Training we all need a little bit more
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
dont know where the lights are taking us
but something in the night is dangerous
It’s good that he’s learned by now that he can’t really hurt her with a single arrow. Even ‘hurt’ is a generous term, given that neither of them can feel pain. Still, she wiggles her outstretched fingers in an encouraging way (teasing, really, because in some ways Nikolai is starting to feel like a little brother) until he nocks the arrow and takes aim.

Then the demigod grows still, focus taking over her body as she narrows in on the weapon and tries to still everything else in her head. That’s the hardest part, isn’t it?

When Nikolai shoots at her, he’s smart enough to aim for an area that’s more difficult for her to catch - anything below her hips. So she does end up moving, a quick yoink of her legs together to make the arrow go just outside her legs. “Again!” she calls, stepping back into her original position, to see if the boy could continue to place it near her.
Nikolai Moriya
Scholar /Bookseller

Age: 28 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 16 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
Nikolai
We are only haunted by the things we refuse to accept
-Bridgett Devoue
The tease turns the small twitch in Nikolai's lips to a small smile. The younger Ascended perks up at the success, determination and eagerness fueling him. As Wessex calls out for a repeat, Nikolai tries to replicate what he did previously. Once more he aims for her legs, this time focusing on her shin. He gets the feeling that if he aimed for her knees again, she's predict it and catch the arrow.

Nikolai is thoroughly enjoying himself at this point. The bow is proving more fun and challenging then he expected, and Wessex's teasing mood is contagious. He finds himself baring his teeth in a playful snarl, "Will do", as he knocks the next arrow and lets it fly. Hopefully it will hit it's mark and make the Demi-god move.
Resilience is born even when we feel like we are dying
-Alex Elle
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Glad that he’s up for the challenge, Wessex continues to grin at him from afar as she re-sets. This time, she gives a little dancing side-to-side hip action while she waits - but when he pulls back, she suddenly becomes all business again, suddenly reminding herself that she had given herself a small goal, too. What would she do in Nikolai’s place? Honestly, she’s not sure and she doesn’t have much time to contemplate it as the twang of the bow’s string sounds and then it’s almost too late to -

Almost.

And she almost catches it. Her hand is at least moving this time, reaching for it, but it flies between her legs. She ends up bent over, looking behind her and at the fletched end stuck in the ground.
Nikolai Moriya
Scholar /Bookseller

Age: 28 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Nikolai
-Bridgett Devoue
Nikolai's jaw drops as a wide grin stretches across his face. Wessex didn't catch the arrow. She hadn't really moved either, but it was still a partial victory. Enough to be proud of. Bow falling to his side, his other hand gives a fist-pump in victory. "Yes!" The action may have been accompanied by a small hop of excitement. Maybe. Coming back to himself, a flush becomes apparent as Nikolai scrambles for his composure.

"I mean. I... uh did it. How was that? My form and yah..?" Totally a picture of professionalism and asking for critique. He's not overexcited and brimming with pride a the moment, not at all. Giving a small, unnecessary cough, "So what's next?"
-Alex Elle
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Change author:
The jubilant Yes! brings Wessex back up again, chuckling at the kid’s obvious excitement. “Not half bad,” she says with a fanged grin, turning to go and retrieve the various arrows. “Well, all the arrows actually flew and no one was hurt and you even put some close to where they needed to be. For your first time? Fucking awesome. If they were closer together (or even closer, period), she might have ruffled his hair there.

“Keep at it and you’ll be shooting at things that move in no time.” Pausing for a moment, her head tilts slightly in one direction as she thinks - and then nods, confirming to herself. “In fact, I think I have an extra bow, if you want it. Come find me tomorrow, I just have to remember where it is…”

As for what's next - she doesn't answer. Only Nikolai can determine what's next for him considering how much time has gone by.
Nikolai Moriya
Scholar /Bookseller

Change author:
Nikolai
-Bridgett Devoue
Nikolai gives up on composure and returns Wessex's grin. And then she compliments his work and he flushes horribly. "Awesome?!?" The word comes out a near squeak. "Oh...that...that's only because you're a good teacher." He half mumbles, half panics. Awesome? He'd done an awesome job? Wessex really thought that?

The offer of a bow manages to pull his attention back to the present and postpone his panic. "Really? I'd love that." After a pause, he remembers his manners. "Thank you. For the help and for the bow." Nikolai pauses as he eyes the setting moon, "Oh fuck. I better get home. Thank you!" He waves over his shoulder as he quickly races the rising sun, making it home just in time.

-{FIN}
-Alex Elle