heat waves been faking me out
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Online
Change author:
MP: 2712
// tonight my demons come out to play, all my anger goes away, i'm ready for it //
Honestly? He asks, rolling his eyes once he’s shifted into his panther shift. He comes up beside her, bumping his shoulder into hers, whiskers flickering even as his ears remain perked forward with the memory he tries to keep hidden from her. But she does successfully distract him, her shoulder punching into his with a very audible mental oof, the panther staggering slightly to the side as a growl of a yowl leaves him playfully and his large paws are scrabbling across the cooled lava rock of the Climb to chase after her.

Her words, honestly, do a lot to soothe him even more, a spark of surprise he can’t hide from her shooting down the bond. He scrambles after her, aiming to catch up his speed so that he might be able to nip at her tail – not aiming to actually bite it, but definitely to mouth it if he gets close enough to, a warning of sorts aimed entirely for her. Better not be the end, I got a lot more life in me. Which I guess means you’re stuck with me in a way. He taunts.
SUNJATA
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Age: 29 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 21 - Int:
Played by: Catalysta Away
Change author:
MP: 630
I thought it felt right but that right was wrong
Even as the words leave her mind, manifesting into something he can hear, she's surprised too. And his surprise, well, she can understand it. For people like them, sentiments of loyalty and love would probably always be unexpected. Because they've learned to expect the worst out of people.

But perhaps they could expect the best from each other.

The jaws that grip around the end of her tail bring her to a skidding halt, rocks flying beneath her giant paws as she turns her body to try and face him. Her forepaws reach out to brace against him, maybe even pin him down to the ground. Who's stuck with who now? She teases, tone lowered, almost like the growl that rumbles out between her teeth.
all caught up in the eye of the storm
Aurelia
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
// tonight my demons come out to play, all my anger goes away, i'm ready for it //
It’s something Sunjata thinks he’ll never understand. It’s something that draws a warmth to his chest that he’s frankly terrified of, but he doesn’t show it to her. He’s mastered the Attuned bond well enough to know how to keep his intimate feelings to himself. The surprise, though? That’s fair game. It shoots down the bond toward her as he chases after her with nipping jaws full of teeth, a black blur among her stripes.

She skids to a stop and Sunjata, unprepared as he is, huffs as he half clips her before he comes to a stop too – only to be taken down by her bigger form – a yowl leaving him as she pins him down by her forepaws, large as they press into his shoulders. There’s something that flickers in the steel that meets the tiger’s eyes, something amused and playful that almost seems nostalgic.

Well if nothing else, we’ve come full circle, haven’t we? He teases her, tilting his feline head up to butt his forehead against her nose gently, a friendly gesture while his mind sends her the reminder of the first time they’d pinned one another.
SUNJATA
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Age: 29 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Aurelia
don't worry about the
darkness in my soul
She's surprised at how easily he goes down, but the feeling of all this extra muscle as it ripples with the motion is explanation enough. It's this kind of raw, physical power that makes her feel... strong. Stronger than anything that might oppose her. It doesn't matter what she faces. If she can push through everything else with sheer force, if she can't be stopped, then she won't stop. She'll keep fighting, and getting stronger.

The look in his eyes is a reminder, a prod along with his words. As she peers down at him with that feline playfulness, she nods her muzzle to bump it against his forehead as he pushes up. She can see the rogue grin on his face, through the bond, can hear those taunts and teases, can feel the way they'd wrestled for the advantage.

In that nostalgic way, she feels like she's found herself again - but still, she's so very different from who she used to be. So far from that person, she wouldn't recognize herself.

Come a long way since then, haven't we? She asks, moving her paws so that they're on either side of his shoulders rather than bearing down on him. They both had been through so much in all this time. But they'd come out of it all anyway, and met each other on the other side every time.

And she's reminded again how much she'll miss having him around, living along the edges of the coast, sparring in the Slagveld, drinking at the Hanged Man. Even if they see each other still, it won't be the same. She took for granted the time that he was close, before war loomed over them and shook everything to its core.

