[SE] bend and break
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Age: 29 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 21 - Int:
Played by: Catalysta Away
Change author:
MP: 630
Aurelia
there's a heart here cast in stone
and there's a past i must atone
When Seren heeds the warning, Aurelia is only grateful that she does. She does not want to have to deal with this by other means when this would easily solve the problem, she thinks. When Seren is safe behind her, she unleashes the flames at the pumpkins with a control that never threatens to loose.

The roar of the fire is deafening, Seren's scream accompanying it and - for several moments - Aurelia is effectively deaf. There's a ringing in her ears as the haze of orangeish-red burns over the bridge, though she ensures that none of it is strong enough to latch on. With the dragon's help as it flies down on midnight-blue wings, the pumpkins are obliterated with ease.

Aurelia ceases the motions of her magic, and Umbra's aftereffects as well. With a sweeping motion of her hand, all traces of fire turn to ghostly wisps and then... there is nothing left but the gooey mess before them. Pumpkin entrails swamp the area, seeds pooling out from jack-o-lantern mouths that hang lifelessly open on blackened wood.

Seren's comment doesn't go unheard, and Aurelia lifts a brow as she looks over at the girl. With a devilish grin, she wanders forward to the edge of the grisly scene and plucks a seed right from the corpse. "I hear roasted pumpkin seeds are good, wanna try?" She seems to dare, holding up the little piece between her fingers towards Seren.
there were moments i thrust away
now there's a keeper i must pay
Seren Taliesin

Age: 25 | Height: 5'7 in (170cm) | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 3 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 16 - Int:
UMBRA - Mythical - Dragon (fire breath)
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 1897
SEREN
For every tyrant, a tear for the vulnerable
In every lost soul, the bones of a miracle
The blazing inferno set leaves and branches around them to steaming in the moist air. Even after all the fire had been wiped away, charred twigs and singed foliage spoke of its passage - not to mention the light char that remained on the footholds of the bridge. Somewhat awed and no small trepidation Seren regarded Aurelia, even as pumpkin gore dripped along her staff to soil her hands.

She had known the woman to be powerful, but this... seeing it like this was different.

Blue eyes narrowed as the Fireheart dared her with the pumpkin seed. Seren raised a brow in turn, and plucked the roasted pit from the woman's fingers. Not giving herself time to think this through too much, she promptly popped it into her mouth and bit down.

"Tastes like pumpkin," she drawled, as a smug grin sprawled across her lips. "You should try some." And pray that Melita never ever heard of this.

Still looking at Aurelia, Seren thoughtfully swiped juice from her weapon and flicked it off her fingers. "Aurelia... If I made a very selfish request that would ask you to completely set aside personal feelings... would you hear me out?" It was worth a try, at least. After seeing this much firepower... Seren probably shouldn't be too stubborn about things.
In every dreamer a dream - we're unstoppable
with something to believe in
Starlight (Passive) | Starfilled night billow around her like a veil as she moves. It is more noticeable in daytime and when she make sudden movements.
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Age: 29 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Aurelia
The corner of her eyes crinkle as a genuine smile spreads across her cheeks. She watches Seren take the seed, watches as she cracks it between her teeth, and announces that it tastes like pumpkin.

Aurelia laughs at that. "I think I will," she decides light-heartedly, popping one or two into her mouth as well.

As she chews at them and looks out at their handiwork, she isn't expecting the next statement from Seren. Aurelia gets back up to her full height and crosses her arms over her chest, a self-soothing gesture as anticipation threatens along the concerned furrow of her brows.

"Sure," she agrees quickly, stepping away from the pumpkin massacre a few paces and rounding back to fully face Seren. "I'm not making any promises until I hear you out, though," she adds with a skeptical raise of her brows, inclining her head to one side as she gives Seren the proverbial stage.
Seren Taliesin

Age: 25 | Height: 5'7 in (170cm) | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
SEREN
Mingling expressions of outrage, amusement and something appalled warred over dominion in Seren's face as Aurelia partook in the feast. If it could be called that. She tried to tell herself that this was no different from tasting liver or caviar from fresh hunts and fish. Just food. Right?

At least the mood had lightened somewhat. It was strange, how they got along fine as long as no one was talking. "Fair enough," Seren agreed. Inching away from the carnage, she leaned back against the railing, arms slung about the rope as she gathered her thoughts on how to break this in the best possible way.

"Safrin gave me a mission," she started, and settled for the simple truth. "There is something under the Sea of Glass that is of interest. Not sure what, but it might be important. Father and I went to take a look, and we realized that we are going to need magic to breach the ice. Water magic, and fire magic both, probably. I have asked Deimos to join us. Now, I would like to ask you as well."

