{SE} do you wanna build a snowman?
For Mateo <3
Paige Berkley

Age: 22 | Height: 5' 3" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 2 - Strg: 14 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 14 - Luck: 9 - Int: 0
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Paige

He does like to take notes and it occurs to her that she should maybe get him a new notebook seeing as he lost his other one. Paige smiles brightly at the news, "Are they growing then?" Maybe he would end up with a Vampire Gourd by next Leafchange. Wouldn't that be neat? Perhaps she could have one too. Paige rolls her eyes at him, "And you go to school and learn a lot of things." She points out, reminding him of that little detail. Sometimes she thinks she'd like to go to school with Mateo and Everest, but then she'd have to leave Torchline and her momma.

The thought is discarded and Mateo repeats what she said, earning him a nod and a shrug of her shoulders, "Well, that's where their shrine is. My momma follows Frey and I've prayed with her a few times. I dunno if Frey really makes the colors change, but I just like the thought of it." Of magic changing water that just exists because the gods willed it to. It was a nice thought. "Yeah, he probably would. Maybe I'll bring him some anyway."

She stands back to look their snowman over, lips pursing in consideration, "It should be a crooked smile!" Paige finally declares, bending to start digging through the snow again in search of stones for the mouth. She produces enough well after her gloves soak through and fingers go numb, teeth chattering as she offers them to him, "Here. That should be enough."
Love you to the moon and to Saturn
Passed down like folk songs, the love lasts so long
Mateo Taliesin
Botanist

Age: 23 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 17 - Int: 0
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3061
"Sort of growing," Mateo reasons with a small smile. "They're planted and watered and I'm keeping them warm, so the seeds might be peeping out under the soil. But they haven't shown their faces yet." That's his favourite part, honestly, when he scrambles into the shop to see new shoots and seedlings. Humming his agreement about school, though that's a bit of a difficult subject right now in general, he glances around to see Paige digging through the snow.

"Well, I bet Ever could figure out if Frey is the one who changes the colour of the water," he says, grinning. "With all his research and stuff." Peeking into her hands as she emerges with the stones, Mateo nods his satisfaction and accepts them. "They'll be perfect. A crooked smile, was it?" Turning, the boy moves to stick the stones into the snowman, making sure to create as lopsided a smile as he can.

"There! How does that look?"
Paige Berkley

Age: 22 | Height: 5' 3" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 2 - Strg: 14 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 14 - Luck: 9 - Int: 0
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Paige

This is absolutely wonderful news and Paige finds her excitement growing with the idea that soon Mateo might have successfully grown a vampire gourd. It would be pretty impressive. At least in her opinion and that’s all that really matters in this case. Paige flashes him a grin, ”You’ll have to let me know when they do. I’d love to see them.” She finds enough stones for the mouth, straightening up as she holds them out to him.

”He probably could. He seems really smart.” Paige reasons, head cocking to the side as he begins to place the stones in the shape of a crooked smile that matches the one that often finds itself on Mateo’s lips. ”Not too bad for my first one, huh?” She says as they stand back to take it in. It’s a bit smaller than the others surrounding it, but that’s alright by her.

The rest of the afternoon is spent warming up with hot chocolate and spiced cookies by the fire before Paige has to return to her mother for the evening. She can’t wait for the next time they see each other. Little does she know it’ll be a lot sooner than she realizes.

~FIN <3~
Love you to the moon and to Saturn
Passed down like folk songs, the love lasts so long