For forever and a day
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
sam
So please please please, let me get what I want this time
"I m-mean, I haven't tried it." Sam admitted, laughing and doing something that could only be called affectionate nuzzling by Remi's neck before he stood up. His hands hovered over him just in case he would slip or fall, but he seemed to manage with the walking stick so Sam just put a gentle hand on his elbow.

He wasn't aware of the outside route, having only started coming to the Rathskeller recently, but nodded. "O-of course, but you will ha..have to lead the way." Sam helped him walk around the bench then motioned for Remi to set off in the right direction. His fear still twisted around his heart, pricked behind his eyes, but....when he was followed Remi somewhere new, he found it didn't matter as much as it once would have.

As they walked, he smiled and looked about them. There had recently been a fresh snowfall, and a lot of the ground was a flat, crisp white. It was beautiful even with the cold, and the sight made him lean closer to Remi. "Where you c-came from...d..did it snow? L-like this? Did you have D-deepfrost? I read som-somewhere that they have different se-seasons in some places."
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 62 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059

laughing like children, living like lovers
& I guess that's why they call it the blues.

Easily Remi nodded. He leaned heavily against the cane he'd created despite making every attempt to seem as though he wasn't. He would have taken Sam's hand in his own, but it was held partially up by his side to aid with balance, and also with some sort of subconscious aim to protect his ribs. Not from Sam of course who seemed far more worried and sympathetic to his state than Remi was, but the body did strange things when it was healing.

Smiling as Sam walked closer, Remi shook his head gently sending a few snowflakes flurrying down around his face that had been nestled in his curls. "No, nothing like this. It did get cold in Northaven but...I can never remember a time where there was this much snow." It was one of the strange features that the alchemist would later come to understand about Northaven, but that is a tale for another time.

The outside entrance to the Rathskeller was perhaps not so obvious, more of a servants entrance really. "When I was collecting wood I had mentioned to one of the woman I was with about a custom I read in a book .... about how some would throw raw meat on the doors of those they did not like to attract the monsters to those houses ...she worried the same might be done to the Rathskeller." Remi's shoulders rose and fell gently against Sam's body as he came to a thoughtful halt in the street. "Do people really do that?"
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
sam
So please please please, let me get what I want this time
"It...always gets l-like this around Deepfrost." Sam said, looking about at the snow. He couldn't imagine a winter without the extreme weather, without the LongNight. What else could be different about Remi's world?

Remi described something very cruel, something he'd heard as a rumour all of his life about various people but had never actually had any proof of. He held Remi gently against him and after a glance back to make sure they were far away enough from the door of the temple to not be seen, pressed a kiss to the crook of his neck. "I d...don't think so. Not really. ...Maybe. B-but I've never seen it."

He kept Remi there for a further moment, just looking at the snow; then they moved on to the Rathskeller. Once there they continued to chat about everything and nothing, topics moving easily past them as Sam revelled in the ease of talking to somebody you already knew (and occasionally, in quiet moments where Remi seemed strong, kissing someone you knew how to kiss).

The presence of his family would bother him for a few days, set alight a nervousness in his chest that was hard to shake, but...Sam could feel the balm of a new love and a new heart next to his own beginning to come over it, make him feel that perhaps his past was worth it if he only could have a hundred days like this, where he laughed more than he cried.