Personal Quest [se] fire of the frost
Prepping for LN and shelter
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 72 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 73 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 9824
DEIMOS
ache first, but then let the cuts close
spit out the blood
Winter descended and cascaded; and while it wasn’t the residual layer upon layer, ice upon ice, fortitude of Halo, it was certainly enough to ensure the season was here. The crunch under his boots was welcome, a round of contentment in putting furs back on, in something that felt normal amidst everything else unsettled and misshapen.

He’d already made a sled by the time Noah and Cordelia came around to the fields, tucked against a woodline, away from undulating barrows, deep in its own hollow of the valley – unseen, untouched, quiet and hushed, perfected for those that simply didn’t want to be bothered while they schemed, reflected, and poised themselves for multitudes of machinations. There were several pieces of parchment in his hands, scrawl neat and refined as he’d worked out several possibilities of their sanctuaries, and preparations for LongNight, amidst what they wanted to store, and where.

His eyes turned to both, striving to affix somewhat of a smile along his mouth, as if there’d be some semblance of fun instead of refugee abyss. “I made a rough outline of shelters we may want, but let me know if you have some other ideas,” and here he passed them around, waiting for a decision to be made. Foremost, and what he thought might be most beneficial, were a series of cabins, lined with rocks on the outside, smooth, wooden floors, and snow moss, with little hearths either inside or out along the elements. Food storage could be frozen proportions, bent through his magic, with another range of parameters. “We can haul some wood out and get started on the floors today.” He waited for their input, before arranging everything for the sled.

--

1. Noah
2. Cordelia

Let’s go find and haul some wood!
watch your body pull itself back together
then let your soul do the same
Cordelia Olson
the One-Shot
Hunter

Age: 30 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 13 - Int:
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877

Their journey to find Deimos was a quiet one. Noah not seeming to be up for much talking after meeting with the queen of Torchline. Not that Cordelia blamed him given the circumstances. The Attuned didn't feel him pain. Not when he kept it so tightly closed off from her the times they travelled in their shifts, but she knew it was there. She hoped that the work would be a good distraction. That's what she was hoping for herself.

The smell of crisp fallen snow and sleepy earth made its way into her lungs, soothing her in a way that little else could and she sighed a breath of relief. "I can shift if we want to use the sled to haul more." Cordelia offered, adjusting her grip on the axe as she braced it against her shoulder, following both of them towards the tree line. "We also might want a smoke house. Something small for storing meat and fish." She suggested, umber eyes flicking between the two, gauging if they thought that a good idea before she focused on cutting through the first tree she got to.

Cordelia offers to shift into a Luxere so they can haul more wood and starts chopping down a tree with her axe.

Cordelia Limore

'Cause they got the cages, they got the boxes and guns
They are the hunters, we are the foxes and we run
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 9 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 47 - Endr: 46 - Luck: 47 - Int: 1
EIRA - Mythical - Griffin (Venom) VI’ADORE - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Time Offline
Change author:
MP: 1005
i will endure the night for the promise of light
Since laying Korbin's body to rest as best as he could without returning the raven to the home they loved, Noah had been closed off. He was exhausted from the overwhelming agony he felt within his chest. Everything that had transpired over the last season weighed on him -- he felt the weight of it at night when he couldn't sleep, felt it when he walked alongside Cordelia and couldn't find any words to use, felt it when the snow around him felt warm compared to the life he knew before.

But, for now, the agony was pushed aside in light of work. They needed to survive as they toiled for what they wanted to accomplish.

"Those plans look good." Noah said, trying to return Deimos' smile. It came without the normal wrinkle of his eyes, and a lack of light from blue depths. He followed the pair to the treeline, his own thought of shifting to be able to pull the sleigh running up as Cordelia voiced the same opinion. hmm he hummed in agreement to both of her ideas. "Smoked food would last a long time, but we might risk a higher run of predators with it." He worked away with them at chopping a tree, ready to use his bear strength to push it over if necessary.

