how we are built
For Gideon
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 72 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 73 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Online
Change author:
MP: 9824
DEIMOS
what tried to destroy you
didn't have the strength
An investigation was another possibility, but the Sword, not often versed in anything medical, mending, or healing provisions, wouldn’t know where to start. But he’d be eager to prevent it – the suffering, the madness, the way so many, even the Ascended, had been altered. “And how would we do that?” He’d heard Phoebe had once investigated the blight, but wasn’t certain on the findings, the information, construed in its sanction.

The other inquiry actually made him snort, breaking over the chains of discomfort gripping his shoulders, his spine, his mettle. “I already have.” Molded into Abandoned and Attuned, strength for strength, measure for measure, and no shame in adhering to either side. In response, a pair of tiger ears shifted to the top of his head, maneuvering back and forth with the notion of sounds surrounding the area, catching bits and pieces of birdsong.
still you stand
sturdy and smelling of smoke
Gideon Clemments
The Priest

Age: 52 | Height: 6' 1" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 17 - Luck: 16 - Int:
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
GIDEON

Be careful my darling
Be careful of what it takes
Gideon laughed and shrugged. "I don't know. You're getting out of my area of expertise. We have doctors and researchers in Stormbreak; I might put the question to them. If all else fails, we ask the Gods." He was sure Falke might be able to pick something up though, or any of the many other capable medical staff in the city.

His eyes went up to the animal ears that appeared on Deimos' head and he raised an eyebrow with a smirk. He'd never really worked out how he felt about the Attuned, especially those that came from being Abandoned. In some ways, Gideon supposed it was the closest to redemption they could get, but it wasn't enough for Stormbreak and no Abandoned, animal features or no, would ever be enough for the Gods.

"I see. So...in any conflicts that arise, you will side with the Gods? Even though you began as Abandoned?" He asked, almost too casually for the question. "There will be call for any soldiers we can have when the time comes to end the Ascended."
What I've seen so far
The good ones always seems to break
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
DEIMOS
didn't have the strength
With no experiences to relate back to Stormbreak capabilities, save for their barring of many individuals, he couldn’t reflect on whether or not they’d be able to surmise the research either. If it would matter to them – considering it hadn’t reached their walls. There was some little bitter aspect, pondering if they had people that could do just the same, but he kept it tucked behind his teeth. Gave a nod instead.

His eyes narrowed at the following inquiry, then sighed at the instigation. The Sword had managed to not be bothered by the multitude of Abandoned insults through the years – for he wasn’t ashamed and knew exactly how his powers, his incantations, his elements, had benefitted a multitude of people – but this man seemed to hold some range of intolerance bordering on ridiculous.

And Deimos had always known his role in things – a warrior, a soldier, through and through. “I am willing to fight against the Voice.” Which may not have been what Gideon wanted to hear; because he still had his connections, portions of family contorted into the Ascended framework. He just didn’t know what to do for them anymore.
still you stand
Gideon Clemments
The Priest

Age: 52 | Height: 6' 1" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
GIDEON

Be careful my darling
It seemed that Deimos knew where to put his faith, even with his beginning in the world as an Abandoned. Gideon nodded approvingly, wondering if he ought to put a good word in for the man next time he prayed to Safrin; her disappointment was palpable when he looked upon the man, yet he couldn't help but feel he was earnest.

"Good. I know I'm..." Suddenly, breaking his hard and strict demeanour, Gideon laughed, shrugging as if the whole time he had been a good natured friend. "I know I'm being a hard ass and interrogating you as soon as we meet. But you understand - things are coming to a head. There's little time for small talk. Everyone will need to pick a side and it's useful to know who's who and where they are." Especially someone that looked as strong as Deimos.

Standing up, he stretched and looked off into the trees. "Do you know the way back to Torchline from here? I might walk back...though ideally not anywhere too close to the city. I'm ah...not welcome there right now."
What I've seen so far
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
didn't have the strength
There was a harder distinction to his jaw, clenching, and it only seemed to work its way back into normalcy when the man laughed; the Sword arching his brow, fending off some other particulars with a range of possibilities. Deimos did know things were moving onward, and even though there’d been a justification of time, of limitations, there were still some portion to him that wanted to hold onto the repose for as long as possible. Maybe because it seemed so damned fleeting. His voice took on a rumble once more, nodding, releasing a long breath. “And what do you think will happen to those who do not pick a side?” Curiosity, on the realms and reaches of neutrality, on boughs, edges, and boundaries he hadn’t ever pressed. If there was worry, concern, some other fringe pushing the inquiry along, he didn’t mention it – allotting inquisition again for its own sake, as his mind rotated in its complexities.

