colourtura
Everest Hart
Aviator

Age: 22 | Height: 5'11" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 6 - Strg: 27 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 5 - Int: 0
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
Everest
His mother's birthday was coming up, and as a gift for her, Ever and his father were going to play her a duet. Only...that meant he couldn't exactly practice at home. So, telling his mother he was going to go study with Mateo, Ever stealthily (Tobi absolutely noticed him, the boy was not stealthy for shit) grabbed his guitar and escaped out into the plaza. Settling beneath a tree that provided ample shade (he didn't want to burn of course), Ever pulled out the music that Finn had written and studied his part with diligent blue eyes before flicking open his case and plopping his guitar into his lap.

The instrument was too big for him and his hands were still too small to really be able to master it, but he'd developed callouses enough that he could play for almost an hour now without getting sore. And, despite everything Finn had told him about how good he was getting, Ever knew that when it came to his mother, she'd adore anything that they did.

Not unlike Finn (or perhaps precisely because of Finn), once Ever started to play he lost himself entirely in his music. His fingers were clunky and the chords didn't always come out quite right as keeping all the strings depressed was difficult, but there was something childishly sweet about the melody he coaxed from the guitar just the same.
the words you speak
become the house you live in
Paige Berkley

Age: 22 | Height: 5' 3" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 2 - Strg: 14 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 14 - Luck: 9 - Int: 0
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
see what you find there with grace in your heart and flowers in your hair
Music isn't anything new. There is music every night at the Halenani and you can hear it all through out Torchline just as you can hear the waves from the beach. However, there is something different about this music. Paige is getting up to trouble as per usual, the girl unable to keep herself from it even when she tries, but this time she isn't being chased down by a shopkeeper when she comes across another boy that she's never seen before. A boy who is the source of the music that drew her this direction in the first place.

She comes to a stop before him, awe sparkling in her eyes as she plays, finding herself swaying a bit despite herself. Only when he reaches a natural stopping point does she speak up, "That was really good. I bet if you put out a hat or something, people would give you tips." Paige chirps, offering him a bright smile, clasping her hands behind her back as she rocks on the balls of her feet.
Paige
Everest Hart
Aviator

Age: 22 | Height: 5'11" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
Everest
As Paige nears, even though her shadow stretches across his face and the instrument in his lap, Ever doesn't look up. His head is vaguely swaying back and forth, and though he's blinking, his eyes aren't really seeing anything at all. Perhaps that explains why he nearly jumps out of his skin as Paige addresses him; looking up with wide-blue eyes that seem shocked to see someone there, Ever glances around from left to right, as if unsure if she's speaking to him.

"Oh..uhm.." Blinking hard, he considers. "Tips about what?" He liked facts and liked learning, and though he didn't understand what a hat or his music had to do with people giving him tips about things, he was intrigued just the same.
the words you speak
Paige Berkley

Age: 22 | Height: 5' 3" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Her hand flies up to stifle her giggle when he jumps, jerking so hard that his curls bounce with it, but she just barely manages to keep it together. Still smiling, her hand drops and she wrinkles her nose at him, clearly finding this whole thing amusing. "You know... Shiny things. Trading for your music." The girl explains with a shrug of her shoulders, pausing for a moment as she considers that he might not know what she means at all.

That's kind of weird. People preformed in the streets all the time in Torchline. Maybe that wasn't common here? "Where'd you learn to play so well?" Paige asks as she draws closer, head tilting to the side curiously as she examines the boy.
Paige
Everest Hart
Aviator

Change author:
Everest
'Tips aren't shiny?' The boy murmurs to himself, confused about what the girl finds so funny as much as he is about how tips (read: information) could have a texture like shiny. "Well I wouldn't trade for my music anyways." Ever mumbles, hugging his guiter to his chest as if it might protect him from all he doesn't understand. "It's for my mom, so.."

Twitching his lips slightly, Ever gives a boyish shrug. "From my dad. He's really really good." The boy explains, trying to meet Paige's gaze (because that was the polite thing to do) but finding it much too difficult. Eye contact was hard. "Like I said, it's my mom's birthday soon so we're going to play her a song." Ever tries to further explain, feeling the need to start babbling and doing his best to swallow it back.
the words you speak
Paige Berkley

Change author:
Her mirth dissipates and instead she offers him a small smile, shaking her head, ”No, no… Okay, so, in Torchline sometimes people will play music on the streets and stuff. They put out a hat that people can put shiny things in to trade for a song. If you had a hat, I would give you a marble and then you would play. Get it?” She explains, perhaps giving him a bit too much information in the process, but she was only trying to help. Who wouldn’t like to know how to get shiny things? Then you could trade them for other things like pastries or toys! It seemed like an important thing to know in her opinion.