There. That was the gist of it. Safrin's request, two demigods, and a pair of her followers. It would require Aurelia to set foot in Halo, put up with Deimos, and for him to accept her participation... A volatile mix to be sure, but one Seren hoped might bring some answers.

If Aurelia was willing, that is.
Starlight (Passive) | Starfilled night billow around her like a veil as she moves. It is more noticeable in daytime and when she make sudden movements.
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Change author:
Aurelia
Aurelia watches Seren resolve to propose whatever this is, and she can only do her best to stiffen and keep her emotions at bay - as requested. Though whether Seren had asked her to or not, she probably would have, at least for this moment.

She doesn't react right away, in this regard. Her brow barely even gives a twitch, eyes blinking away as she processes the information.

"That requires entry into Halo, and requires putting myself in a... very compromised position," she muses, wondering if this is news to Seren or if the demigod was willing to set aside Aurelia's wellbeing just like that. Emotion and logic are not the same, and Aurelia is only willing to set aside one of those things. "But..." she sighs, rubbing the back of her neck with a hand that's still warm from the fire, "if your father is there, I scarcely doubt he will let anything happen." Not only because of the fact that they're allies under Safrin, but because Seren would be there as well.

"Do you know exactly where and what this... something is?" She asks, looking up more directly at Seren.
Seren Taliesin

Change author:
SEREN
Remaining still as she could, Seren waited quietly as the woman processed. The only stirring of the bridge came from her dragon as Umbra landed, and came wobbling over slaughtered gourds to ensure that his bonded was alright. Seren stroked his head, scritching absently beneath his chin where a pair of bone nubs had begun to appear.

"I would of course guarantee your safety from Deimos, and make sure Hotaru won't interfere," she offered mildly. It was annoying, this was the exact kind of dance she loathed to deal with, but if it meant the completion of her mission, so be it. "If anything were to occur, I can bring you back to Torchline within moments. And, as you know, my father will be there, and won't tolerate any nonsense. From anyone." Or so she hoped. Maybe her own presence would help with that as well.

"No, I don't," she admitted, when Aurelia wanted more details. "Mother spoke of old knowledge and something being buried, but that is the extent of it. She also mentioned that this expedition might draw attention of the non-friendly sort... But no more than that. It is an adventure." Personally, Seren had her suspicions on what might be lurking beneath the frozen surface. A leviathan, perhaps, or a lost god... or perhaps something even more important.  But since she had no proof, she kept her mouth shut.

"I hope you know that I would not put you in this position if I had any other options," she offered instead. The smile was a little lopsided, but honest and genuine. "Father recommended that you should come. You are the strongest fire mage I have seen, and the only other person that has been suggested to me is the former Warden. That... is no longer an option. And I think this search might be very important - not just your regular treasure hunt."

Though who knew; maybe this really was Safrin's way of giving her daughter a present.
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Change author:
Aurelia
Even if it annoys Seren to say it, Aurelia finds comfort in the guarantee. Though, in truth, she is not entirely aware of her stance with Deimos. That will be a dance of its own, should she join this expedition. "I am willing to forego our differences, so long as he is," she says, beginning to speak as though she is truly entertaining the idea. Maybe she is.

The adventure that Seren describes is interesting, to say the least. It draws Aurelia's attentions almost immediately, like a cat drawn to a fast-moving object. "Hm..." she hums suddenly.

At Seren's assurances, and... in a way, praise, Aurelia offers a small smile in return. "I appreciate that. I hope you can understand why I am being cautious. I have a lot that I could lose, now, you see..." She smiles softly, "but.. I will help you, so long as Maeve is okay with it. She's pregnant, as you may know. I'm not keen on leaving her without my support for.. any length of time, but from what you describe... this expedition is important."

In several different ways, and there is a mystery factor to it that piques her own interest. What could be hidden beneath the Sea of Glass? Was it hidden there intentionally, or merely lost?

"Let me speak to Maeve, and you.. can make sure things are cleared with Deimos and Hotaru in that time as well. I do not intend to rile anything by stepping foot into Halo, and if Hotaru wishes to speak to me directly about it, then... we can go from there. If there are no complications, I'll be honored to do that, Seren."
Seren Taliesin

Change author:
SEREN
The relief that came flooding in at the tentative agreement was as palpable as it was impossible to hide. The deep breath the girl sucked in might as well have been the first gulp of air from a drowning, and the way she lit up in a smile could only be called radiant.

"Thank you, Aurelia," she breathed - if she had been Ronin, the girl would have been blinding to behold, for all the shimmering emotions. Alas, her starry aura only moved when she did, and the rise and fall of her shoulders barely allowed for a hint at its existence. "I will take care of the arrangements. With some luck we can do this before Deepfrost... I don't think anyone wants to be in Halo when the cold sets in. You have no idea how grateful I am that you'd consider this."

