{SE} a few of my favorite things
Paige Berkley

Age: 22 | Height: 5' 3" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 2 - Strg: 14 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 14 - Luck: 9 - Int: 0
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Paige

Melita arched a brow, silently asking if she agreed and Paige obviously did! She was quick to nod, "I don't think so either. They're just people too and they can do good things." That's what she thought about it. Abandoned weren't bad and if they were just treated with kindness like everyone should be then they wouldn't be so hesitant. Not that Paige knew too much about that

Paige nodded at her words, smiling over at her with mischief in her eyes, "So many adventures! I want to be an explorer when I grow up." She told her brightly, working away on her bracelet, knowing she needed to be done with it today if she was going to take it with her to Stormbreak. The question gave Paige pause, head cocking to the side, brows knitting together until a little crease formed between them. "Talk to it, I guess. It's probably just sad and could use a friend."
Life was a willow and it bent right to your wind
They count me out time and time again
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Age: 26 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 57 - Dext: 58 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 57 - Int: 1
FANGORN - Mythical - Vampire Gourd SILA - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 9824
you must burn brighter than ever
With a swift nod, they could put the conversation about Abandoned behind them – mostly because all the other things she’d heard about Stormbreak seemed to lurch into a strange juxtaposition. Instead, she tended to her stones, until selecting a few of the smaller ones to start placing upon the spyglass. Fangorn fumbled in her bag, knowing she hadn’t grabbed it, and his vines snaked along the jar of resin she’d bartered for in the market, figuring it’d be sticky enough to ensure all the pieces stayed on once they’d dried.

“That sounds like a worthwhile venture,” and she hummed under her breath while she worked, placing carefully instead of her usual haphazard fashion. “Where else have you been?” Melita didn’t begrudge the youth – at her age, she’d been rapidly unfurled over Helovia’s lands, and soon to be tarnished into another. Her eyes only left her wares when Paige grew a little more silent, watching the contemplation take place.

Were memories like ghosts? Scattered amongst and amidst the clarity of days long since gone by? Some petulant, some content, some increasingly disheartening? “Well, I hope you find it then.” She paused, furrowing her brow, wondering if she should be encouraging the same sort of behavior that she’d strive for. “As long as you’re safe.”
Melita
Paige Berkley

Age: 22 | Height: 5' 3" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Paige

Paige cocked her head to the side, tongue sticking out between her lips as she worked, trying to recall all the places she'd been to. "I've been to the Wildwood and to King's End when we had that big party. I haven't been to a lot of places." There were still plenty of places for her to fully explore. Swamps, hanging trees, and mountains. So many places to go and so much time to do it in. Especially with company. She knew that Mateo was more than willing to go exploring. Maybe Everest could be persuaded too.

The encouragement is appreciated and Paige lets it bolster her. She will find it and she'll talk to it and then maybe it won't be so sad anymore. Her smile is bright as she tied the last knot on her bracelet, holding it up to examine it before turning it to Fangorn so he might see it too, "What do you think?" She asked, waiting for his answer before looking back to Melita, nodding.

"I'll be safe!" This was before she knew that she'd be running off to check out a sound without back up like a very silly person who was not being safe. Hopefully that turned out alright for her.
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Age: 26 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Melita smiled fondly at memories of the party – ridiculous and wonderful. And to be blessed such as Paige, with a whole wide world to see. “You will though,” and she winked. “There’s so many great ones.” With airs of mystery and awe, with delicate features, with grand spectacles. She ceased her modest musing for a moment to place another stone, gazing at it back and forth, then figuring on a different segment and scrapping the decision entirely. The resin was wiped away, and she began again, going for patience and diligence (not customary, in her experience).

Fangorn responded to Paige’s bracelet with his regular grumbling and growling, vines waving in the air. Maybe it meant the bangle was sufficient. Maybe it was just regular excitement. It was difficult to tell, and it made the honeybee snort inwardly. Her own gaze drifted over it, conducting another smile. “That’s lovely.” Her finger pressed against one of the stones on the rendered spyglass, and then she held it up for the younger girl to see. “I feel like it’s missing something.” A way of her own sentiments and ruminations into what do you think without the same echo.
Melita
Paige Berkley

Change author:
Paige

She absolutely will. She's already made the plans in her head. So many places to go and things to see. Paige would explore it all until there was nothing left to find. She lowered her bracelet at the sound of Fangorn's growled and grumbled, deciding that meant he liked it because what else would he be saying. Clearly that was the only option. Paige tucked it away into her bag after Melita took a look at it too. "I think he'll like it. I hope he will at least." Paige finally said, turning her attention to the spyglass that Melita was carefully working on, brows drawing together in consideration.

"It needs more red!" The young Attuned finally settled on, sorting through a few of he stones and picking some that fit the bill. She offered them to Melita, letting her have the final choice seeing as it was her gift to give.
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Change author:
Melita’s gaze drifted back and forth, from girl to spyglass, tilting her head, considering the wake of the youth’s opinions. “More red…,” was a murmur, then accepted with a nod. “Oh, thank you,” as Paige handed her some offerings, hands drifting over some deeper crimson, some dignified ruby, some burning, burning proportions that reminded her of ichor and blood.

“I think these will do,” as she handpicked and selected the one without the drifting of lifelines dying and fading. She worked quickly, efficiently, allowing the resin to do its work as she settled it back along the instrument. Once it’d dried, with all the stones back in place, she held it aloft for Paige to inspect again. “There – does that seem better?”
Melita
Paige Berkley

Change author:
Paige

Paige finished up her own work while Melita focused on her spyglass. It took her very little effort to make a necklace for her momma and a bracelet for her cousin Edmund. She even makes a little charm for Maeve to affix to her quiver or bow should she so wish. All of them are done in colors to suit the individual. Lavender for Maeve, citrine for Edmund, green for her momma. It's only when Melita spoke again that she shifted her attention to the other youth.

"That looks really good! I think your friend will like it." She said with a firm nod and a bright smile. Paige knew that she would certainly like it had the gift been for her. Who wouldn't like a pretty spyglass done up with colorful stones? Only a crazy person.
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Change author:
Surveying it over and over again, studying proportions, Melita settled in with a nod, and the confirmation from Paige. “Thank you. I hope he does.” And if not, then he had an extra spyglass with some rocks bedazzled on the side. She supposed if Milo really didn’t take to it, she could throw it Jack’s way; the man seemed hellbent on collecting things of that nature.

“I’m all set here, if you are,” and she nudged Paige with her elbow, rising from the ground, Fangorn following suit. “I can walk you back, and I’ll tell you how to get to the Crimson Cataract.” Another wink, indulgent and silly, followed through, while she hummed and spoke of paths, of ways to go traipsing along the underbrush without a worry or care in the world.

{FIN}
Melita