{se} a variety of views
for Nate
Juniper Dubois
the Amberwing
Diplomat

Age: 57 | Height: 4'8 | Race: Fae | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 3 - Strg: 13 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 12 - Luck: 15 - Int:
Played by: Bees Offline
Change author:
MP: 1749

Juniper grimaces as Nate asks hard questions, though the expression isn't directed at Nate -- holds considerable sympathy for him, in fact -- but at the unpleasant truths the questions demand. First they came for the Ascended, and I said nothing ...

"I don't know," she admits. "I don't know how to change the gods ... but I would if I could."

Her shoulders hunch at Nate's raised voice, but not in fear of him; rather, it's shame that makes her want to hide. "I would say no, but ... I tried to say no already, and it didn't make a difference. I don't know -- I would like to believe that the gods are good and wouldn't turn on anyone else, but ... Well, I have to admit that the idea of war has shaken my faith. I'm not fighting for the gods -- I just want to defend my home and people."

She hesitates, then adds quietly, "And if those defenses should prove unnecessary, well, I have no interest in sending the Fae beyond our borders to attack anyone."

But she knew how futile it was to suggest that the Greatwood could just stay out of the war, when the gods had determined otherwise. The Ascended couldn't afford to hand their enemies a free staging ground near the Hollowed Grounds. And with Remi and Ronin, two of the gods' greatest weapons, in the Greatwood ...
Juniper

"art nouveau winged fairy" by e³°°° is licensed with CC BY-SA 2.0. To view a copy of this license, visit here

Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 55 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 1
PEMOTA - Mythical - Starwhale (narwhal) RAMOTH - Mythical - Dragon (Biopulse)
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
- NATE -
don't you pray? don't you pray
to a cocaine jesus in a black four seater?
"It's the Gods who are putting your home and your people in danger. They don't care about you, they don't care about your people." He's angry again, all at once, at Juniper, at everything. It's not fair. "If it wasn't for Safrin being such a bitch all the time, I wouldn't think they cared about anything more than their own egos." And even then, who was to say how much of what she did was selfishness versus spite?

Nate rises to his feet again, and steps back from Juniper. His arms are stubbornly crossed over his chest, locked in place as he tries to be as non-threatening as he can. "Who put the Taliesins where they are? Who's keeping you from staying in the woods and not being involved? If they have to burn the whole fucking world to the ground to get rid of us, you know they will, don't you?" And how many of them would stand there happily while it burned? How many wouldn't even realize until it was too late?

He takes another step back, his unblinking gaze finally falling away from the fae to burn a hole in the ground instead. "You can say you're not fighting for the Gods all you want. You can say you don't agree with them. But at the end of the day, you're still doing everything they want."
got a man, don't need him, but you wait
call me when you want, or just call me when you need it
Juniper Dubois
the Amberwing
Diplomat

Age: 57 | Height: 4'8 | Race: Fae | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 3 - Strg: 13 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 12 - Luck: 15 - Int:
Played by: Bees Offline
Change author:
MP: 1749

"I know," Juniper said. She could meet Nate's fury only with sorrow; she made no attempt to argue back, to justify her position. Juniper knew that the gods were unfair, that her own deities were dragging her people into an unjust war.

But how did you fight the gods?

"I could abdicate in protest and go hide in the woods, I suppose," she said quietly, rather bitterly, though her bitterness was not aimed at Nate in the least. "But that seems rather cowardly. At least in my current position, I can exert some influence over events around me, offer some voice for peace. But it's not enough, and I know that. I just don't know what else to do."
Juniper

"art nouveau winged fairy" by e³°°° is licensed with CC BY-SA 2.0. To view a copy of this license, visit here

Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 55 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 1
PEMOTA - Mythical - Starwhale (narwhal) RAMOTH - Mythical - Dragon (Biopulse)
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
- NATE -
don't you pray? don't you pray
to a cocaine jesus in a black four seater?
It's so much harder when Juniper doesn't argue. Nate's anger needs to be stoked, needs fuel; without it, he blows himself out in an instant, and everything else has a chance to grow from the ashes. Terror and sorrow and grief all things he doesn't know how to hold, except to keep them buried deep within himself. He works his jaw, grinding his tongue between his teeth just to spare the sound.

"I don't think there's anything more anyone can really do." He speaks only when he's sure his voice won't crack under the words. The laugh that leaves him is just as bitter, but a fair bit softer than the fae's, like Nate doesn't even really mean to let it slip. He takes a step towards her, then pauses, sidestepping to maintain a wide space between them. "I don't think it matters what anyone does anymore. But, eyes shift back to Juniper, "I think trying still does." Nate nods to himself, then starts the long walk back home, trying to resist the urge to look suspiciously over his shoulder every other step.

Done <3 im sorry it took so long oTL
got a man, don't need him, but you wait
call me when you want, or just call me when you need it