I wish I may I wish I might
Mildew
Seren Taliesin

Age: 25 | Height: 5'7 in (170cm) | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 3 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 16 - Int:
UMBRA - Mythical - Dragon (fire breath)
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 1917
Not just a fighter, not just a dreamer
Amazing creator, relentless believer
In who I am and what I got inside
There were no towns or villages in the Feverlands. Only fools and crazy people tried to make the swamp and marshlands into a home. Those few who did it anyway held Seren's unwavering respect, and, she had to admit, no small amount of fear.

At least the house looked innocent enough. Small and rickety with the customary patches and vines, complete with wild gardens befitting of any fairy tale witch. And if ever she saw one, Mildew fit that description.

Still. The woman had seemed nice enough, and Seren was curious. So she hauled up her courage like a pair of oversized pants prone to slipping and approached the cottage. Knocked on the door – and nearly jumped out of her skin when something nudged against the back of her knees.

"Stop that!" she hissed down at the dragon, and was granted an affronted huff by Umbra. He had only meant to offer support. Curling around her legs, he bumped at the door with his nose, impatient to get inside so he could explore the many interesting smells going on within.
Seren
Starlight (Passive) | Starfilled night billow around her like a veil as she moves. It is more noticeable in daytime and when she make sudden movements.
Swamp Witch

Age: 517 | Height: 5'2" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 2 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 17 - Luck: 11 - Int:
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
MILDEW

Caught in the middle of a hundred and five
The door creaked open slowly, Mildew peering from the darkness until she was sure that whoever had come knocking was not a threat. She wasn't usually the paranoid type, but recently she'd come into more action and danger than she'd seen in centuries. Seeing that it was Seren, the young Demi-Goddess, she opened her door fully.

A surprise, to see someone she thought quite innocent and inexperienced all the way out here in the Wilds on her own, but Mildew had seen stranger things in her 5 centuries. With an easy smile, she nodded her head and glanced down to Umbra. "Seren. Is there something I can do for you, dear? I just made a pot of tea, if you'd like a cup." Stepping back and gesturing for her to come in, Mildew glanced over to her bubbling cauldron - whatever was in there certainly didn't smell like 'tea'.

"Is your father not here? What could you be doing wandering out all this way yourself?" She asked as she went to tend to the liquid, stirring it with a large wooden spoon.
The night was heavy and the air was alive
Seren Taliesin

Age: 25 | Height: 5'7 in (170cm) | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 3 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 16 - Int:
UMBRA - Mythical - Dragon (fire breath)
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 1917
Not just a fighter, not just a dreamer
Amazing creator, relentless believer
In who I am and what I got inside
Snapping to attention as the door creaked open, Seren granted Mildew with her most winning smile. Bright and warm, it masked the nervous butterflies that kept swarming in her gut.
"Thank you, tea would be lovely. I actually wanted a chance to talk to you. Since the meeting... ended the way it did."

Following the woman inside, with Umbra close on her heels, Seren looked around with keen interest. The mention of her father made her nose crinkle just a touch; "Dad is not here, no. I can take care of myself just fine." She had still not received a response to the letter she sent, and had no intention of seeking him out before she got one. Stubbornness was a streak that ran deep in her... even though the silence pained her more than she liked to pretend.

"You are Frey's demigod, right? Do you live alone out here?" The attempt to chance the subject was quite obvious, but she didn't care. The bubbling cauldron had drawn her interest, and she surreptitiously inched closer so she might have a peek at what was inside.
Seren
Starlight (Passive) | Starfilled night billow around her like a veil as she moves. It is more noticeable in daytime and when she make sudden movements.
Swamp Witch

Age: 517 | Height: 5'2" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 2 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 17 - Luck: 11 - Int:
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
MILDEW

Caught in the middle of a hundred and five
For a moment Mildew considered pretending the mixture in the cauldron was tea, just to see the little Demi Goddess' reaction when she tasted it, but she decided not to be so cruel. Setting down the spoon, she turned and took a pot of water off the stove, grabbing with another hand two cups and small, handmade bags of tea leaves and dried berries. Setting about making the drinks, she nodded along to Seren talking.

"No doubt. You made it here alive. That shows you at least have some sense." Pouring the water then leaning back as she let it stew, Mildew smiled at the question and looked out of her window.

"I don't live alone. There's all the creatures of the swamp to keep me company. The beetles, the birds, the fish...so many neighbours it's hard to keep track." Pushing her hair behind her ear, she glanced over to the Safrin child. "And yes, I serve Frey, though it has been so very long since I've seen them."
The night was heavy and the air was alive