flip turned upside down
Paige Berkley

Age: 22 | Height: 5' 3" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 2 - Strg: 14 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 14 - Luck: 9 - Int: 0
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Paige

"It's pretty and kinda cold. Really different from Torchline, but I like that it looks so different. Reminds me of kingdoms in my books!" She wonders if he likes to read too. Does he like books about knights and princesses and dragons just as much as she did? Her shoulders lift in a shrug, glancing back at him, "I dunno. They just always appear." And she had been content to leave it at that, but then he mentions growing one from seeds. The things about Paige is that she's kind of a collector. The girl comes to a sudden stop, rustling around in her bag and pulling out a small glass vial, filled to the brim with seeds for the little buggers. "I don't really know a lot about growing things, but maybe you can."

She offers him the vial before her attention is captured by the window full of confectionary delights, blue eyes widening as she presses her nose to the glass, stomach already starting to growl. The only thing that pulls her away from her gazing is the fact that they're going inside. Paige trails after him, hot on his heels, one small hand reaching out to snag his sleeve so they don't get separated. Suddenly nervous to be walking into somewhere so nice, fearing that they'll take one look at her and toss her back out onto the street. "What's millionaire shortbread?"

Tentatively she approaches the case full of pastries, looking them all over and pointing to some cherry turnovers. "Maybe some of those?"
Love you to the moon and to Saturn
Passed down like folk songs, the love lasts so long
Mateo Taliesin
Botanist

Age: 23 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 17 - Int: 0
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3061
the earth has music for those who listen
"Mm, Torchline is almost always sunny," Mateo agrees with a nod. "Here we get lots of snow during Deepfrost. Have you ever built a snowman? You should come back when it gets cold if you haven't." He grins, letting his sleeve be snagged and glancing around just in time for her to offer him a vial of little pumpkin seeds. With blue eyes growing wide, he offers her a delighted grin and accepts the gift with a nod of gratitude. "Thank you! I'll let you know how it goes. When you next visit you can come and see how they are doing," he suggests.

But back to cake. "Millionaire's shortbread is like... it's like shortbread, but with caramel and chocolate spread on top. We should get some of that as well." He has none of her nerves, clearly, Mateo trotting up to the counter and striking up cheerful conversation with the baker. "So we were getting some cherry turnovers, some millionaire's shortbread and a slice of strawberry cake?" He checks with Paige.
Paige Berkley

Age: 22 | Height: 5' 3" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Paige

"It is. During Longheat I sometimes get a sunburn if I'm not careful." Paige agrees with a soft hum, returning his grin with one of her own when he invites her to come back. To visit again. To see him again. "I haven't built a snowman before. You think we could build one together?" She asks, a tinge of hope to her voice, not thinking that perhaps he might not want to see her again. She did knock him over after all. Except she thinks that the offer of the Vampire Gourd seeds does a lot to smooth things over because he suddenly seems a whole lot more excited. "Yeah, okay. Maybe the one you grow will be able to be kept as a companion or something. I know one girl who has one."

She didn't know her name, but she'd seen her around the Halenani before and around Torchline in general. Except there is cake to be had and shortbread and pastries. "That sounds really good." Paige chrips, hanging on tightly to his sleeve as they approach the counter, stomach fluttering nervously. Mateo speaks to the baker like they're old friends and Paige wonders for a moment how they're going to pay. "Mhmmm! We can share the cake?"
Mateo Taliesin
Botanist

Age: 23 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 17 - Int: 0
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3061
the earth has music for those who listen
"Mmm? Sure we can - there's more than enough snow, especially in the Celestine." Mateo nods, cheerful enough in his agreement as he tucks the vial of seeds into his pocket. "A companion? That sounds like a lot of fun, yeah. Maybe I can get one of them to be tame." Were they not in a bakery, he might have lost himself in the possibilities and the plans to cultivate his new crops. Alas, there is cake to enjoy.

"Uh huh, that sounds good to me! We can drop the turnovers at the shop doorstep when we're done here," he suggests, smiling down at her. As for how he is about to pay, it appears that his parents have already taken care of that, because the pastries and cakes are handed over with little more than a smile and a have a good day from the baker.

"Okay, I think we're good!" Mateo chirps, leading them back out of the shop.
Paige Berkley

Change author:
Paige

Paige didn't know if it was possible to tame one, but she figured it had to be if Melita was able to do it then it must be! The girl nods in agreement, smiling up at him as she leans against the counter as he orders for them. It seems that the boy has connections here too and they're handed their baked goods without a second glance. "Thank you for this. It was really nice of you to share." Paige offers softly, helping by carrying the turnovers, skipping along with him as they exit the shop.

They make plans for snowmen building and pumpkin growing over the various treats they acquired together. Paige thinks that maybe Stormbreak isn't so bad. Especially with someone like Mateo here to keep her company.

~FIN <3~