slimy adventure, pt III
for Edy
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
S
A
M
U
E
L
The book of love is long and boring
Sam hummed a quiet laugh. Sunjata wasn't someone he particularly disliked, but it was sometimes nice to be able to joke around with his fellow Ascended about those outside of the group. Made them feel more like a family, or...something like that.

For just a brief second, Sam was intrigued by Edy's claim she could read it. She'd surprised him many times in the past and sometimes she seemed so confident it felt like she really could do anything. As soon as she started to speak her 'reading' though, he sighed and rolled his eyes, any excited expression quickly falling. "For all you know, she might have been a ...gooey...person too." He really had no idea what to call the Prince.

"I guess...if he's not here...I don't know. Maybe we should see where the river goes?" He suggested, looking left and right down the hallway. "We just spoke to him back there then went home last time. We might as well investigate this place further." Pausing, turning to Edy, Sam added with a smile: "Maybe we'll find treasure."

No one can lift the damn thing
Edrei Launceleyn
the Rapacious

Age: 28 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 6 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 5 - Int:
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
EDREI

Pausing, Edy takes this criticism in stride. Fluttering her lashes thoughtfully, she nods at Sam over her shoulder. "Good point." She says of the woman potentially being a gooey-person too.

Spinning nimbly on her heel to glance at the water, the Rapacious studies it for a moment. The water flows from left to right, but disappears only a handful of yards from where they're currently standing into an underground tunnel or something. How convenient then, that they don't need to breathe because of course Edy is already thinking about jumping in. "Well I didn't bring a bathing suit, so I guess that means we're skinny dipping, huh?" She cackles happily, not meaning a word of it. Not that Edy was bothered by being naked as nearly everyone already knew, but she didn't much feel like trekking back down the ouchy-chute to retrieve her clothes.

"Comm'on." Splashing into the water—it's quite cold, not that Edy cares—she waggles her fingers at Sam. "Let's go get us that gooey-person treasure."
(D)ANGER
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
S
A
M
U
E
L
"...Mm. No." Sam responded to the idea of jumping in naked, though he did, after a seconds thought, shrug off his jacket and shoes and put them on the side. At the end of the day, he had others at home, and while walking home barefoot wouldn't be pleasant, it wouldn't hurt. "Maybe this isn't that good of an idea, actually. What if it leads into a cave and we get stu--"

Aaaaand Edy was in the water.

With a sigh, Sam found himself climbing down and cautiously lowering himself into the water, pulling a face as it touched his legs. "I knew that would interest you - oh, it's a weird colour - do you have any powers to help if we get stuck?" Once he was fully submerged, anxiety rising, Sam made sure he was right behind Edy (and ready to grab her in the event of some kind of freak current pushing them into the depths). "You lead the way."

Edrei Launceleyn
the Rapacious

Age: 28 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
EDREI

'I'll help you wriggle your white ass out of anything it happens to get stuck in, don't you fret." The Rapacious cackles cheerfully as her fingers continue to waggle in his direction.

"I do actually." She responds neatly over her shoulder, already sloshing her way forward towards where the water disappeared into the tunnel. Wet now, the strangeness of Edy's silhouette was partially obscured by the water rushing around her. From the back she looked ordinary enough, if not drastically on the thin side. Splashing her fingers against the surface of the water, unbothered by the potential danger, she pauses at the mouth of the tunnel to twist her head over her shoulder.

"We don't have to go if you don't want." Edy says softly, her dark eyes looking surprisingly kind amidst the wild swirl of her hair. "But for what it's worth, I think it'll be okay. We don't need to breathe, and even if we do get stuck, we're strong enough to walk up against the current." Even so, everything about Edy just now suggested that if Sam did want to turn back, Edy wouldn't heckle him about it.
(D)ANGER
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Change author:
S
A
M
U
E
L
"Mmmmm." Was all Sam had to say to the suggest of Edy pulling him out, mind already helpfully providing him images of his ankle crushed between rocks or various other body parts caught and having to be cut off. He bet that Edy wouldn't hesitate before she amputated his arm in an emergency and that thought was not comforting.

Finding the ground with his feet he took the first few nervous steps forward, stopping when she spoke again - surprised at her soft tone, he nodded seriously, taking in her words. "No, um..I think we should keep going. I want to know who - or what - the Prince is. Wherever this leads might help us find that out. Just, um..." Wordlessly, hoping this kind streak would continue for a moment, Sam reached out his hand for Edy's under the water, hoping to hold it so they could be sure of each others position as they went on.

"Alright. Let's go."

Edrei Launceleyn
the Rapacious

Change author:
EDREI

Patiently, Edy waits for Sam to find his footing and his words. She has the decency not to look surprised to crack some joke when his hand reaches out for hers beneath the water (though one is lingering on your tongue, some filthy wise-crack about it being a shame he took her hand instead of dick, but whatever). Giving his hand a reassuring squeeze, Edy tangles her fingers in his before taking a comically large breath of air that will do absolutely nothing for her.

"Off we fuck!" She trills brightly, tugging Sam forward so that the current might carry them forward and through the tunnel.

Which...anticlimactically, just...stayed dark. And then dark some more, and then darker still. They could both see in the dark of course, not that there was anything to see. Having to swim now—or float—there was only about 2 feet of air space between the top of the tunnel and the water level. Reclining onto her back as the current did most of the work, the Rapacious sighed loudly and comically. "Okay well this is not what I was expecting." She muses. "How far do you think we've gone?"
(D)ANGER
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Change author:
S
A
M
U
E
L
The moment of hesitation then silence was not lost on Sam as he felt Edy's hand squeeze his, and a small smile curled his lips even as the water around them continued to stoke his fears. Following suit and taking a breath (though not anywhere near as big), he followed her into the tunnel.

At first, Sam felt like he was waiting for something. Some kind of disaster or beast to find them, the ceiling of the tunnel to fall in - anything except for just water and darkness. And yet...that was all there was. For once, it seemed life had chosen to be mundane here. "I don't know...about twenty yards? I can't see where we came from anymore, but...doesn't look like there's anything ahead either. It has to lead out somewhere, though, right?" His voice echoed in the small space and he wrinkled his nose at how creepy it made the atmosphere.

"Do you want to keep going, or should we head back?" He asked, tightening his grip on her hand a little.

Edrei Launceleyn
the Rapacious

Change author:
EDREI

"Well, we've come this far. Might as well see this fucking thing through." Edy replied with a a casual shrug.

So down and down and down they go, drifting along with the current. Fingers clasped together, sometimes the water was deeper, sometimes it moved faster, but always it was through the dark. "Shoulda brought a fucking raft." The Rapacious notes after a few hours (years, weeks, who knew) had gone by. "Next time." She chuckles, as if there would ever be a next time.

Eventually though the pair will see something faint in the distance. They've been in the dark for so long that it will take them a moment to realize that it's light. "Huh. Fuck me." Edy says conversationally, and had Sam done just that, she wouldn't have complained. Assuming he doesn't, the pair will come out in...Kings End?

Huh.

~FIN
(D)ANGER