If I didn’t love you, I’d be dead by now
Phoebe
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 3 - Strg: 38 - Dext: 38 - Endr: 54 - Luck: 40 - Int:
Played by: Brit Online
Change author:
MP: 9667
Hotaru

Phoebe may be younger, but Hotaru folds pathetically into her embrace, soaking up the comfort that is being offered so freely. Until she'd found the midwife, she was certain she'd lost everyone. That Deimos had decided to cut ties with the way he'd left in the wake of their encounter with Remi. That Remi had forsaken her entirely. Who else did she even have, beyond that? She has been keenly aware of how few people she has to rely on, and because of it she sinks into Phoebe's hug like a little girl hiding in her mother's arms.

With clarity restored, there is a moment where maternal protectiveness rears its head, balking at the idea of being kept from her children for even a moment longer. Hotaru grits her teeth and breathes through the urge. It makes sense. She knows it does, and even she wants to ensure this clarity remains longterm. No matter what, the safety of her children comes first, and it's what has her nodding.

"Okay. I understand. I don't...I don't want to go back to them without being sure." At least she would have company outside of the confines of her mind which was eager to tear itself apart. Straightening slightly, she leans her head on Phoebe's shoulder, and slumps bonelessly against the midwife. Golden hair melding into one. Huddled together as they are, they could practically be sisters. "Thank you," she whispers, and reaches to hold Phoebe's hand. They sit there like that for a time, until Hotaru feels she can stand.

Just a little longer.

- FIN
I'm ready to hope, swing me out of the low
Wide awake in the glow, I can't do it alone
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.