Paige is undeterred by his awkwardness, beginning to try to balance on one foot inside of a particular cobblestone as he spoke, lips pursing thoughtfully. ”That sounds really nice. When it was my momma’s birthday I made her a picture out of colorful pebbles.” She glances over at him, switching to the other foot easily, balancing on that one next. ”I bet your momma will like your song, though.”
Paige
Everest Hart
Aviator

Change author:
Everest
As she begins by saying no, Ever's forehead creases with concern and worry both. He doesn't like misunderstandings, and though he seems to find himself in them quite often, still it brings with it a sense of dread. "Ohh..." He says, nodding as if he does get it (he doesn't). But the girl is pretty and polite and both of those things have the effect of utterly tying Ever's already fairly tangled tongue.

His blue eyes lower to her foot where her ankle wobbles about in order to maintain her balance. In his mind, he imagines a ball in a socket and instantly he's concerned about how easily a slight miscalculation would snap her bones in two. Watching with awe as she switches feet, Ever's mouth drops open slightly and for a moment he's simply too amazed by this act of balance and elegance to comprehend what she's said.

Flushing furiously at the conversational pause his distractedness has caused, Ever blinks up rapidly. "Oh, that sounds really nice. Is that something people in Torchline do as well?" He wonders with a too-keen smile. 'And I think she will too. She likes that kind of stuff, but I think moms always like that kind of stuff." Ever adds with a small shrug.

"I'm Everest. Everest Hart."
the words you speak
Paige Berkley

Change author:
His forehead creases and Paige worries for the span of a breath the she's confused him or maybe said way too much. He doesn't really seem to get it, but Paige lets it go. There are other things to be concerned with. Such as maintaining her balance and talk about gifts given to mothers with great care. The boy seems rather amazed at her act of balance and she can't help as her smile brightens, blue eyes glinting as she looks back at him, maintaining her balance for a few seconds longer before finding both of her feet on the ground once more.

Paige spots the flush on his cheeks and giggles softly, lifting her hand to cover her mouth, stifling the sound of delight. He was nice. A little shy and awkward, but sweet. Paige likes him, she decides. Despite the fact that she doesn't really know him. "Uh, I don't know really, but it's what I like to do. My momma took me to this place called the Rainbow Road. That's where I collect the pebbles from. The water changes colors there." She shares this knowledge easily, thinking he might like to know such things, if only because it's interesting. Maybe she wants to impress him a little bit too.

Her smile grows and she nods in agreement, "I think it's a rule. What momma doesn't like gifts from their kids?" She muses, bouncing on the balls of her feet, unable to stay still for even a moment. "That's a nice name. Mine is Paige. Paige Berkley." Paige gives him a little curtsey, seeming to have real manners for one of the first times in her life.
Paige
Everest Hart
Aviator

Change author:
Everest
Rainbow road, Ever mouths as the girl says it, thinking that it must be some sort of magical and marvellous place filled with water and light to have received such a name. "It changes colours?" Ever asks, suddenly sounding concerned. "Are there chemicals? Is it harmful?" Blinking up at her, he looks very worried indeed.

Committing the name to memory—Paige is like page. Pages of a book. A book that's covered in rainbows because of the rainbow road. With blue writing, because her eyes are blue.—Ever watches the curtsey with a look of admiration and bashfulness. "Sorry I would have bowed, but—" He indicates the guitar in his lap as his cheeks flush again.

"So..where...is your mom then?"
the words you speak
Paige Berkley

Change author:
Paige shakes her head quickly, trying her best to soothe his worries over such a thing, "No! It isn't harmful. It's never hurt me. Well, except that one time that I fell and scraped my knee. That wasn't the road's fault though." She babbles a bit, pursing her lips in thought, head cocking to the side as she looks down at where the boy is still sitting. "Momma says it's the magic of the gods that make it change. Frey has a shrine there." Paige supplies, thinking he probably likes the gods too given that he lives in Stormbreak. Doesn't everyone here like the old gods? Paige is pretty sure they do.

Her smile is still bright even as he apologizes, "It's okay! I like your guitar. It's really nice. Can I, uhm, can I touch it?" Where had all these manners suddenly come from? Somewhere in her mind she knew that she could be too much for someone like Everest and she really didn't want to scare him off.

"Oh, my momma is running some errands for my Auntie! Where is yours?"
Paige