Hello, Sah...
Sah
Seren Taliesin

Age: 25 | Height: 5'7 in (170cm) | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 3 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 16 - Int:
UMBRA - Mythical - Dragon (fire breath)
Played by: Chan Online
Change author:
MP: 1897
Hey, starchild, are you listening?

Hello Sah!

This is Seren writing to you. From the Greatwood? I hope you remember me, and that the raven delivered this letter in one piece. The bird did not seem entirely reliable, but my options were limited.
I know I said I would come to visit Halo, but I felt a strong need to talk to someone right now, and... well, you were the first person who came to mind.

I have almost finished gathering the ingredients for my mother's recipe. If you know what I mean. This latest part, though, it was... not pleasant. Have you ever heard about the Gilded lily? It is a dangerous plant that grows in the Hollowed Ground. Even touching it can be enough to kill someone, and though I had some other options, this was the most convenient in terms of location.
I was able to retrieve it, but in the process I used some of my blessings in ways I never have before. Cruelly, almost merciless. I even went so far as to risk my friend, who was determined to come with me.  She did come knowing the risks, and I asked her many times if she was sure, and yet I still feel quite terrible about the whole thing. She should not have been there.

Did you ever feel conflicted about the ways you used your magic, before they were diminished? Have you ever strived for something, to the point where the end began to justify the means? I do not wish to become that kind of person, but I am becoming afraid that there is no limit to the things I would do to please my mother.

I hope this letter finds you in good health, and that you actually had time to get home before it arrived. I also hope it does not trouble you that I write like this - it is quite sudden, and the content is not as light of heart as I would prefer.

Thank you for last time
Your friend
Seren T
Seren
Starlight (Passive) | Starfilled night billow around her like a veil as she moves. It is more noticeable in daytime and when she make sudden movements.
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 26 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 48 - Luck: 40 - Int: 1
LILLY - Regular - Grey Wolf PAD - Regular - Grey Wolf
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 3215
Lightning makes no sound until is strikes
Seren,

Of course I remember you. How could I not? The letter was waiting for me upon my return home so I apologize for the delayed response. I'm honored that you would think of me for advice and I hope that I can help.  

I had not heard of the the Gilded lily before this. And I'm relieved that you are relatively unharmed after encountering it. Regarding your friend, their actions and choices were their own. And oftentimes that is the hardest lesson to learn. Especially for those with power. From what you've told me, you reached out for help when you knew you might need it. You informed your friend thoroughly and numerous times teh risks of the task. They still chose to come with you, and that is that. Don't feel guilty, you did all you could. And don't fault your friend for looking out for you and coming with. After all, what are friends for?

In terms of your actions, that is something that I can't really decide for you. No one can tell you how to use your blessings and abilities, even if they are the one who bestowed them to you. They are yours alone to wield. But I will say this, yes I've felt conflicted. Many times, in desperate situations. Especially in life or death ones where I didn't have the luxury of thinking through my options. And though I loathe to admit it, there were times that I did let the ends justify the means. Some I regret, some I don't. But all of them haunt me. It's not the kind of person that I want to be either.

But Seren you need to remember this. Your abilities, your blessings are a part of you, no matter where they come from. It is up to you to decide how to use them. What morals, ethics, and codes they follow. No one, person, parent, or being, can do that for you. Nor should you let them decide for you. You are your own person and only you get to decide the kind of person you want to be. And how far you are willing to go to reach your goals. And if someone truly cares about you, they will respect the boundaries that you set.

I hope this helps, if at least a little. I wish you the very best. And please never hesitate to reach out via letter, or other means, if you need me. It's no trouble at all and I'm happy to help.

Stay safe and good luck.
Your friend,

Sah
Sah
Seren Taliesin

Age: 25 | Height: 5'7 in (170cm) | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 3 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 16 - Int:
UMBRA - Mythical - Dragon (fire breath)
Played by: Chan Online
Change author:
MP: 1897
Hey, starchild, are you listening?

Sah,

I am happy to hear that you made it home without trouble. Admittedly I did feel a little overenthusiastic to be contacting you so soon, but writing all those things was quite cathartic.

So was reading your reply. You really have a way with words, for a wolf. (I am joking, of course - it is much harder to jest in letters, have you noticed?) Did your people have organized culture, the way we do here? Books and art and writing, and so on? Your neighbor is doing a fantastic job of tutoring you, I must say.

Jokes aside... your reassurances really did help. Very much. I find it easier to breathe now, after sharing my thoughts with you. While I can't say I am happy that you have been in a similar situation, it is still... a relief. You understand, and I can't tell you how much that means.
Perhaps next time we meet, I will tell you more about what happened. Since you were so adamant about me keeping my secrets safe, I will not elaborate in a letter, in case it goes astray.

Thank you, for being such a good friend. You can of course write me, too, whenever you wish. About anything. I am still in the Grounds at the moment, but will hopefully be able to leave for Stormbreak soon. I spend much of my time there, and in Torchline.

More cheerfully
Seren

PS. I have a friend in Halo, who might need some help with things. Her name is Hotaru - if you have time, and don't mind, could you maybe check in on her from time to time? Tell her that I sent you, I bet she would be surprised! .DS

Seren
Starlight (Passive) | Starfilled night billow around her like a veil as she moves. It is more noticeable in daytime and when she make sudden movements.