(SE) some beach, somewhere
For Johnny
Locke Moore
Mercenary

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 26 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 26 - Luck: 15 - Int:
Played by: Zombeikid Offline
Change author:
MP: 630
LOCKE

Sometimes you're having a rough day and you need a little pick-me-up and booze just won't do. So you go to the next best thing. Candy. Or, rather, candy floss. Locke's not sure what kind of devil magic has enchanted this specific thing of candy floss but it hasn't melted in the humidity so he'll take it. He takes a bite of it as he strolls down the sand bar, lost in his thoughts. The tide isn't even really out and his legs are soaked but he'll be fine, right? Nothing like wet pants and candy to brighten up your day, right?
I'ma do the things that I wanna do

I ain't got a thing to prove to you
Adventurer

Age: 32 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Mermaid | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 0 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 5 - Endr: 5 - Luck: 15 - Int:
Played by: Marina Offline
Change author:
MP: 20
Humans, Johnny thought distastefully, walking around like it's no big deal! For the record, it was the biggest of deals. Eventually he'd figure it out, eventually he'd grow legs and a mouth to breathe with. Because perhaps his mouth was just wrong, perhaps he needed a special human-mouth. The merman lazily swam along the bright teal waters of the Ahi Coast, his fins peeking from the surface of water. He dove down when there was a dip in depth, a webbed hand dragging along the soft, wet sand.

A seagull mindlessly bobbed, not too far from Locke. It watched the man eat his food, its yellow eyes greedy and wanting. Then the seagull shrieked, a claw reached up from the depths and pulled it under. The teal water grew red.

Johnny's head popped from the surface, his expression growing big and friendly when he saw the human. "HEY!" he called, snakily swimming up to the man. A trill rumbled in the back of the merman's throat, his eyes focused on the strange thing that the man was eating. Johnny lifted an arm, revealing a mostly-dead seagull. Blood dripped from his grasp, droplets of red mixing into the water only to dissipate from a small wave.

"Trade?"
Locke Moore
Mercenary

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
LOCKE

He doesn't even notice the poor bird until it's being yanked under the water. If he wasn't knee deep he wouldn't have cared so much but his legs are deep enough for something to bite. Except nothing does. Instead a merman pops out of the water and Locke freezes. He's seen them as a child but he hasn't seen them in a long time. He cringes as the dead bird is held up to him and he shakes his head instead. For a moment he thinks about telling the merman what will happen if the candy meets the water but decides against it.

"Uh. You can just.. Have it." Except when Johnny takes it, it would start to melt. Locke hopes the sudden change in texture is enough to give him time to run.
let me go on
like i blister in the sun
Adventurer

Age: 32 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Mermaid | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 0 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 5 - Endr: 5 - Luck: 15 - Int:
Played by: Marina Offline
Change author:
MP: 20
The merman's eyes lit up when Locke just decided to offer the whatever-it-was to him. So he got dinner and a cool human-snack? Truly, a beautiful day, a win-win by his standards. Her cheerfully trilled, reaching out for the snack with his free hand. But then it just... disappears. The merman stared at his hand, he turned his hand over, shock, disappointment, hurt. He felt all of those things! A small orb of light escaped his mouth and shot up into the sky.

The human was running away. Why was he running away? Johnny easily slid through the water, his tail snaking along and propelling him forward. He stopped in front of the human, his long, serpentine-like tail half curling around Locke. Johnny offered his hand, now empty and human-snack-less. "Excuse me," his voice was still friendly, his eyes wide and curious, "Your human snack is gone. I don't understand. I'd like a new one, please." Again, he offered the seagull, "We can still trade. Seagulls are very tasty merfolk food."
Locke Moore
Mercenary

Change author:
LOCKE

Do.. Do mermaids normally do that light thing? That's.. Weird! He also didn't manage to get away, the slippery slime coat of the merman making him tense up as it slides across his legs. Locke licks his lips as he looks down at the merman, head tilting a little to one side. "Well, you see. Can't really do that. I don't got another or anything else to eat really. If you let me go, can go get you something though." Is he lying? For once, no. He'd like to be able to swim without fear of the merfolk eating his toes, or whatever they do.

"What do you guys even eat?" Besides.. Sailors and seagulls, of course.
let me go on
like i blister in the sun