I swear I don't taste good
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Age: 29 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 21 - Int:
Played by: Catalysta Away
Change author:
MP: 630
Aurelia
Maybe it's not the end of the world
Maybe we'll find some kind of silver line
Aurelia is surprised by Ray turning the sentiment around on her but, instead of trying to clarifying her intentions, she simply soaks up the comfort - having not realized she needed it until it was given to her. I'm sure you're right, she agrees, a gentle fondness in her voice.

Ray goes on to explain how she was having an issue and Seren suggested going to Safrin for it. Aurelia's head tilts, cheek fur fluffing up against the dampness that threatens to create a chill. Her ears twitch as she listens to the ambience around them, a movement she can't really control unless she's consciously aware of it. It is a new feeling though - and, upon realizing it, she reaches up a paw to stop one of her ears from twitching.

At Ray's joke, she lets out a soft, audible twitter of a chuckle. A cat of science, huh? She repeats, chuckling across the bond as well. And... what sort of issues does a cat of science have? What sort of help do you want from the Gods?
And somewhere down it
we're bound to doubt it
Ray Lunarium
Herbalist / Information Broker / Torchline Councilwoman

Age: 27 | Height: 5'5" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 18 - Int:
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Ray
Have you ever heard a shadow?
A whisper at night?

Ray noticed Aurelai's paw's movements. Letting a chuckle pass through the bond, she gave an understanding smile. As much as a cat could that was. [sayYou get used to it. The ears do their own thing most of the time. It had been an adjustment for her as well but she was grateful for how aware they made her of her surroundings. Even when she wasn't focusing on such things.

As for the question, Ray let out a small hum. With everything that's occurring, the tension and such, I've been preparing. Gathering vital herbs, mass producing anything for injures and illness that won't go bad, etc.. I was seeking aid to see if there was anything else that I should be dong. Any knowledge of methods or herbs that I lacked but would find useful. A wistful rumble came from the panther. I want to save as many lives as I can when the time comes. After all, what kind of herbalist, what kind of healer, would she be if she didn't do her best?
The soft sound of paws,
In the dead of night?
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Age: 29 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Aurelia
Aurelia would smile sheepishly if she could, upon Ray noticing her little ear-thing. She slowly lowers her paw, letting her ear flop back up and swivel around a few times to adjust. I'm starting to realize that... she admits with a humorous tone.

As an herbalist, Ray's desire to save lives is understandable. Aurelia feels like she comes from such an opposing side of things. The only way she knows how to save lives is to get right in the thick of things, to fight tooth and nail - or claw, now - for them. To do whatever you can to protect them from getting hurt in the first place. That is where her understanding of safety comes from.

But she also thinks she's done nothing to make people feel safer, so maybe Ray's point of view is right. I wish I was better at protecting people, as well... she admits gravely, with the Slagveld and everything, I... I really was just doing what I thought I had to, to protect Haulani. I don't know. It's hard for me, my first instinct is to fight. And it's also my best skill..

Straightening herself out, she refocuses on Ray's dilemma, But.. when I told Safrin that I wanted to protect people, to protect their lives, she... sent me on a quest to prove that I would be capable of doing that. When I was ready, I returned to her and she gave me a magical shield. So, if you tell them that you want to save lives too, I'm sure they'll do something similar for you. She shifts in her seat thoughtfully, swaying side-to-side as she considers something. It could be that Safrin didn't speak to you because she knows you follow Rae... I think she prefers to be the only one people look to.
And somewhere down it
we're bound to doubt it
Ray Lunarium
Herbalist / Information Broker / Torchline Councilwoman

Age: 27 | Height: 5'5" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 18 - Int:
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Ray
Have you ever heard a shadow?
A whisper at night?

Ray shook her head. There is nothing wrong with being a fighter. That's a completely valid way of protecting people and saving lives. Her mental voice is firm and supportive. Ray doesn't want to see her friend doubting herself like that. Hearing Aurelia recall her quest and how it came to be, as the other Attuned thinking deeply.

You may be right. Perhaps I'll have more luck when I visit Rae. It would make sense with what she'd heard of Safrin for the goddess to only wish to help those that are hers. It was worth a shot regardless and Ray doesn't regret going. The panther flopped down onto her side, soaking up the sun and stretching languidly.
The soft sound of paws,
In the dead of night?
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Change author:
Aurelia
She perks up at the encouragement, shoulders sagging as her demeanor softens - animalistic as it is in nature. The tension still trickles away and she realizes she's needed this more than she's known. However, it does leave her a bit speechless. The assurance in Ray's voice is firm, and it's hard to argue against. Instead, Aurelia lets it soak in and looks down at her paws as they knead against the grass.

She nods affirmatively at the other thing Ray says, though there is some hesitance in the movement. One of her ears circles backwards against the top of her dome and she leans her head back uncertainly. You might have better luck simply because you are more favored. I'm still Abandoned, you know... the Gods don't like my kind, by definition, a sigh builds up in her chest until she releases it, heavy and long.

But hopefully... they will equip us both with the things we need... to better handle what's coming, and of course, she means the war. At this, she stands up with a swing of her ringed tail and gives Ray a friendly poke with her paw. C'mon, let's go back to Haulani.

fin~
And somewhere down it
we're bound to doubt it