[Noah helps chop at a tree ]

THE SENTINEL OF THE NORTH
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
DEIMOS
spit out the blood
Plans in place, and other ones rendered a possibility, they explored the treeline; Deimos contemplating the portions of a smoke house. If that would potentially draw more predators, the Sword wouldn’t find any issue in rendering them gone too – save for the moment where he wasn’t around. “I can always freeze some for you too,” and it’d stay that way, given the circumstances of the season. The options were laid out, and with a shrug of his shoulders, he dragged the sled behind him, nodding at their notions of shifts. It’d be far easier, especially with the heavy cargo they were about to gather.

For the most part, they were moderately successful. Deimos and Cordelia, combined with axes and power, made short work of some nearby trees, listening to the cascade as they fell successfully into the snow, and they could begin either chopping them up into smaller pieces, or the Sword could lift them by Air magic – utilizing his incantations and strengths in dual processes.

Noah, however, found far more than just a suitable tree.

A stocking snake, hiding in the branches, nestled amongst the snow – the wild, sudden smell of peppermint floating through the air perhaps his only warning, before it descended from the branches, coiling into a bundle of blended ivory and crimson at his feet. The tree felled, its home destroyed, the serpent hissed, unimpressed with the entire situation.

--

Help get your tree (either in parts or whole) into the sled.

Noah has found a stocking snake and it’s not happy!
Cordelia Olson
the One-Shot
Hunter

Age: 30 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:

While others might of had to worry about predators, Cordelia knew it wasn't exactly a threat for them. Not when all three were experienced hunters and two of them had predator shifts of their own to utilize. It was a thought for another time. Right now there were trees to cut down and shelters to build. She chops away at her tree, waiting to hear that familiar splintering and cracking that comes right before it falls, grinning as the sound fills the air before it lands upon the snowy ground with a thud.

She knows that she likely can't lift the felled tree on her own, but it doesn't stop her from attempting it anyway. Setting her axe down, Cordelia moves to lift the tree, getting it up onto her shoulder and hopefully onto the sleigh.

Delia attempts to lift her tree and put it into the back of the sleigh.

Cordelia Limore

Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
i will endure the night for the promise of light
Felling the tree was easy enough. The hunter was well practiced in chopping down trees and hauling them across the tundra to bring home for firewood. The last time he had been with a group of people gathering firewood, however, a tree had almost flattened Weaver. It must have been the memory of that day filling his mind and clouding his eyes that kept his attention off of the wildlife he dislodged from its home. The snake plopped at his feet, hissing its displeasure, and changing colors rapidly. Noah took a few steps back, deciding that ignoring the creature would be best. He wasn't sure if he could do anything to compel it away from him -- so far the only creatures he had ever compelled had been close to the ones he shared in his own soul. Frowning, and trying to avoid the snake, Noah moved his tree and drug it towards the sleigh that Deimos had prepared.

{Noah tries to avoid the snake and get his tree to the sleigh.}

THE SENTINEL OF THE NORTH
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
spit out the blood
Overall, the task took far longer than Deimos had hoped for. There were a few stumbles and bumbles here and there; logs rolling haphazardly, stocking snakes slithering out of the way (perhaps being ignored had been the best solution), and his Air incantations lifting, but then lilting off to the side. Eventually, they gathered them all together into the sleigh, but everyone would end up with labored, fatigued muscles by the end of it.

He kept his frustrations to a minimum, breathing in the calm distinction of his usual nonchalant composure, before rounding back to the other pair with the slightest of smiles. Almost as if he’d been plotting out the particulars. “Would you both like to shift to haul them?” None of his would quite benefit in this situation, save for perhaps the grizzly, and he’d unfolded the straps he’d contorted and created from within the sled. Besides, some of it was bemusing, tied with the season. Too bad he hadn’t made any bells to go along the sides.