Suddenly the tiger shifts away, but she's still leaning over the panther anyway. And the bond is still strong between them. Within it, there's a tangible longing mixing against the understanding she has. Emotion toiling with reason. "Sunjata.." She lifts a hand up to touch the softer fur on his cheek, something unreadable in her eyes.
it ignites me
like an embered coal
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
i found hope in a hopeless home
found my father but i lost my soul
We have. His accented rumble is full of nostalgia, reminiscent in a way that he hasn’t felt in a while. He loosens his shoulders as her paws move and the panther simply watches, steel eyes bright and gentle as Aurelia shifts and shrinks back down into herself, Sunjata watching as her hand rises to brush against his feline cheek, his whiskers flicking with the movement.

And then, Sunjata shifts back into himself, too, the Flood settled beneath Aurelia, her hand still on his cheek – still stubbled but not as fuzzy as it had been. And his gaze is also unreadable, tattooed arms rising to wrap her in a tight hug and pull her down to him, pressing his face above her shoulder. “It’s not like I’ll be gone forever, Aurelia.” He says gently, keeping her in that tight embrace. “I’ll still drop by now and then to be a pain in your ass, don’t you worry.” The chuckle vibrates through him and he wonders if she can feel the reverberations too, hoping she takes them for that and not the slight tremble it actually is. He thinks he might have even said the same thing earlier, but it's worth repeating if only to keep the thought alive, to slip away from the sadder parts.

Everything has changed and will continue to change and all Sunjata can do is be proud of the fact that he’s working on himself now after so long – not letting anyone try to sway him this way or that. For the first time he feels relieved, as if the weight that had been making a home on his shoulders have slipped off into the sea.
i tried to trace it, i aimed to scope
been tryna kill it, but it's all i know
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Change author:
Aurelia
don't worry about the
darkness in my soul
His thickly accented voice is still clear within her mind in spite of the shift back, in spite of the fact that his mouth doesn't move. She can feel the flick of his whiskers against her palm just before it turns to stubble, and her hand covers the rough scar that drapes across his cheek. Her gaze bores against his, eyes grown darker now even in their pale color, but before she can try to decipher the thoughts behind his own eyes he's pulling her in against him.

His voice is a husky rumble in her ears and she presses her cheek in against his, shutting her eyes closed. She breathes him in deep as her other hand presses against his chest. The exhale is choppy, her breath splintering as she feels the beat of his heart beneath her palm. She can feel the strength in each thud, can feel the minute tremor of it throughout his rib cage, accentuated by his trembling.

She pulls back enough to look at him, to bend her neck and press her forehead gently against his, eyelids low over her eyes. The hand at his cheek remains there, fingers grazing over his scar toward the edges of his chin.

Sweat beads along her temple. The tip of her nose angles against the side of his, and she doesn't think they've ever been this close before.

Contrasting feelings ricochet between this is stupid and I've wanted to do this for so long... and she hesitates. "Jata...?" It's a question, maybe a warning.
it ignites me
like an embered coal
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
Her cheek presses in against his, one hand rising to slip through her dark hair, cradling her head against his as he embraces her tightly to him. There’s the steady rhythm of his heart, one that no longer stutters when it beats thanks to the healing from his own lightning attack – just another thing that had them connected to one another. The scars both danced along their skin, both pale streaks and raised just enough to catch the eye among the other scars.

Her hand covers over the scar on his face that his father had given him and he tilts his head into it ever so slightly, only blinking up at her when she pulls away just enough to let her nose graze by his. He scans her face, his steel dancing between each of her own as if wondering what it is she’s thinking. Her nose brushes by his and he blinks a few times, despite the heat in the Climb, he can feel her breath against his lips, against his skin.

Yes, Aurelia?” He asks, making no move to move away, waiting to see what it is she does, what keeps her here, what keeps her within his close orbit this much longer.
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Change author:
Aurelia
don't worry about the
darkness in my soul
If he were to ask her aloud, what keeps her this close to him for this long, she wouldn't have a direct answer. A plethora of things tug her closer, she can feel it like a fight or flight instinct even if she can't explain it. It's now that she suddenly realizes how hard and fast her heart is hammering against her chest. That fluttery feeling in her stomach makes her breath feel shallower and shallower. She can see the sweat that builds the beads along his frayed skin.

