Training A test of contrasts
For Morgan
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 26 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 48 - Luck: 40 - Int: 1
LILLY - Regular - Grey Wolf PAD - Regular - Grey Wolf
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 3215
Sah

Sah found himself once again going to the training grounds at the barracks. He was rather disappointed in his recently failed endeavor to retrieve mage glass and thought it'd be be better to deal with the frustration productively. As he arrived, the Abandoned quickly set up a few targets and then stepped back.

Sensing her bonded's intentions, Lilly made her way to the edge of the grounds and out of the line of fire. Once his pup was safe, Sah turned to the targets, a determined glint in his eye. Calling upon his magic, he paused in surprise. Lightning had always been his natural affinity. The element that remained with him when he'd arrived in Caido. Yet, as he felt it surge through him, Sah grinned widely.

For the first time since coming to this world, his lighting magic felt right again. It finally felt as strong as it was meant to. Not the weak sparks that he'd grown used to wielding in this body. The energy now felt wild. Powerful, lethal, and just as eager as the Abandoned himself. It felt how it should.

Grin turning nearly feral, Sah allowed his magic to release. Without any warning they sky darkened there was a loud rumble from above. A large burst of lighting struck the targets in front of him, lighting them aflame and tearing them apart. Within hardly a second or two, all of the targets were thoroughly destroyed.

"Finally." Sah had finally regained the first piece of what he'd lost upon coming to Caido and the Outlander felt almost giddy at the accomplishment. It didn't help that his bond with Lilly was being nearly overwhelmed with the wolf's pride and excitement.
My soul is in the sky
-William Shakespeare
Morgan Aristomache
the Glacier
Warden of Halo

Age: 42 | Height: 5' 9" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 6 - Strg: 23 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 22 - Luck: 14 - Int:
EUNIKE - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
MORGAN
With all of the politics and complications of a leadership position, Morgan's combat training had fallen somewhat by the wayside. Once, when she had only been the leader of a company of guards, she had spent each morning practicing her magic and fighting ability, honing her body and mind so that she could be sure she could take on any situation.

In the last years, it had become harder to find the time, but she was trying her best to step out onto the training grounds as often as she could. If nothing else, it was a good way to get out any tension that was building in her. As she arrived at the grounds, Morgan heard a loud crack of lightning, reverberating through the air with a static effect that lifted the hairs around her face.

It wasn't long before she saw the person responsible - her newest councilmember, Sah. With a faint smile on her face, seeing a chance to get to know him, Morgan entered into the Grounds fully. "Sah. I didn't know you had such abilities. Do you mind if I join you?"
There will come a time, you'll see
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 26 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Sah

Sah glanced up at the voice, his wild grin turning into a friendly smile. "Hello, Warden. And of course you can join me." Who was he to stop someone from training? That and practicing was always more fun when you had a partner. As the smoke fully cleared, Sah turned to Morgan, head tilted curiously. "Or do you prefer just Morgan?" He had a hunch it was the latter, but it didn't hurt to ask.

The comment about his magic made Sah's earlier grin come back, though a bit more subdued. He was still coming down from the pride and exhilaration of finally reaching one of his goals. "Actually. This was the first time that my lighting has been that powerful. I think my training is finally beginning to pay off." He paused, recalling something. "You're an Abandoned too, right?"

As the two Abandoned spoke, Lilly trotted over. Sitting beside her bonded, she gave Morgan a small yip and wag in greeting. A  new person to meet meant she had one more person she could ensnare as a friend.
My soul is in the sky
-William Shakespeare
Morgan Aristomache
the Glacier
Warden of Halo

Age: 42 | Height: 5' 9" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
MORGAN
"Morgan, Warden - I don't mind. Most call me Warden, but-" She shrugged, taking off her heavy cloak and letting it drop onto a bench, revealing her leather armour underneath. Morgan still had the necklace Deimos had made her around her neck, the benefits it provided far too beneficial to let pride take it from her; as she stepped into the arena she pressed it to activate the armour. "-Whichever you are most comfortable with."

She nodded and opened her mouth to reply when they were interrupted by a wolf approaching. For the smallest of seconds Morgan was alarmed, but it seemed Sah was comfortable with it's presence, and the friendly yip marked it out as a likely companion. "Oh. Hello." Morgan greeted, giving Lily a couple of obligatory head pats.

"As I was saying. I am Abandoned. It is only in the last few years I have begun to truly invest time in learning my magics - prior to that I relied on more direct physical combat." When she'd been the guard captain taking down common thieves and thugs, the hammer had been perfectly suitable. "How long have you been practicing?"
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
Sah

Sah's lips twitched slightly as Lilly made herself known. Satisfied with the Wardens' compliance, the wolf returned to romping through the snow. The Outlander shook his head fondly before focusing on the conversation as Morgan began to speak. It was a surprise to hear that she'd only recently begun to train her magic. That almost sounded like refusing to exercise both sides of your body to Sah. He couldn't comprehend it.

