I start spinning
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Age: 26 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 1 - Strg: 62 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 63 - Luck: 62 - Int:
FANGORN - Mythical - Vampire Gourd SILA - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 10254
Melita
I never had a chance to be soft
I was always bloody knuckles
Red stuck to her mind easily; gave shape to fires and flames and Crimson Cataracts, where the hues all pearled and curled into the shape of ichor and mystery. A nod flickered through her, a silent promise just as earnest as all the ones who’d taken weight in her heart. Little journeys nestled into forests or pools, for purpose beyond stretching her desecration and damnation into something; for family, for loved ones, who would no longer be so near.

But the restless emotions bubbled and foamed up again when Nate cradled her face, and the tears suddenly became unbidden things, softening, saddening, lungs wanting to burst, ribcage clawing for a sentiment she couldn’t define. That things would be all right? That the world would stop changing? That everything could slide back to how it used to be?

She knew better; gods she did. It didn’t stop and cease the hurt though. “He doesn’t want me there. That’s why I thought…I thought it would be better if I sent a letter.” A sniffle rioted through, and her voice strived not to shatter or break. “You’ll always have a home here too.” Even if they believed they had to escape it.
and shards of glass
I wanted people to be afraid of hurting me
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 55 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 1
PEMOTA - Mythical - Starwhale (narwhal) RAMOTH - Mythical - Dragon (Biopulse)
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
- NATE -
Got my own monster
Nobody but me
A long sigh leaves Nate, his brows furrowing. “I want you there Mel. You can be there just for me.” And that was all it took, decision made and finalized with the words said out loud. It’s a promise to her, even if he doesn’t say those words specifically.

I know I have a home with you Mel.” Nate laughs, and pulls her in close again so she doesn’t see the tears pooling at the creases of his own eyes. “Thats what family is, right?” The question is rhetorical, and heavy with the weight of his sincerity, his hope that she understands.

Nate holds her as long as he can, and yet not nearly long enough. He’s not crying anymore when he pulls away, and he doesn’t think Melita is either, leaky lids taped back in place. “You know what else family means, piccolape?” The new nickname rolls off his tongue easily, a warm smile blooming across Nate’s face.
I would never call him enemy
He's the bad god I need
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Age: 26 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Melita
Clarity burst over her in a singular second; finally understanding why Sunjata’s spurning of flesh and blood, and perhaps her own tempestuous lengths, hurt so very deeply. Her own father had done the same. Rejected, cast aside, glanced over and then deemed nothing.

An ugly snarl wrapped around her heart, but she let it bite away for another day. She wasn’t going to ruin this.

Closer and tighter, embraced and shielded by all the other incoming storms, some by their choices, some by nothing more than the aches and pains and laments of an ancient, archaic world coming back to fruition. She didn’t have an answer for him at first, just a nod, a reel of acceptance, trying to burrow herself inward or into his chest so she really didn’t have to see the light of day in that instant. His tears hurt too, and it all burned when it shouldn’t have at all. Okay, she wanted to say over and over again. It’ll be okay. This is okay. We’ll all be okay. Like acceptance. Like power over the moments.

Her brows furrowed, then arched, at the new nickname, giggling, then snorting a little. “What else does it mean?”
and shards of glass
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
- NATE -
Got my own monster
Nobody but me
There isn’t a lot Nate is really leaving behind in Torchline. Not a lot that he wishes he could bring with him. Melita makes up the lions share of his regrets, and if there was some way to avoid the whole mess, to keep every one together, he’d take it. Circumstances made this move necessary, sensible, but that doesn’t make it painless.

It doesn’t all have to be doom and gloom thought he can still snatch moments of warmth, of close teasing. “It means you’re gonna help me clean this place up.” A staticky arm reaches behind him, grabbing a broom the he offers out to Melita, his grin nothing short of completely amused. “I’ll treat you to dinner when we get finished, huh?
He's the bad god I need
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Change author:
Melita
She looked momentarily stunned as the broom was handed to her – eyes widening, jaw slackening, bewildered into some kind of confusion – just long enough to take the handle out of habit rather than truly yearning to clean. “Oh,” she muffled, blinking steadily. Then she snorted as everything else came back to her, a quick little sigh and ease of breath following the change of pace.

Her actions were rendered into sweeping, rather than anything else, action instead of sinking, action instead of brooding, action instead of seething. “Yeah, yeah,” and she waved her hand at him in a shooing motion, jokingly, amused, as if she didn’t believe him to hold up his end of the bargain. Something wanted to croak and lurch out of her, but she muffled it downwards. I hope we’re all going to be okay hovered in its midst, but unwilling to bring the mood further down, she simply swept a series of dust particles his way.
and shards of glass
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Change author:
- NATE -
Got my own monster
Nobody but me
Nate manages to keep a straight face for a handful of seconds, before all the seriousness breaks away into a genuine, warm smile. He’s done with the heartache for now. “Thats right!” A bright laugh leaves him as Melita accepts the broom, and starts to get to work. Nate watches for a moment, until he’s shooed away, another laugh sparking out of him.

Between two of them, work goes quickly, the guild building tidied up quickly. It feels like the end of an era, the closing of a chapter. For some reason, he hadn’t expected it to feel so melancholy. Nate locks the door behind them when they’re finished, then hands the key to Melita, pulling her into a one armed hug when he did. “Thanks for the help piccolape.” He murmurs, trying to not let his voice grow wet again. “Lets go get something to eat.” Skewers on the beach, while the watch the sun go down.

It sounds perfect.

Done~
He's the bad god I need