For a split second, which is long enough to make a decision, she knows that nothing in the world could pull her away. Not the tides of the ocean or fractures in the earth's surface, not lightning coursing through her veins or deafening flames - not even the tiny voice telling her to push him away. Her hands clasp over his skin, slick as it is from sweat. Her nails start to dig in, leaving indents as they slide up his torso.

It's fight or flight, and... well...

"I'm not running from this anymore," she whispers gently against his mouth, breath becoming shallower still until it catches in her chest. She moves in quick, desperately, to capture his lips with hers, to know what it feels like, what he tastes like.
it ignites me
like an embered coal
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
It’s something he’s fallen into, a trap of sorts – curious to see how it ends, curious to see how far she goes, what runs through her mind, what lines there are and lines he was sure she wouldn’t cross. Until, of course, she does, and her nose brushes by his and he waits with an almost baited breath in the middle of the climb, on his back among the lava rock dirt and the heat of both the environment they find themselves in and the heat from her above him.

The steel of his gaze watches her, however blurry it is, as her fingernails dig in against his chest, sliding up and up in ways that she hasn’t ever done before. And when she tells him she’s not running anymore, confusion blares its loud siren in his head, precisely the time that her lips meet his. It’s different now than it would have been back when they’d been in this position before. There wasn’t the scar that twisted the corner of his lips, there wasn’t the history shared between them, the sparring conversation, the fact that she’d been one of the ones to keep him on his set path.

The new Queen would find he tastes like the hint of smoke, the hint of whiskey, of salt and oceans and electricity from the breath that had just raced through his throat previously, and Sunjata does kiss her back, only for an effort of pushing her up enough so that he can flip them, to place her with her back to the ground, to pull away quickly as his sudden worries and admittedly a small fraction of fear overcomes him internally.

He pulls away, keeping her there for a second by her shoulders, before he’s pushing off of her and rising, readjusting his shirt, running a sweat slicked hand through his hair as a flush covers his neck, under the scars of ascended bites and the rest. “I don’t… Understand.” He manages, his voice tight with uncertainty.
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Change author:
Aurelia
don't worry about the
darkness in my soul
The taste of him is strong and smoky, not unlike how she'd thought it would be. (Had she thought about it before? We'll leave that part to the imagination) But the moment her lips sink in against his, the moment he kisses her back, it brings her back down to earth. Suddenly she knows she's made a mistake, but at the same time.. it doesn't feel like a mistake. It's a contrast she struggles with as he pushes her over onto her back and he pulls away.

A breath of air sucks in through her nostrils as she lifts up, first on her elbows, gazing across at him. Her gaze flickers as he speaks, but she doesn't move further away. She's not sure if she's frozen to the spot by fear or by something else. Something harder to describe, that feels like fear but isn't - not really.

"I... I'm sorry, I thought.." her brows twitch closer together, "I thought you felt it too." That feeling she keeps having, whenever she's around him, like a force of nature or a guiding light. It's stubborn, it's addicting, it's... confusing. "I-" she shakes her head and pulls away, tucking her legs back in toward her chest, "If you didn't feel it just now then maybe I'm the one that's confused." She bites back anything else and moves to stand, to step away, feeling as though a wall were building its way back up around her heart, feeling as though she'd fucked up in a.. fundamental way.
it ignites me
like an embered coal
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
It’s surprising in a way he hasn’t quite thought, and when they finally part, when the scent of sulfur and smoke finally overcomes his senses rather than the scent of her, he finds himself watching her as she lifts herself up onto her elbows and Sunjata swallows hard. “I…” His own brows pinch together, unsure where it leaves them, how awkward it would make things. But he’s made a point to try and be more honest, to draw lines where he can, to keep certain things separate from the rest of him.

Once…” Upon a time, he stutters. “But that was before everything else.” His hand gestures to the rest of him, scar-flecked and worn. “You’d made it quite clear… So I thought.” He pauses, working his jaw, the scar tugging on his cheek as he watches her stand, taking a step toward her. “Thought we were just friends, that you wanted to keep it that way.” He doesn’t understand, not entirely.

