elementary, my dear watson
Azrael
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
WESSEX
“Of course it is,” she insists, reaching out to touch one of their arms, intending for it to be comforting. “You can do anything you want. It’s your life and your right to choose.” And maybe she says that because they’re choosing to help, and she might not have said that to someone else. “I just have to know so I can plan, you know?”

She lets her hand fall, and then shakes her head a bit. “One thing at a time, Az. The Voice isn’t going anywhere. And neither are you.” Which is to say - they need not ask for everything all at once.

Anyway, the Barracks are there, in front of them, and the General turns back to the foundation with a smile. “Now back to the fun stuff, yeah?”
No, I’ll be the stone
I’ll be the hunter, a tower that casts the shade
I lie awake and watch it all
Azrael De Rosieres

Age: 21 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 2 - Strg: 14 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 13 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2712
Azrael
i wouldn't know where to start
'sweet music' playing 'in the dark'
They lean into the touch from their aunt, their anxiety that’s come to the surface with the words they’ve offered instantly released as Wessex reiterates the point that they get to choose what they want to do. They aren’t being forced. They aren’t disappointing anyone with the answer they choose. And it brings a softer smile to the edge of their lips, a silvery flush of an embarrassed blush crossing their cheeks. “Oh. Planning… That makes sense.

Their smile only grows wider when Wessex tells them they aren’t going to go anywhere and gods do they hope that’s true. For now, though, they nod sharply before looking back at the Barracks when Wessex does, answering her in the way they know how – a sort of jaunty trot over toward the Barracks until they stand before it and they turn back to Wessex. “The fun part!
be still 'my foolish heart'
don't ruin this on me
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
WESSEX
Alright, so with the necessary questions out of the way, the General gestures with both arms to the Barracks, as if to say what do I do with this? They’d talked about the changes they wanted to make to it - a higher ceiling, out of stone, and taking away the dormitories. So it wasn’t really a Barracks anymore, but an office, an internal training ring, and an armory.

“I was thinking…” she begins, stepping into the old building proper, and then starting to walk along the long perimeter. “That we keep the indoor training area most as it was, but with higher ceilings. And maybe expand it a bit.” It would be one hell of an endeavor, but the family is strong and resourceful. She marks out how big it ought to be - big enough for them to try and fight a mythical shift inside, and stands at the edge of what would be the new building, looking at Azrael for their opinion.
No, I’ll be the stone
Azrael De Rosieres

Age: 21 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Nomadic
Change author:
Azrael
What do they do with this indeed. It’s a lot and it needs a whole hell of a lot of work – but they’re confident in Wessex’s ability to help as well as their family who as of late seems to be nothing but helpful people anymore. So they pull out their little sketchbook and their piece of charcoal and a piece of rubber to erase with, before they’re following Wessex to get a line of the perimeter.

We’d have to clear out the rubble and mark the spots… But that should be doable.” They say as they extend the building out, fixing the support beams where they think they should be, how they might be able to get away with creating an awning of sorts to make the interior that much wider without support beams pressing through it.

When Wessex stops and stands, waiting to see what they have to say about it, they plop unceremoniously to the ground with their legs crossed, the piece of charcoal in hand as they sketch out what Wessex had said in a way that would make it work. “I think… It’ll take a while. But I can make it top priority.” A bright fanged smile leaves them as they look up at her. “Did you… Want a bedroom here? Since you’re the General and the Theskyra house is now the Town Hall?” They ask tentatively, head tilting slightly as dark curls slide across their forehead.
don't ruin this on me
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Change author:
WESSEX
Luckily for them (all of them), a small group had already done some cleaning, so that might not take too long; the rebuilding would be the bulk of it, the stone probably able to be collected beforehand, what with all the ruins nearby.

Wessex, too, sinks into a thoughtful position, gazing at the space and then closing her eyes to try and envision exactly what she wants. “Hmmm?” she hums in response about a bedroom. Oh. How thoughtful. She smiles and nods. “Yes, I suppose that’s a good idea. Being homeless isn’t a good look for a General, is it?” Not that she couldn’t shack up with anyone if need be, but… her gaze drifts across the empty space to the Grounds and she sighs ever so softly to herself.

No one wants big sister looking over their shoulder all day, every day.

“The armory isn’t in terrible shape,” she says, pulling herself back. “The roof came in, but it should still be mostly okay.”
No, I’ll be the stone
Azrael De Rosieres

Change author:
Azrael
They’ve all come together to make a great team before, and Azrael doesn’t think anything will change with that. So when it comes to the question of where exactly Wessex would be staying, it’s one of the first things that comes to mind. She could stay here, they can build a space for her to stay in, to thrive and be around the one thing Azrael has no doubt she’d be more than capable of doing. At least, every time they were around Wessex, they felt safe. Safer than most others.

Well… We’re Ascended, so I think it’s not surprising if we didn’t really want a home. But… I personally like to work on stuff in my own space.” They admit, flashing a crooked smile up at Wessex from where they’ve planted their butt right on the dusty ground. “I think… A few new support beams and new roofing… Widening these spaces…” They pause to tap their chin as they scan the building, leaving a smudge of black along their chin. “I think it’ll turn out really nice, Aunt Wessex!
don't ruin this on me
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Change author:
WESSEX
Nice isn’t one of her chief concerns about the building, but their enthusiasm and delight makes her grin again. “I think so too. And hopefully will help us.” Starting towards where Az is sitting, she comes up behind them and peer over one of their shoulders to see what they’re working on. She scrutinizes it intently - not because she doesn’t trust them to do good work, but because everything needs to be right before they start in on it.

“Mmmm, that looks good. And an official office here, with a large window to look out on the arena. A more private space adjacent.” Pointing out where she thinks the spaces should go, it otherwise looks good enough and as she tries to project the page to the area beside them, she can finally say it starts to feel real.  

“So now I think I just have to make sure we have everything for the building.”
No, I’ll be the stone
Azrael De Rosieres

Change author:
Azrael
Hopefully!” Azrael chirps back to Wessex, flashing her a small smile as they continue to draw, angling themselves slightly off to the side so that Wessex can get a good look. Anything can be adjusted, of course, but they’ve done this most of their short life, they’re sure that the majority of what they’ve decided will be agreed upon.

The mention of an official office and a large window has them nodding, making a note, readjusting a few spots so that the second level above the armory looks out over the training center with big broad windows, before revealing a slightly tucked away bedroom and bathroom, one that kept things comfortable for Wessex while also giving her that office she wishes to have.

When we do, you’ll let me know, right? I’ll finalize these and send them to you so you can look them over.” They flash a bright smile up at her, excitement written in the panes of their face.

And once that’s all done, Azrael certainly insists that Wessex comes back with them, idle and easy chatter the rest of the way back home to Bastien’s door.

- FIN <3
don't ruin this on me