[Seasonal Event] A whiskey for your thoughts
Lily Balfour
Entertainer

Age: 34 | Height: 5'9'' | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: N/A - Strg: 16 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

Virginia is a southern-ish territory, bound to get the occasional snowfall in the northern area, up by the city. Lily’s seen snow before, but never this much, and it’s never been a constant presence. Another night’s gone by with another layer of fresh powder on the ground. She never seems to get sick of it, despite how hard it makes walking, the way it soaks her clothes and sometimes freezes into a dangerous layer of ice.

It’s always beautiful. Always.

And so, today, in the brief daylight that they’re given, Lily finds a bare patch of pristine snow outside the Temple and flops down on it in a childish, carefree way. Once there, she moves her arms and legs around, making a snow angel. Her hair fans out beneath her like a pool of silky red ink, bleeding her happiness into the cold, cold air.

It only takes a minute or two before she starts to get too cold and heads inside, going down the the Rathskellar for something liquid to warm her up.

lily
as if you were on fire from within
the moon lives in the lining of your skin
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 62 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059

"Well hello again." Remi called from behind the bar, glancing up as a familiar red-head walked in. The chill in Lily's cheeks seemed to only highlite her porcelain skin and fiery-red hair, the contrast of which was quite beautiful.

Remi had been bringing a new batch of alcohol for Vai. Stocking up on food and fuel was one thing, but with as many bodies as they were expecting, Remi was sure that if they ran out of drink it would be a far worse fate for those within than the monsters outside would be.

REMI
Everything looks perfect from far away
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Lily Balfour
Entertainer

Age: 34 | Height: 5'9'' | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:

“Hi there,” she replies with a slight twang and a smile of recognition. Lily takes a moment to remove her outer layer and place it over the back of a chair before walking up to the bar. She leans on it a bit and watches Remi doing his work. “Thank you again for the firewood. I think we’ll actually bring it here… turns out Bastien hasn’t done prep work.” She shrugs a little, before looking away. “And no one told me what to do, so…”

On second and third thought, staying wherever Remi is might be one of the best things she could do. It seems like he’s a fairly powerful magic user. Maybe the monsters will think twice about bothering them if he’s around. Lily sits, like she’s settling in for at least another couple of minutes. “Can you tell me any more about Caido?”

It seems her education has been… lacking, and better yet, to know about this world is to be able to survive it.

lily
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 62 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059

With a hearty laugh, Remi shakes his head. Bastien, not prepared? The alchemist is hardly surprised. Then again, the artist probably has been preparing in his own way: candles, blankets, lubricant...All the ways to make LongNight perfectly enjoyable...until of course it isn't. "Well there is plenty of room here. " He replied with a wry grin.

"Can I get you something to drink? I do not actually work here, though since I supply the alcohol, I do know my way around."

The mention of wanting to know more about Caido makes the alchemist pause for a moment as he considers. "Well. I am sure you know that we are surrounded by a sort of barrier that we cannot pass or see through. So far we have learned that it has something to do with the Spire in the middle of these lands. When the snow melts we plan to try and do something about that, but for now we are waiting it out like everyone else." He replies, his melodic accent making the story somehow sound far less dangerous and bleak than it actually is.

"Which means—" Kneeling down behind the bar for just a moment, Remi reemerged with of handful of white moss. "Snow moss. For LongNight. We are meant to try and silence the creak of the boards with it. Given that we are underground I am not sure it is so important, but the locals seem to think it is. Would you care to help me?"

REMI
Everything looks perfect from far away
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin/Moderator Offline
Change author:
random event

SMASH.

One of the bottles has fallen from a shelf behind the bar - strange, because it was pushed right back against the wall. Unless it has been pushed, mayhaps...

The glass shatters not a hair's breath from Remi's feet, and ghostly tittering can be heard all about the Rathskeller, before it fades to nothing.

The night is coming, and the dark things will play. What a long, long night it might be...
Lily Balfour
Entertainer

Change author:

Ah, so it’s no surprise to Remi that Bastien is unprepared. Well, at least that makes one of them. She apparently has much to learn about her host. Kind as he is (gentlemanly even, to the woman he’s graciously taken in), forethought isn’t his forte. She would never scold him for not telling her what to do, as it isn’t his job to protect her… but she can privately fume and curse him. She, at least, would like to appear to be responsible. She flashes another quick grin of appreciation for his understanding then scoots right along to scanning the alcohol present. Really, it’s all just clear or colored liquid in bottles… Lily whets her lips and tries to figure out what’s what, but abandons it after a moment to just say, “If you have anything dark, like bourbon or whiskey, I’ll have some of that.”

Oh. Fuck. Do they even have the same alcohol?

Well, nevermind. They’ll sort it all out. Booze is universal; if it’s not fermentation and distillation, it’s some other process. Every world has a need to take the edge off the hardships of life.

Putting her listening ears on, the redhead absorbs the information and is about to lend a helping hand when a lone bottle seems to leap off the shelf, crashing at Remi’s feet. Lily gasps, pulling back from the edge of the bar, before looking around wildly for the eerie laughter. If possible, she seems to be even more pale than before. “Is that… that’s not normal, right? That’s… ?”

She points intentionally at the moss. What could it possibly do against evil spirits?

lily