Had this happened before, back when they’d sparred that time in the boxing ring, it would’ve been fine. But now? Now that she was friends with both him and Nate, to have this happen confuses him, it worries him for telling Nate about it, worries for what it means for their friendship in the future, if it’s awkward at all or not.
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Change author:
Aurelia
don't worry about the
darkness in my soul
Once, he says, and her lips twist into a grimace because she knows what he's referring to. He thought she wanted to keep things that way, and all of it comes crashing down on her. Like a wave, or maybe it's more like a fire. But her gaze shifts a shade darker and she turns sharply to square her shoulders toward him and lock their eyes together.

"Thought that I wanted to keep things what way? The same? Nothing's the same anymore, Sunjata. Maybe this would've been easier before, when it would've meant nothing-" she blurts out, tone heated, chest rising and falling in tandem with her shallower breaths. But her point cuts off because she doesn't know where to take it.

With a snort, she looks away sharply and folds her arms over her chest. Her tone sombers and she admits, "I thought I did, too. But... I don't know. There's something I feel for you that I've never felt for anyone else. I'm just.. drawn to you, and I don't know why. I don't know what it is." Whatever hurt she feels takes the form of frustration, and she lets it for the moment, but she's trying to be honest anyway. Her lips purse shut tightly as ash starts to cling to her skin, muddying it, and she glances up at him again.
it ignites me
like an embered coal
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
She sharpens, and he recognizes it because it’s something he’s done many times before too. Their eyes meet, steel meeting her green gaze, the sharpness of her tongue meeting his ears easily paired with the help of the golden earring in his ear. His head shakes a fraction, sending the other set of earrings – a gift from Nate – swinging just above his shoulders. “Not… Not that it means nothing, Aurelia. It’s complicated.” She should know that, shouldn’t she? “Maybe before when I hadn’t fucked it up with having a kid with Safrin and almost ruining my marriage.” The honesty is there, bleak as it is, all truths of which she should know. Things she did know.

She was there.

She looks away and her arms cross and his hang limply at his sides and he finds himself drawing a few steps closer, eyes never leaving her as his brows raise a fraction, as the tension in his jaw returns a fraction more than it had before. The words resonate something, it has him wanting to bark a laugh and mention that yeah, a lot of people have been feeling that way around me and I still don’t know what the fuck it is they’re seeing, but he doesn’t. Instead, he reaches out, a lightning scarred hand resting on her shoulder (the same side her own matching lightning scars lie that he’s not fully aware of to the extent of), when he tries to find his words. “Is it because we’re so similar? Because we’ve done a lot of fucked up shit and might be the only ones that understand what it’s like?” A dark brow raises in question, his hand withdrawing from her now that he’s gotten her attention.
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Change author:
Aurelia
don't worry about the
darkness in my soul
The retort he makes for her heated remark only further stills her tongue, further stops her from saying much else that she might regret. If she were more inclined to feed into emotions and fleeting thoughts, she might continue to argue, but she does know. She can't quite shake the feeling that she's lost a battle of some sort.

"I know," she states, "but I'm not everyone else."

The few steps he takes closer are met with a rigidness in her shoulders, muscles fluttering with her tension as she lifts her chin to stare up at him. Lightning scars meet lightning scars, and she's reminded yet again of the exact sentiment he echoes out loud.

His hand withdraws and she reaches out to stop it, to grasp it in her own and hold it for a moment longer. Her gaze searches the steel of his own and for several moments she's silent. Then, she shakes her head as her fingers release their grip on him. "No, because we're not the only ones," she points out with a harsher tone, "I don't think I've ever met anyone that I haven't seen eye to eye with. Most people that I've told of my past, like you, have understood. But this? What you and I have? It's... it's something else, it's... different."

"When you asked me to be Arbiter, I didn't just accept the position because I cared about Torchline or Haulani. I do, of course I do... it's my home, but... I wanted to help you, support you, make your battles my own. Now? Now, it's like a part of me is missing. If you asked me to follow you still, I'd drop everything," she sways visibly and takes a step back, turning her face to stare down at her feet.
it ignites me
like an embered coal