Disappointments and preparations
Ray Lunarium
Herbalist / Information Broker / Torchline Councilwoman

Age: 27 | Height: 5'5" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 18 - Int:
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Ray
A panther in the night,
A fire burning bright
Ray raised a brow at the graphic description, choking on a suppressed laugh. "That's a fun way to put it." Mildly horrifying to imagine, but amusing nonetheless.

A scowl began to appear on the herbalist's face as Nate continued, growing more sever as he spoke. "That's horrible." Her voice grew quiet, wary again for speaking about this out loud. "She's forcing you to choose your safety or his, basically? And she's letting her own child be caught in the crossfire, to put pressure." Ray shook her head in aggravation. "I hate that. Is there anything that I can do to help?" She couldn't think of anything, but the situation left a bad taste in her mouth.
the only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existance becomes an act of rebellion
-Albert Camus
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 55 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 1
PEMOTA - Mythical - Starwhale (narwhal) RAMOTH - Mythical - Dragon (Biopulse)
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
NATE
i got a number on me, i got a number
won't make it through the high noon sun
Nates lips twist into something that’s trying hard to be a smile, a mirthless huff leaving him as Ray chokes on her own reaction. “Yea, I’m a regular fuckin’ wordsmith here.” It’s an attempt to step back into something smooth and easy, after he’s been so ruffled by the conversation, and it’s only successful until the herbalist scowls.

She’s horrible.” Nate corrects darkly, rubbing at the crease between his brows. “I don’t think she’ll stop at anything. The only real question is who’s willing to stoop lower, and... that’s just another contest I know I won’t win.” There’s an almost exhausted resignation in Nate’d voice, defeat obvious in the slump of his shoulders.

The word help has Nate shifting suddenly, straightening and tapping his foot, then standing outright when that doesn’t work away the sudden frantic nerves. “No.” No he says firmly, wincing at the sharpness of his voice after everything Ray had done. He schools his tongue into something softer and tries again. “No, thank you. You’ve done... you’ve done a lot already.” The bag of herbs lifts, Nate shaking it as an example before he’s stepping back towards the door. “Thank you.” He repeats, stepping out into the sun and disappearing down the street.

Fin~
i was a hero early in the morning
i ain't no hero in the night