She knew it wasn't a done deal yet. There were still obstacles to overcome - one of them being Deimos, whose consent to join had also been provisional - but at least now Seren thought there was a glimmer of hope for success. She would need to talk to her father... but that was a matter for later.

"How about we keep going?" she suggested, casting a glance at the gourds. "Maybe we can find a more scenic spot to talk." Umbra agreed with a sharp snort that sent a dark cloud of smoke billowing up from his nostrils.

The young dragon turned his silvery eyes on Aurelia, and extended a large head towards her, snuffling the air around her with faint recognition. He had grown since last they met; his shoulders were almost level with Seren's hip now, with a head like a small pony and twice his length's worth of wingspan. Still a bit scrawny, with the look of a young mastiff yet to pack enough muscle to truly pack a punch, he was nevertheless formidable at a first glance - pushing the upper limits of what a bonded dragon usually reached.
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Change author:
Aurelia
Aurelia's gaze flickers across Seren's face as it lights up, as the dark aura around her shifts and warps her appearance slightly with each minute movement, gleeful as the daughter of Safrin suddenly becomes. Even in the radiance of Seren's beauty, Aurelia cannot hide the uncertainty that draws a small, tight-lipped frown across her own face.

"Don't thank me yet," she cautions, offering a shaky smile, "I have to put Torchline first, and make my own arrangements there... but, as long as all goes well, then I will be there."

At Seren's suggestion to keep going, Aurelia gives a small nod and gestures for her to take the lead. "I believe this leads to the Leap of Faith, if we continue to follow it," she offers, since she's explored the area before - just never the bridge. "What else do you want to talk about?"

The dragon does catch her attention as smoke puffs out from his nostrils and silver, reptilian eyes glint up at her. She instinctively steps back and lifts her hand up, startled by the large beast's proximity. "Is he.. uh... friendly?" She glances towards Seren.
Seren Taliesin

Change author:
SEREN
"Of course, I expect nothing less." Seeren was grateful just for the consideration, honestly. It was more than she had expected, får better than she had feared.

Taking the lead, the young demigod picked her way past the carnage of gourds and proceeded along the bridge. Aurelia's question was met with a light shrug. "I don't really know. But you didn't ask me out here to talk politics, did you?" A glance over her shoulder made her smile; the woman's caution with Umbra was understandable and rather a smart move.

"As long as you don't try to hurt either of us, then yes. Umbra is my bonded companion." Just in case that wasn't already clear. The dragon snorted with amusement at Aurelia's unease, and pulled ahead to trail in Seren's wake. Only when there was a slight widening of the surrounding foliage did he take a leap into the air, and spread his wings to return back into the sky.
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Change author:
Aurelia
For the moment, she shrugs the question off.  Noted, is all she has to say about the answer concerning Seren's companion. She watches it as it trails after Seren and is soon gone, taking back to the skies through the foliage.

It's in this clearing that the bridge stops off at the waterfall, along the stony cliff edges. Moisture slicks everything here, and Aurelia is careful not to slip when she steps onto the ground.

"I asked you here," she begins, "with the hope that we could get to know one another better. I said some things before that were harsh. I was still... shaken up, after everything," it had been so soon, and there had been so many things for her to piece together in so little time for Sunjata and Nate. And now? Now everything is different and there are harder pills to swallow. "I'm sorry for the way I spoke to you, and I am sorry for the things you witnessed me do, for the pain I caused you," she pauses to turn towards Seren, tipping her head downward slightly, "I hope that, moving forward, I can show you that I'm more than my darkest moments." More than the sum of the things that have happened.
Seren Taliesin

Change author:
SEREN
Strolling along, Seren kept her attention on the surroundings. On the shifting bridge, the dense foliage and all the sounds that emanated from the verdure. Birds, monkeys, colorful insects and reptiles all called out in a cacophony of noise that struck her deaf one moment and left her ears ringing with silence the next. Billowing, surging - much like the waterfall they reached at the end of the road.

Turning to regard the other woman as she spoke up, Seren folded her arms behind her back and weighed on her heels as she considered how to respond. After a moment, her gaze roamed back to the water, and the haze that rose up to glitter in the sundappled air.
"I'm sorry too," she said after a while. "You are not the only one who said harsh things. But... you don't really have to apologize to me, you know? My pain is negligble. Isn't there someone else you should be saying these things to?"

Someone who suffered far more in the aftermath of the events, regardless of whether it was justified or not.

"I do hope so too, Aurelia. Good luck with your new job - I do look forward to seeing what will become of Torchline."