highlight of my lowlife
Locke Moore
Mercenary

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 26 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 26 - Luck: 15 - Int:
Played by: Zombeikid Offline
Change author:
MP: 630
LOCKE

He simply listens, too focused on the wiggle worm baby to really think of anything. He occasionally hums in agreement. He understands why she's so keen on this, he really does. Names are not something to be taken lightly and he likes all of the ones she's chosen. Neither of go by their given names so maybe they can give their child something better. He won't mind either way, if the baby decides it wants another name some day. As long as their happy and healthy.

"M'excited too." In the long run, this is all he's ever wanted. A family, to be loved. It was supposed to be with Maeve and he's got that half right at least. Maybe one day, they'll fall back together. He leans his head on the back of her's, ignoring the feelings he's feeling. Eventually he'll get over them. Or get his shit figured out. Just depends on what happens first.

Maeve speaks again, about Safrin this time and he hums softly. She's quite close with the goddess it seems. For a moment he wonders if he'll be like that with Frey but he's not sure. He hopes though. Her question gets a laugh and he just kind of shrugs. "Could.. Take somethin' from me. Told you I've got.. You know." It's said quietly, as if to not ruin the mood. The hands pressed against her belly have done horrible things and yet.. "If you want." He'd understand if she didn't. If she wanted to leave. If she didn't want him involved.

He'd understand.
I'm motivated by the lack of doubt
I'm consecrated but I'm not devout
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
"What a shame she's fucked in the head," they said.
It's what she needs. To be heard. He gives her this without thinking anything of it. Maeve gives him her reasoning and musings, relaxing into his embrace because it's simply second nature to do so even if they aren't together. Not because they don't want to be together. That's not it and she understands now. He wants her. He wants her more than anything. He wants her and their baby and their life together, but it would hurt her too much right now. It would hurt them.

It was hard to see clearly before, but it's all in focus now. It's so clear it might as well be crystal. This realization hurts too. That they can't have what they so desperately want because it would kill them in the process, seeping like poison through their veins until it stopped their hearts dead. He nuzzles against her and all those thoughts leave. Instead she's simply on the beach with a man she loves, talking about the little life they've made together, their own little star made from pieces of them both. Absolutely perfect.

Her thoughts shift to Safrin and her quest. The details of it easily given to him along with the confusion on just goes to go about getting something from a murderer. His laugh catches her off guard, but not as much as his quiet offer. Maeve doesn't turn to face him, not wanting to scare him off, but one of her hands moves to cover his. "A bit of your hair.." She says by way of response before drawing on a breath, "I know you aren't proud of what you did, but maybe this makes up for it... Because of those choices you can now give a part of yourself to keep them safe. That means something, right?"
Maeve
Locke Moore
Mercenary

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
LOCKE

She's always been too accepting of him and some part of him aches to throw her off, to berate her for not hating him. But her hands cover his and he has no choice but to give in. Locke huffs softly, "Yeah. Sure. If you think it will help." He shifts, untangling their hands and pulling out the small dagger he keeps with him.

He drops it into the sand next to him before pulling away from her. He's not sure why but touching her while he does this feels kind of wrong in some way. And maybe he just needs to stop touching her in general. He bends down, picking up the dagger, a pause and he ties off a bit of his hair. He needs a cut anyway, right? Locke cuts just below the tie and holds it out to her. 'Thought about givin' you a whisker but figured this would work better." Is his hair uneven now? Sure. But it's fine. He doesn't have anyone to impress.
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Maeve knows there are things she should be worried about. Things that she shouldn't accept, but it's Locke. Her Locke. No one in this world was free of sin. No one. Cheaters, liars, killers... All of them had something to hide. Things they weren't proud of. Maeve doesn't hate him. She never could. She loves him too fucking much. He feels her tense slightly behind her, but he doesn't push her away. He straightens up, drawing his dagger and cutting a strand free. "Thank you." Maeve says softly, taking the lock of hair and wrapping it in a handkerchief before tucking it away.

She sighs softly, brushing his hair back from his eyes, thumb pressing along his jaw before she draws back from him completely. "We should probably get back... I should at least." Maeve murmurs, attempting to push herself up onto her feet, wincing slightly at the strain on her back as she braces a hand on her belly.
Maeve
Locke Moore
Mercenary

Change author:
LOCKE

The gentle brush of her thumb across his jaw is almost enough to crumble him. He's tried so hard to make her hate him and yet he continues to fail. Maybe that's really all he's good at, failing. The corner of his mouth quirks up as he leans into her embrace until she pulls away. They're very bad at denying themselves the things they want. Maybe they're both a little greedy, a little gluttonous.

But then she's trying to stand so he helps her up, leaning down so she can brace against him. "Hey, careful. Don't hurt yerself." He catches her misstep and frowns but brushes it off quickly. No use in lingering on it any longer than he has to, right? "Yeah, suppose so. It's getting late." He has no want to go home but he'll walk her back to the Halenani at least. Pretend to be a good boy and go to his apartment. Likely he'll just come back here, sleep on the beach.
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve smiles softly, shaking her head at him, "You worry too much. I'm fine." She murmurs, taking his arm and looping hers through his, allowing him to support her as they slowly make their way across the sand together. The weight that weighed so heavily around her heart has lightened enough that she doesn't feel as if her soul is being crushed. It's a start. One that she will accept for the time being. Perhaps, should she have known what the future held, she wouldn't have been so willing to let things be as they are, but for now she's content.

With one final kiss to his lips, something chaste and brief and only enough to send a phantom sensation through her, Maeve leaves him for the night. "Goodnight, Locke. I love you." And she does. She always will. He deserves to know that. Even if he isn't hers.

~FIN <3~
Maeve