[seasonal event] one red thread
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra
Queen of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 34 | Height: 5'4" | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 Abandoned (Level 3 Ascended) - Strg: 19 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
REXANNA
It had been awhile since Rexanna had been to the Fields. Though she always ended up coming back to it every couple of weeks, to either reminisce or enjoy the feeling of the fertile earth beneath her feet. But today, it’s covered in snow, and there’s a small amount of the sun that keeps trying to break through the cloud cover – surrounding the world with glinting lights before vanishing again. This time, however, instead of reminiscing or enjoyment, she’s here on a mission. She had heard about the Luxere from Amalia, and she had seen that dark red horned one struggling, and decided she needed to know what they truly looked like.

So she came prepared, wrapped in furs and wool and trudged through the snow with a bag in hand of apples – not knowing that her dark magic would probably ward the beautiful creatures away. She had to try, at least, to say that she did. Perhaps it would warm them up to her for the future. She wasn’t sure if it would work but she continued to make her way through the snow to a place where she could spot the white beasts far off in the distance. They blended into the snow well enough, but the antlers picked them out from the rest of the landscape, and she decided to make her way toward them – hoping they’d stay.

Vervain
I think we deserve a soft epilogue, my love,
we are good people and we've suffered enough.
Lily Balfour
Entertainer

Age: 34 | Height: 5'9'' | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: N/A - Strg: 16 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
lily
from what i’ve tasted of desire
i hold with those who favor fire
It seems pretty important that they keep the Luxere around for protection during LongNight; Lily knows she’s no fighter and would be monster meat in a heartbeat if she - they? Is this a colony effort, an individual effort - doesn’t succeed. Despite this very sobering thought, the redhead feels more like she’s up to the challenge rather than shrinking from it. The days are shorter now, so she wastes no time in bundling up and setting out, a brisk, lively tune in her heart just waiting to burst forth.

Out to the Fields she goes again, hoping for better luck than when she was with Phoebe. Her offerings this time are even more meager (guess the Church of Safrin has fallen on hard times), but she hopes her singing will more than make up for it. As she clears the apple trees where they encountered the red Luxere, she begins to sing.

“Ye banks and braes o’ bonnie Doon,
How can ye bloom sae fresh and fair?
How can ye chant, ye little birds,
And I sae weary, fu o’ care?...”

She doesn’t see Rexanna until she’s halfway through the first verse, and by then, well, they’ve likely already heard her. Oh well. Time for performer mode.

this tune, roughly. except not as polished/classical.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXagkNBl9Bg
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra

Age: 34 | Height: 5'4" | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 Abandoned (Level 3 Ascended) - Strg: 19 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Change author:
REXANNA
She hadn’t expected anyone else out here, though she couldn’t say she wouldn’t be surprised that there were. Yet, she’s nearly invisible as another person approaches – one with fiery hair that she recognized from the Masquerade. Her brows lifted up slightly and she stopped her movement to watch Lily begin to sing – a beautiful sound coming from the lips of the woman with words that Rexanna would even hang onto. Her eyes traveled to the Luxere in the distance, not even remotely afraid of the woman who sung to them, and she was almost awestruck.

Quietly, she kept her distance from Lily as to not spook the Luxere with her presence just yet. Though she marveled at the woman’s ability to captivate these creatures. One even approached, quietly and perhaps a bit unsteady. It seemed to be enjoying the song greatly. And suddenly, Rexanna wished for once in her life that she could sing – to be able to help Lily with the Luxere and carry a tune. Inhaling deeply, she moved a bit closer though the Luxere seemed quite wary of her instead of the fiery red head.

A frown found her face, and she chewed on her lip for a moment uncertain if she should try throwing the apple at the Luxere while Lily distracted them, or if it would simply ruin everything.
Lily Balfour
Entertainer

Age: 34 | Height: 5'9'' | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: N/A - Strg: 16 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
lily
from what i’ve tasted of desire
i hold with those who favor fire
Lily continues to walk forward, fully intending to join the stranger (unrecognizable from behind, but she’s sure to remember one of the women from the Masquerade as soon as she sees her face). She doesn’t really notice the way the Luxere seem to prefer her because she’s moving towards Rexanna. That, and she’s focusing on singing.

“It breaks my heart ye warbling birds
That wanton through the flowering thorn.
It minds me o’ departed joys
Departed never to return…”

By this time, she’s drawing up near the figure and when she looks over, her mouth drops open a little bit and all of a sudden a flush flares up in her porcelain skin. Rather than saying anything, she just offers a little awkward one-handed wave before breaking into a laughing grin and turning away for a moment. She is, of course, laughing at herself and her own silly little shyness.

“Hi…” she says as she turns back. “I’m Lily.”

Idkkkk what this is, IM SORRY

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin/Moderator Offline
Change author:

Plop.

Plop. Plop. Plop.

That is the sound dead birds make when they plummet from the sky and into the snow.

Rexanna and Lily will know this, because a flock of them will begin to rain about them, as if drawn by Lily's song only to meet some... unfortunate end.

Where they land, the snow begins to turn black.

LongNight creeps ever closer. Being outside might bring the same fate.

RANDOM EVENT
these woods are lovely
dark and deep

Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra

Change author:
REXANNA
Much to Rexanna’s surprise, Lily was aiming for her and not the Luxere so much. She stopped and waited for the other woman to approach, flashing her a grin in greeting though it seemed that Lily was perhaps… Nervous? Her head tilted slightly but the smile remained as Lily laughed and looked away before turning back and introducing herself. “Hello!” Rexanna hummed to her with a bright grin. “I’m Rexanna. A pleasure to finally know your name.” She purred to the girl with a roguish grin and a quiet laugh in response.

But all joy suddenly began to disappear as a large plop sound erupted around them. Her gaze danced around as if a predator were near – when she noticed them. The birds above were falling from the sky. She raised an arm over her head as her eyes grew wide and she gave one final glance to the Luxere. She then tossed her apples toward them before moving to Lily. Her attention turned to the ground where the birds landed to see the snow had suddenly turned black and a quiet surprised shriek slipped from her lips.

With her eyes wide she looked to Lily urgently. “We should go.” She said as calmly as she could, ready to grab the womans hand and dart back toward the Settlement. If this was any idea what Longnight would be like, well… Rexanna was in for a very long ‘night’.