"Truly? Any particular reason why?" Surely there was a reason behind her choice. Refusing to properly train seemed to contradict the impression that the Warden had given him so far.  "What magics do you have?"

His own training was another matter, one that drew a sigh from Sah. "I've been training nonstop since I came to Caido, switching between physical and magical every other day. I was stronger in my original world and had mastery of my magic. Having to start from scratch has been frustrating. It's pushed me to do all that I can to rectify it.  

Sah eyed the still smoldering target with satisfaction. "I'm finally starting to get there." The Outlander hated being weak. Hated not being able to protect himself or his loved ones. Regaining his former strength was more than just a goal for Sah. In his eyes, it was the only option.
My soul is in the sky
-William Shakespeare
Morgan Aristomache
the Glacier
Warden of Halo

Change author:
MORGAN
Morgan could see Sah's surprise, and understand it: she'd probably find it odd from the outside too. "It's...complex, but...my father was not Abandoned, and I took most of my training and inspiration in my early life from him. He succeeded as the guard captain here for many years without magic and was very keen I should learn to defend myself without it too." Her father had been set in his ways and some might have thought close-minded, but she'd appreciated the regiment and discipline he had given her. She never had to depend on only her magic.

She'd heard of some people that had arrived from other worlds losing their powers, even if they had been hugely powerful before. "That must be frustrating. Admirable that you are picking it up again, though. I know some would simply give up." Not her, but she'd seen enough people throw in the towel on just about anything after one failed attempt.

At his confidence, she smiled and rolled her shoulders back. "Well. Would you like to practice with me? I'll let you have the first blow. No blood, we stop whenever either wants to." A gentle fight, for their first session; she didn't know Sah well enough to let a wound damage their relationship so early.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
Sah

Sah nodded, knowing full well the pressure that came from following in a parent's footsteps. "That's fair. Thought it's good that you're giving magic the time of day now. It's good to use everything at your disposal when it comes to keeping people safe." They'd need all of their strength to protect Halo in the coming days. And even if the Outlander wanted Halo to declare for the Old Gods, he'd rather see the people safe and happy. That was far more important.

Morgan's offer received a small smirk from Sah. "I'd love that." He did pause on the 'no blood' concept. Weren't most spars to first blood? If Morgan wanted to avoid that though, he would respect it.

Stepping back, Sah got into a fighting stance. "Magic and hand-to-hand? Does that sound good?" Assuming that Morgan agreed, Sah would make the first move. Calling his lighting, he directed a thin layer of it over his skin, a cackling armor. That in place, he struck, keeping some weight in his heels so that he could dodge as needed. Still not knowing Morgan's' skill, it was best to be cautions.

Going for a quick succession of a hook to her side and an elbow to her sternum, the Outlander attempted to land a lightning-charged hit.
My soul is in the sky
-William Shakespeare
Morgan Aristomache
the Glacier
Warden of Halo

Change author:
MORGAN
"Yes. Especially as the world grows more conflicted, and magic as well as the power of differing Gods enters the fray." Morgan was well aware she had likely made an enemy of some followers of Safrin and other Old Gods by denying Hotaru and Noah their takeover, but she could not allow herself to be frightened of their abilities. Until the end, she'd fight for the liberty of Halo above all else.

She'd chosen no blood because she was unsure of Sah's level of expertise and didn't want to unduly hurt him; Morgan had never seen him fight. She was pleased to see him stand back into a fighting stance and adopted the same, nodding at his suggestion of magic and fists. "Very well."

To judge his strength and ability, she let him have the first blow, not trying too hard to overcome it - she was pleasantly surprised (if momentarily pained) to learn that he knew how to land a hit. Hissing through her teeth at the impact, Morgan forced her arm to move out and grab his elbow, pushing it down and twisting to bend his arm uncomfortably. While doing this she would send up droplets of water in front of his face to turn into ice, hoping to distract him.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
Sah

Sah felt s jolt of surprise when Morgan let his hit land without much trouble. It seemed risky to test your opponent's strength in such a way. But the surprise gave the Warden the upper hand and she successfully twisted his elbow. The Outlander grit his teeth only to get a face full of ice. Knowing that it would melt in a moment and return his sight, Sah ignored it and continued blind.

