God Quest better the devil you know
Lucas Copperhead

Age: 38 | Height: 6'0 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 7 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
LUCI

Far from flinching back or feeling unnerved by the suddenly dark version of the young woman who sat opposite him, Lucas felt a sharp smile curling at the edges of his lips. "Fewer still realise how worth it the cost is," he remarked, drumming long fingers upon his knee before listening closely to her description of what she wanted. A mask... from some god or other. Whatever, he was confident he could grab it if it was with a mere mortal now.

"Done," he said smoothly. "Though I would hope you might share what you see outside that barrier, once you have the mask in your possession." He chuckled. "Before I hop to it, though... is there anything in particular about this Ludo that I should know?"

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Other
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:

The Voice considered, before nodding smoothly. "Once I have made suitable...alterations to it, of course. When you find it, I would not recommend putting it on. I believe it may be trapped."

The mention of Ludo made her pause again, her eyes blinking in perfectly time sequences. "I think you will find you understand many of its games. You are perhaps not so dissimilar...but it is very tricky and clever. I do not know if it will simply allow its mask to be taken from the hands of the man he gave it to. A man called Remi. But I trust you can be suitably persuasive in acquiring it if it comes to that."

Lucas Copperhead

Age: 38 | Height: 6'0 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
LUCI

"Put it on? And deny the world my beautiful face? Never." Lucas smirked, though he nodded to show that he understood what the goddess before him was saying. Better still that she was willing to offer so much by way of an explanation about this Ludo thing, as well as the man who had the mask in his possession. Remi. He had heard that name before, on the tongues of those in the Rathskeller downstairs. Quite the rumour mill, it was. That was good - it meant it shouldn't take too long for Lucas to track the pariah down.

If Lucas had been standing he would have gifted the Voice with a charming bow at the mere suggestion of his persuasive nature. "Leave it to me," he murmured. "And thank you, for responding to me. I trust this is the beginning of quite the fortuitous relationship."

Change author:

"This is why I chose you, fallen one. You make the right choices on your own." She said with a smile, not denying that she had fashioned one of her favourite faces for him.

"Indeed it is. What is a creator without her creations after all? Even those who arrived already assembled." She added with a small smile. Without moving at all, suddenly she was back perched upon the shrine, looking down at him with stormy and crackling eyes. "A pleasure delayer you have been in the past...but I trust you will not keep me waiting long for this gift?"

Lucas Copperhead

Change author:
LUCI

"There are those in my old world who would not agree with you," Lucas said with dark amusement lacing through his words. "I am beginning to enjoy this new world more and more." Already assembled, huh? Well, at least he hadn't been ginger or sickly when he arrived. That would have been unbearable. The Voice flickered away, up onto the shrine, and Lucas rose fluidly to his feet.

He did bow, then, low and respectful, before straightening up once more and linking his hands loosely behind his back. "I wouldn't dream of it," he purred. "Though I may need to lay the foundations somewhat. Patience is a virtue, so they say. Then again, I don't possess any virtues. You will have your mask, sooner rather than later."

Change author:

"We are above virtues and vices. But with your help, soon we will cease to be ascending and have fully ascended." She said, dainty lips curling into a smile as she nodded at him. The darkness made flesh suited him perfectly, and though he might not quite have been what he once was, she was sure that in this new place he could be so much more.

The world outside would not know what to do with Lucas when finally they got out.

But all things in time.

First, the mask.

Lucas Copperhead

Change author:
LUCI

First the mask, indeed. Lucas smirked up at the Voice, wisely choosing to remain silent on the subject of vices. He was not above them, as they both well knew, but everyone needed a little flavour in their lives, no? And besides, he had no intention of putting his earthly desires above that which had been asked of him.

Providing the Voice didn't stop him, Lucas would give her a quick, quiet nod, before turning on heel to walk away on silent feet. He bled into the darkness, a drop of ink in the night. He had a man to track down. A new friend to make, one might say.