heat waves been faking me out
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2712
SUNJATA
i found hope in a hopeless home
found my father but i lost my soul
No… No you’re not.” Sunjata replies quietly, having nothing else to add to it. There are things that ghost into his mind, that echo quietly in his throat before they die before he has a chance to even think them to life, though, and by that time she’s reaching for his hand as he withdraws. Both their hands are calloused and rough, scarred and tanned by the sun. He works his jaw, focusing on her as he airs his question, as she shakes her head and drops his hand and he immediately uses it to push back the longer dark hair, stained with ash from the Climb’s air.

She tells him it’s something different and he doesn’t know what it means, doesn’t know where to begin to tear it apart until she continues on and it’s a sort of devotion he doesn’t deserve, a devotion he’s never earned in his life. And perhaps that’s seen in the way his lips purse slightly, in the way the scar that spans his cheek is tugged. “I’m still here, though.” He says quietly, watching her as her gaze drifts to the ground and his own lifts above her, to scan the area around them as the heat continues to seep in, continuing to linger along his sweat slicked skin.

What makes me the different one, Aurelia? Is it the fact that I was the first to understand you? Is it because I was Governor and had some semblance of power?” To say he is powerful is something he’ll never admit out loud, not in a serious manner even if it’s true. “I don’t need you to follow me. I need you to be my friend. To be Nate’s friend. For however long is left for us.” Another step draws him closer and his hand reaches up again to press his fingers to the underside of her jaw, to tilt her head up so that he can scan her gaze. “I don’t know how to fill that piece that you’re missing, Aurelia, but I don’t have any pieces of myself to give away anymore.” He’d fractured and given out far too much, he’d split himself apart again and again and been left with nothing but slivers left to glue together and pretend it made a backbone that was heavier than a feather.
i tried to trace it, i aimed to scope
been tryna kill it, but it's all i know
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Age: 29 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 21 - Int:
Played by: Catalysta Away
Change author:
MP: 630
Aurelia
don't worry about the
darkness in my soul
He's still here, he says, and it feels like deadweight. The words hold such little meaning in this moment, and yet she knows that in reality they mean the world. "It's not the same," she chokes out, a half-whisper, a half-cry, another echo of the same sentiment she'd revealed earlier. Nothing is the same anymore.

The words he tells her next, she knows should be of comfort. She knows he means them well, she knows that he doesn't intend to hurt her, that he never did intend for that to begin with. So why does it still tear her apart at the seams?

Tears spring at the corners of her eyes and she squeezes them shut. Her arms lift to shove him away, even if her strength is no match for his pOwEr. "No!" She snaps out, the word grating against her tongue and her teeth as it flies past her lips.

"It's not because of any of that! It's not about what I can get from you- you idiot," the words hurt to say, perhaps because it hurts to realize that that's what he thinks she wants. To take. If only she could fucking say what it is about. But finding the words is so difficult with her mind frayed that, for all she tries to muster them, the only thing that comes out is her own damn tears. It makes her pull away, even if she's already tried to push him away. "I'm not here because I think you need me, or because I think I can-" her words are cut off by a sob that fractures them, "can get something from you. If you really think that's what I want, is to take things from you-" and she lunges forward again, "then go! Just go!"
it ignites me
like an embered coal
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
SUNJATA
He’s as lost as a ship in a storm, and the second that she reaches up to shove him away he does step back, he gives her space, her snapped words have his eyes narrowing, have the plates forming along his neck and shoulders as an immediate reaction to the frustration of yet another attuned, predator to predator. And the words she utters has him realizing he’d misinterpreted her, has him realizing that it’s his default, and in a flurry of her sobs and tears, he swallows hard.

That’s what everyone’s always wanted from me. He finally decides to say, mentally, a deep, richly accented rumble that invades her mind. It was always what he could do, how many times he could tear himself apart for someone else. How much of a failure he often was at it. How much of a failure he was at becoming what he wanted to be versus what his life had made him to be. As for what he thinks she wants? He doesn’t know, it’s why he’s offering out everything that everyone else had wanted because he doesn’t understand. He’s lost, confused, frankly a little bit hurt too at the turn of the events that have occurred. “I don’t understand.” He half whispers over the sound of the lava rumbling in the background.

She shoves at him again and he takes another step back, to give more space between them as he shakes his head. “Please, just tell me.” Even if it doesn’t make sense, if she can’t articulate it the way she wants to. He thinks he might understand that, at least, or if not then at least it would follow the same thread the conversation had shifted to, even if he can still taste her on his lips, even if it sparks more of those confusing warnings in his mind.
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Age: 29 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 21 - Int:
Played by: Catalysta Away
Change author:
MP: 630
Aurelia
don't worry about the
darkness in my soul
Through the wake of her crying, which is such a hollow feeling to her, she hears his voice in her mind as clear as day. And it forces a whimper out from her lips, strained and reluctant and oh so frustrated, until she explodes back at him once again, "I am not everyone else!"

She can see the inflection in his eyes, the honesty behind his simple statement. He doesn't understand. Her vocal chords strain in such a way that it hurts her throat to speak. So, she doesn't. She contemplates leaving, too, and she's sure he can feel it in the bond they share; the urge to escape, to leave this moment and never come back to it.

But what she'd said was true: she wasn't running from this anymore.

It takes her a few seconds, or minutes, she's not sure how long has passed. Eventually..

"It's not about what I can get out of this, or what I can get from you," she blunders, "It's about how you make me feel. When I'm around you, everything... everything feels like it'll be okay..." - her voice dies down, and it cracks with the change of volume but she carries on - "I know you don't think you deserve my friendship, or my loyalty, or... or anything. I know you think you're a fuck-up. I know you're in pain. I know you don't have anything left to give, I know, Sunjata..." her brows thread together and tears keep welling up but she pushes through it, "and it's okay. I don't want to take anything away from you. I.. just- I wish I could show you the you that I see. 'Cause I see so much more than all of that," her lips tremble with the inflection and she does her best to try and hold his gaze even if she can barely see him through the haze of tears. Her voice starts to die as she croaks out, "and I wish that I could give to you more than anyone has ever taken."
it ignites me
like an embered coal
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
Her tears still surprise him and he wonders just how much of this he’s misinterpreted. She says she’s not like everyone else, her frustration brought to the surface, like a bomb going off beneath the waves with the way the words reach him, confuse him more, wound him somewhat. He doesn’t get it. How is she not, with this realization? He needs her to explain, to understand just why she wasn’t simply trying to use him like so many that had come before her had.

So he remains silent, teeth grinding as the plates of armor from his dragon shift sit on his shoulders and neck, his gaze drifting from her eventually until it lands back on her when she speaks.

Is that not power? He wants to ask. The fact that he can make everything okay, was that not a product of simply what he’s become? But she continues and there’s something that flickers in his gaze, that darkens the steel, that clouds and storms them as he steadies his breathing. She continues on and on and the words reflect against him like shadows dredging up his past, like his fears coming to the surface, written plainly on his skin as much as his tattoos are.

Where does he even start? “You know a lot more about me than most people do. And you’ve given me so much by just being my friend.” He begins, pausing to lick his lips before he continues, an idle movement while he focuses on trying to pinpoint his words. It’s distracting in other ways with the fact he can still taste her there, enhanced a fraction by the dragon shift presenting on his shoulders that threatens to fill the rest of him out. “But only one person can give me those things and… It’s not you.” It’s Nate. “I’m sorry if I've misinterpreted anything.” He works his jaw again, shakes his head, stares at the cooled dark lava beneath their feet.