Instead he focused on where Morgan was, estimating her location from where she was previously and from her grip on him. Judging where her solar plexus was, he harshly turned into the twist she held his elbow in. The intent was to turn and ram his electrified shoulder into her chest and knock the air from her lungs. He was careful not to let his own lighting near his face, lest it react with the water droplets still present.
My soul is in the sky
-William Shakespeare
Morgan Aristomache
the Glacier
Warden of Halo

Change author:
MORGAN
She was always pleased to have surprised her opponent, and Morgan liked to think that she did see at least a second of shock on Sah's face as she let the hit land then turned it to her advantage.

These things moved on quickly; soon they were into the next bout and she watched him carefully, preparing for what he might do next. Perhaps a swing towards her legs (they were close enough together that it would effectively trip her) or another body strike. She wasn't expecting him to twist and hit her with an electrified shoulder; Sah was surprisingly inventive.

Morgan instinctively moved back and let go at the right moment to negate the worst of the impact, but Sah's electricity did reach to her chest and send a jolt through her, which she bore with gritted teeth. Once the moment of the shock had passed she would try to step backwards and get away from him, to let herself have time to work on a new technique.

"You're good at using your magic creatively." She complimented, right before she jumped and built up a platform of ice underneath herself, lifting herself higher than Sah so she could kick out at him from a greater height.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
Sah

Sah grinned as he saw his lightning surge through Morgan, "Thanks." He was glad to be released from her grip, but he certainly was going to be sore tomorrow from that twisted elbow. The younger Abandoned raised a brow as the Warden created her own advantage with her ice platform. "Clever."

The one downside of such a trick was that it was highly visible, granting Sah more time to react. Though Morgan was efficient and he wasn't able to fully dodge, Sah was able to jump back and gain distance. The result was a highly weakened kick to his shoulder, but a hit nonetheless that forced him to take a step back. There's likely be a bruise tomorrow too.

Rolling his shoulder, Sah eyed Morgan contemplatively. "You're good as well. What's it like using water magic by the way?" He asked as he surge forward. This time he aimed lower, dropping in a sweep kick at the last second. An attempt to knock Morgan's legs out from under her.

It might be odd to ask about magic during a fight, but it {i]was[i} a spar and Sah was curious about the opposing magic. Lighting and magic were arguably opposites. Different magics had their own taste so to speak and he wandered what it was like to wield water.
My soul is in the sky
-William Shakespeare
Morgan Aristomache
the Glacier
Warden of Halo

Change author:
MORGAN
Sah's question was obviously meant to distract so Morgan waited for a moment before she answered, watching what he'd do - sure enough, he rushed forwards to try and kick her legs away. She jumped off the platform herself, not giving him the chance to make her stumble, though she didn't have time to launch a counter attack as she was making sure she had a safe landing.

"Much like any other magic, I imagine. I like controlling the water though. It's very versatile." To exemplify this, she began a swirl of water that wrapped around her, then at the top became ice, a hard ball above her head. "Solid or liquid, able to fill any space...it's been very useful. For instance..." Hey, they were training. Making sure not to toss it with too much force, Morgan sent the ball of ice flying towards Sah.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
Sah

Sah watches Morgan create the sphere with curiosity, "I see, though every magic feels different to me." His lighting felt like home, wild and free. His telekinesis more calculated and strategic. Steady and sure, grounding. Each had their uses, as diverse as their feel.  There were certainly numerous applications of water, to harm and to help. He'd wondered if water had a feel.

As the sphere was launched towards him, Sah attempted to throw it away with his telekinesis but the sphere proved too heavy. Instead it slammed into him with enough force to knock the wind from his lungs. Ouch.

Sah did manage to stay on his feet though and launched a surge of lighting towards the Warden as he caught his breath. "Lighting is rather volatile. It can easily do more damage then you intend it to." He sent another volley of energy at her, "And it doesn't have nearly as many possible uses as water."
My soul is in the sky
-William Shakespeare
Morgan Aristomache
the Glacier
Warden of Halo

Change author:
MORGAN
All Morgan could do was shrug. While all Abandoned had magic, each experienced it in their own way; she tended to find that her powers felt more like the carrier for whatever element she was controlling, rather than the element itself. Water or Earth or Air, it didn't matter, as long as she could make it move.

Her ice ball found it's mark. Impressed to see that he stayed on his feet, thinking that Sah was clearly stronger than she had first thought, Morgan wasn't really ready for the electricity, even as he pulled her same trick and cast it while speaking of it. With the water still on her skin it's potency was all the stronger and she stumbled back onto one knee, gritting her teeth and bracing herself with one hand on the ground as she recovered, the process taking a silent moment of determination.

"Perhaps not, but...it does hit rather hard." She admitted, shakily standing up and shaking her arms out. In an actual battle she might have forced herself up quicker, but in training she permitted herself the indulgence of a rest. Thinking, she used the weak Earth magic she possessed to cover her chest and arms in a thin layer of dirt - hardly pretty, but maybe... "Try it again."
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3