Fix This (Me)
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

No one in particular...he didn't know if that made the quest easier or not. If there was someone specific he would at least have a starting point, but at least anyone meant he could try and find somebody easier to convince; even better someone who actually wanted to Ascend. As bizarre as it was to Sam he knew some did want the 'gift' of Ascension, craved it. All he had to do was find one of them.

He turned to Remi with a nervous smile. "..S...so what d-did you think? Do...you think that w-went well?" He hoped Remi did not think any less of him for agreeing to the quest, which could be considering immoral if you looked at it a certain way.

Samuel
Well he's torn himself to pieces and each night he feels the itch
To grab the needle, thread and scalpel. He'll gather, slice and stich
And he'll build a brand new person where the current person sits
Until he's nothing but a patchwork of other people's greatest hits
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 62 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059

As the Voice disappeared, Remi exhaled a breath he hadn't realized he'd been holding. Whether it was simply to keep quiet, out of some sort of reverence, or because he was so deep in thought even he couldn't say. Reaching an arm out, he squeezed one of Sam's shoulders reassuringly.

"Well .. we are not dead. She did not seem angry and ...I suppose you have been given a way forward." The alchemist replied with an uncertain sort of shrug. "Do you know anyone who .... wants to be an ascended?" Remi asked, wondering whether or not this was going to be over quickly or if it would take some ... searching.

remi
Too long till I drown in your hands
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:

Remi seemed pretty indifferent about their meeting with The Voice, which was better than disapproval. The question caused Sam to pause though, thinking through it. Did he...? He did not know very many people at all. To further limit the circle to Accepted who would want to Ascend...the list was so small it probably had no one on it at all.

"...I don't...th-think so. But...m-maybe...I could...put up an...ad-advertisement? In th-the settlement? There has t-to be someone who w..wants to, right?"

He got up from kneeling on the stone floor and stretched, lacing his fingers and raising his arms above his head. Now that he could feel the cold of the stone on his knees and the aches of his body he couldn't keep one position as he used to be able to. When he finished he turned to Remi and looked him up and down. He was a man of many magical talents and shifts, who presumably would not want anything else. But Sam still wondered.

"If...you c-could Ascend. Would you w-want to?"

Samuel
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:

Remi nodded thoughtfully. "Mmhmm, certainly. We could ask Vai as well. With all the people who come through the Rathskeller, if there's been word of someone looking to change, she would probably know."

As Sam rose, Remi remained where he was, raising a brow up at the bookmaker as he stretched. The white of his hip showed as his hands raised, and Remi couldn't help but trace the curve of the bone there, his finger halted by the top of Sam's pants.

Sam's question made him pause, and Remi let his hand fall into his lap as he easily rose from where he was. Rubbing his hands up and down his arms, the alchemist shrugged. "I... I do not know. Only because where I came from, I already made my choice about what and who I am. A shapechanger, or...attuned here. That is what I was. I never wanted or asked to be more than that. To have the ability to just ... maybe decide again? I.." Stumbling through his explanation, Remi eventually just stopped and shrugged. "I do not know I would have the courage to change who I am again."

remi
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Change author:

"G-good idea. But...we'd have to b...be sure they were so-sober." Sam knew it would likely be easier to fulfill his quest if the victim participant were drunk out of their minds, but it would be horribly unfair to spring it on someone not fully able to understand the choice they were making.

As Remi stroked a hand down his hip he smiled and raised an eyebrow, a suggestive glint in his eyes.

"....I s-see. Well. I wo..wouldn't like you to change. I was j-just curious." He took Remi's hand and swung it, looking about as if unsure of where to go next. They could go back to their alcove but that felt terribly lazy and he suspected it could become yet another indecent moment in the temple. "...W...with the Sparkbird out th-there now, I would li...like to go see if my house is alright. Wou...would you come with me?"

Samuel
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:

Remi chuckled and nodded. "Yes. " He replied with a smile. He'd known enough people now who had been forced into what they now where (Sam and Ianto, to name two) that the alchemist would have participate in such trickery.

The alchemist smiled crookedly as Sam began to swing their hands together. It was something Remi had noticed Sam seemed to like to do, and he let his hand be taken and moved easily. "Oh, of course." Remi said, glancing over at Sam with a a gentle nod. Distantly he wondered how his shop had faired—he'd made absolutely no efforts to try and protect it—and sighed slightly to himself. Reckless, right Jigano?

remi