreal. There's a calm between them that speaks of tension and violence, and yet neither of them move. It makes Remi's muscles itch and in his shoes, he can feel his toes wanting to curl.  The back of his throat yearns to yawn wide so that he might scream away what is settling around them like ash, but like Nate, there is just nothing.

"Of course." Part of him wants to lash out—it's no concern of yours—but pettiness seems inappropriate when discussing Hotaru's child. Words build on the back of Remi's tongue, explanations of what had happened and why, assurances that he isn't sure Nate deserves, but they all crumble away to nothing more than a sigh.
Full of broken thoughts
I cannot repair
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Change author:
– NATE –
Good.” Nate breathes, his gaze drifting further and further away without actually moving. “It’ll uh,” he licks his lips, not noticing when he pushes his smoke to the ground, “it’ll need someone to be there.

Why is this so difficult to wrap his head around? Why does it claw and scream and try to make an ordeal out of itself, when all he wants to do is swallow, and stuff it down? Simply the most recent in a line of sudden and confusing betrayals, one that he didn’t think he’d have to ever face. “I... congratulations. Is that... all?” Nate’s hands clench, faux life returning to his limbs and digits with a soft shudder.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
REMI
the lullaby
Upon my liar's chair
Well, this was certainly not going the way he'd expected. But then, he had just threatened Nate any number of times, so perhaps the ascended was just planning on expressing his feelings when certain death wasn't staring at him.

"Don't...you don't..." Remi shakes his head, suddenly feeling sweaty and almost ill. "I only told you because I thought you should know. I take it you can tell Jata." Hotaru might not be their concern anymore, but Ronin was Sunjata's and that made what happened between he and Nate relevant to them, which made what happened between Remi and Hotaru also relevant.

'Yeah. That is all.' Remi lingers a moment, tapping a foot before all but forcing himself to turn and walk away. "Ci vediamo." He mumbles over his shoulder, and though he and Nate were less than friends, it felt good to be able to speak in the travelling tongue to someone who understood it.

~FIN
Full of broken thoughts
I cannot repair