And then, because the beast was always plotting, perhaps a flaw in some distinction too, he tilted his head, drew back into Attuned calculations and meanderings while he tied the trees together, ensuring they’d stay put in the imminent journey. I have been thinking, a warning in its own regard, do you think Isla and Bastien were aware Wessex went to attack Halo? And the implications layered within – extended to both of them. Had it been something sanctioned by the Hollowed Grounds itself? Something the Wraith and all her constituents conducted independently? And if so – why hadn’t she been given the same treatment Deimos had been given, like the evening he set Sunjata’s guild aflame?

--

The logs are on the sled with some difficulty, and they can haul them back (if Noah and Cordelia want to shift into deer forms, of course ;D).
Cordelia Olson
the One-Shot
Hunter

Change author:
Cordelia

She's getting better at picking up on his looks and she caught the faint hint of a smile that tugged on the corners of his mouth at the suggestion. Her own eyes narrow playfully, but she can only hold it for a moment before she grinned. "Getting into the spirit, are we?" Cordelia teased before shifting into her Luxere form with ease, shaking out her muscles as she breathed in deeply, tasting the scent of the air on her tongue. Cloven feet crunched across the snow and she positioned herself in front of the cart so he might hook her up to it along with Noah.

The question made her pause, shifting on her feet, I don't know. Do you think they would care about what she did given that she's the head of their forces? Cordelia didn't know enough one way or the other to really say, but a part of her was curious if the rulers of the Grounds would have any desire to control their attack dog.

Cordelia shifts into a Luxere to pull the sleigh!
Barefoot in the wildest winter

Catching my death
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Change author:
Noah
In the eye of the storm I make my stand
But I'm not waiting for the walls to close in
After cutting and hauling in his human strength, Noah was ready to utilize his shifts. At Deimos' ask, Noah moved to stand beside Cordelia and his body transformed to take on his first shift. He shook out his head and body, feeling suddenly safe and secure in a way that he did not feel before this. He took his place before the sleigh and waited for Deimos to hook him up. This was not Noah's first time hauling wood as a reindeer, and he was certain it wouldn't be his last.

The question from the warlord was something that Noah had not contemplated before, and it made him pause in the snow. Had he still been holding his human face, his eyebrows surely would have knit together and caused a massive wrinkled in his forehead. It should matter... he started, snorting and pawing at the ground, You lost your title for something that was done in another land. But these ascended, and Morgan as we know, are so bloodthirsty and caught up in their viscous, vile world...but this is a political move. The Hollowed Grounds attacked Halo's people, with Wessex as their representative.

{noah shifts and gets set up for deimos to hook them up to the sleigh and haul wood}

I just brace myself for winds to change their ways
In the eye of the storm I'm making my stand
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
spit out the blood
“I am always in the spirit.” A playful huff at Cordelia’s suggestion that he hadn’t been; knowing full well it was full of pretenses, and the self-deprecation immersed in his humor. He could be bound to mischief, if the world wasn’t eternally cracking around their feet. So they could snag and take at these little moments, as feeble and delicate the instances remained – and he stood back, waiting for the shifts to take place, before hooking both deer comrades up to the sled.

He listened to both respond on his pondering, brow furrowing, knotting and tying strands together, ensuring everything was placed accordingly. They should care. There are implications immersed in all those political layers. And if the Sword had lost his position over a single building, what would it hold for the Wraith after assaulting citizens of another world? There were all the other notions surrounding Wessex’s actions – from the Fae and the Mathair, to hordes in between. And she’d never, as far as he knew, been held accountable for any of them. We can at least send a letter. And figure out where the Overseers stood amidst all this.

But for the meantime, there were amusements and shelters to be had. Ensuring the straps would hold under the might of the reindeer, he advanced to sit along the logs; magic instilled with earthen incantations to hold them steady. “Ready when you are,” he announced, content to laugh away the moments.

