[OPEN] a devious trick
Open. teehee
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 30 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: Lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 229
Samuel
An open field that's framed with trees
We pick a spot and shoot the breeze
"All the books on this wall are history or legend. It's my favourite topic to explore and copy from." Sam said with a smile, leaning forward on the desk and pointing across to a wall about three shelves deep, with books stretching from the floor to the ceiling in each. From small paper-bound leaflets to huge leather tomes, there were entries for every region and part of Caido imaginable. At the end of the third shelf, at the bottom, a couple of levels were devoted to stories that Outlanders had transcribed to him.

As Cam went to investigate, he'd keep talking, rambling along as he looked over his own collection. "If you have a good memory for stories and histories from your world, at some point I'd love to have you sit down with me so I can write it down. I think the Voice bringing so many new people here gave us a wonderful opportunity for learning new stories."
All we see is sky for forever
We let the world pass by for forever
Cameron Davis
Artist

Age: 26 | Height: 5'8" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 1 - Strg: 11 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 13 - Luck: 8 - Int:
Played by: Bees Online
Change author:
MP: 1235

"Oh, awesome." Cam headed over to the shelves, feeling a bit overwhelmed by the quantity of books here, but in a good way. They'd go for a medium-sized book, they decided. Their instinct was to pick out a weighty tome that would last them for quite a while as reading material, but they kept in mind that they were getting this for free: they didn't want to take something that had required so much work to transcribe. But they didn't want to go for a pamphlet, either, and be done reading in a couple days. They searched the shelves, looking for maybe a general primer on myths and legends.

"Oh -- sure. Yeah, of course. That would be great, actually. I have a pretty good memory for stories, and there's ... a lot of them." Cam thought of every book they'd ever read, all the mythology they'd studied from childhood on, and grinned. Stories were kind of their thing, in truth. "I'd love that, really."

cameron ?

"Cameras" by Ennev is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 2.0
Cameron uses they/them pronouns
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 30 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: Lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 229
Samuel
An open field that's framed with trees
We pick a spot and shoot the breeze
Honestly, Sam would have appreciated the shelf space left over after a large book was taken, but he wouldn't change Cam's choice. It was always interesting to see what people came in for: children choosing dark legends, labourers choosing complex textbooks and the surprising amount of tough warriors that loved romance novels. His romance shelf was one of the largest areas of turnaround in the shop.

"Great. I've gathered stories from all kinds of people...a lot of them friends before everything became so...divided." He sighed, thinking of the years before the barrier had fell, when the Ascended and others in the Grounds had simply co-existed, had shared stories and experiences freely. "I hope that in the years to come from now, they might serve as a way to connect with everyone from all their different places...maybe form some kind of understanding."

He shrugged, staring at the desk and tracing a grain of the wood with his fingertip, now accidentally on this sombre tangent. "I feel sorry for you, that you couldn't be here when the world was less angry. It was dangerous and frightening, but...when we were all here, we had to work together, and it made us more forgiving of each other."
All we see is sky for forever
We let the world pass by for forever