--

Haul the wood to the shelter area!
Cordelia Olson
the One-Shot
Hunter

Change author:
Cordelia

He'll be able to feel her mirth along the Attuned bond and if she were in her human form there would be a giddy smile on her lips. She got him to joke! It was a little thing, but she was proud of that. She liked to think he was maybe warming up to her a bit in the time that they've spent together. Cordelia managed to keep still as he hooked up the harness to her and Noah, shifting from foot to foot before craning her neck slightly towards the Sentinel, giving him an ever so gentle nudge with her snout.

It should matter and I would hope they would do something, but given the track record of things I'm not sure they will. I don't know either of the leaders of the Grounds well enough to speak for what they would do. She offered, beginning to pull the sleigh back towards camp in time with Noah, focusing on keeping the short trek smooth.

Cordelia pulls the sleigh back to camp!
Barefoot in the wildest winter

Catching my death
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Change author:
Noah
In the eye of the storm I make my stand
But I'm not waiting for the walls to close in
All the joviality, even as slight as it is, is lost on the Sentinel. His mind is in no place to pick up on the light tones and jesting of the two others. Instead, it is only focused on the task ahead, and on the conversation regarding the Ascended demigoddess. The reindeer locked his jaw and pressed on, making sure to keep Cordelia with him, though he did push their pace.

Once back to camp, having made the trek from the woods to their cleared space in quiet contemplation, Noah shook out his body again. I think we should send a letter. I don't know how best it would be received, coming from Deimos or I, with our history and positions. But from a citizen of Halo, worried about her family and their safety after being attacked by the Hollowed Grounds general... Noah trailed off some, reindeer eyes falling gently on the luxere and waiting for her response.

{Noah pulls the sleigh to camp!}

I just brace myself for winds to change their ways
In the eye of the storm I'm making my stand
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
spit out the blood
Even if it was minor and minimal, the Sword wasn’t going to waste those small pockets of joviality and amusement. He kept it rallied around him as the reindeer moved, as he steadied the logs, as their massive strides made herculean efforts, passing and gliding over the snow with ease. The refrains weren’t going to be lost in the muddle of his plotting or scheming, permitting the ramparts of his strength, of his determination, to fire through all the Attuned bombardments. The world wasn’t going to break down around him today, and certainly not for any of the others in his party.

They made it safely back to camp, and once he launched off the sled, he gave them both firm pats on the head (obnoxiously so), before setting to work unhooking their shifted forms, and unloading their wares. The wood had barely rustled about, and even as they spoke in their measured calculations, he acted with smooth ease; as if talking and immersing in the folds of scheming was an everyday occurrence (probably because it was). Taking one log, and maneuvering it to their designated sanction, he started upon the proportions of the floor as they gathered their thoughts. I know Bastien well, even if they hadn’t talked in some time; they’d gotten along well even after Rexanna’s passing. If it weren’t for the artist, Deimos would never have considered making weapons for the Ascended at all. Whether or not this would matter now, after political strife and turmoil, would remain to be seen. Even if we send one and do not get our desired result, we will know where they stand.

--

Come help haul the logs down and we can get started on the floors!
Cordelia Olson
the One-Shot
Hunter

Change author:

Deimos gave her head a pat and whether it was obnoxious or not, she pushed her head into it, snorting softly in return. The other hunter fixed her with a look, airing a suggestion that made her pause, ears twitching as she shifted from hoof to hoof. Only when Deimos unhooked her from the harness did she shift back to her human form, slipping towards the back of the sleigh, climbing into it so she can help push logs out. "If you think it would be best for me to send it, I suppose I can. I don't know if they'll listen to me, but I can try." For her family. For Halo. For Deimos and Noah.

The young Attuned planted her hands against the back of the seat, digging her heels into the end of a log before pushing it out so the other men can carry them to begin laying down the floors.

Cordelia helps unload the logs from the back of the sleigh!

Cordelia Limore