The following proclamation simply instigated more interest, by the way of being unwelcome in Torchline. He knew those aspects well, though Gideon didn’t seem like an individual to set fire to a spy ring out of vengeance. “This way,” and he hastened Zuriel onward, leading along the intervals as they began to shuffle along paths not strictly familiar, but by intuition’s sake, understanding the directions they faced – the sea beyond. Belial did the same, hooting as he sprung into the air, gleefully extending his wings while Deimos mulled over the intrigue. “Why are you avoiding Torchline?”
still you stand
Gideon Clemments
The Priest

Change author:
GIDEON

Be careful my darling
Gideon paused after the question, giving it a moment's consideration with his lips pulled to one side, then casually and as if it were obvious said: "They'll either have to find a very good hiding place, or be caught up in the fray and find no mercy from either side." He shrugged; he didn't care much about the fate of those too cowardly to defend Caido.

He was surprised to see Deimos begin to lead him to Torchline, having gotten the impression he was making the man uncomfortable prior, but did not argue, falling into step beside him and his unicorn. "I gave a sermon some time ago and there are many in that city who refuse to listen to the truth. I only spoke and yet they threw rocks and insults, shouted and intimidated me. It is truly shocking how quickly they become animals when they have no logic." Gideon was certain if he had not had his compass, they would have ripped him apart in the streets.
What I've seen so far
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
didn't have the strength
From where Gideon likely couldn’t see, Deimos’ eyes narrowed at the reply. He’d never been much of a neutral source – eternally bound one way or another in the wakes and vestiges he’d come across. But he knew some didn’t find themselves pulled in either direction. He knew some spurned and shirked. He knew some melded and molded into the way of bystander, rather than placing themselves upon the line. Whether or not it was unfortunate seemed to bind against his ribs a little; for wouldn’t they need to be protected and defended too, just the same? “I see,” he murmured quietly, uncertain where else to place his thoughts amongst the eaves.

Zuriel glided along barely-lined pathways, where bramble and vine had been broken only by a few travelers, winding their way towards the sea. The Sword tilted his head as they walked, listening to Gideon’s reply – gaze widening a fraction as he fought to muffle down what might’ve been a harsh bark of laughter. "A sermon against Ascended?" A presumption, given the priest's already vocal standpoints. “Were your remarks inflammatory?” Torchline took care of its own; he’d seen that several times over.
still you stand
Gideon Clemments
The Priest

Change author:
GIDEON

Be careful my darling
It seemed Deimos was able to accurately guess the contents of his sermon - not surprising, given how Gideon had started this conversation. Had it been any other topic he would have found his own obsession concerning, but with the world at threat and their very souls to lose, single-mindedness was the only path possible.

"Not unnecessarily so. Or at least, I didn't think so." He said with a loose roll of his shoulders, glancing back to Deimos before stepping down to a lower level of the path. "Do you not think it hypocritical that the leader of this place...or at least, the last leader, I don't know much about this new Queen - that he was blessed by Safrin, loved and cared for...yet chose to bind himself to an Ascended?" Contempt dripped from Gideon's words and if Deimos listened close enough, he may have been able to pick up on the slightest bit of envy.

"I said much the same of what I said to you. That they have let the wolf into their field and don't even know. That the Ascended guard-dog the old leader had was ruining any chance they had of salvation." Gritting his teeth as he thought of Nate, the way the large man had gotten in his face, he shook his head. "They don't want to hear truth, only platitudes about friendship and how we are not all so different."
What I've seen so far
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
didn't have the strength
The presumption had been there, and he withheld another snort. What he hadn’t expected, however, was the turn of the conversation to land upon Sunjata. A thousand things could be said about the man – and his brows furrowed instinctively. Perhaps it was fortunate Gideon wasn’t an Attuned; for the bombardment of frustration, exasperation, and barely-concealed contempt would’ve pulsed and pervaded from the Sword’s presence. Just not for the crimes the priest had listed: instead it was for duplicity, unwinding deals that led to more selfish inhibitions, spy rings cast in a land he’d sought to protect, and a friend continually discarded by the Flood. So Deimos didn’t abhor Sunjata for whom he’d chosen to love, but for what had happened in the aftermath, in the wreckage, in the pathways he’d stoked. “He is a hypocrite for many reasons. But I heard,” and set an entire guild on fire for in Ru’s revenge, “he struck a deal with Safrin to save Nate in the war.” A child; as if other souls should’ve been used as collateral, brought on this earth to be a bargaining chip.

Even that instance was somewhat sickening.

He stepped over a few raised roots, and looked ahead to snaking vines, watching as they unfurled and unraveled – hanging snakes, ducking under their depths. The Sword remained vigilant, listening all the while to Gideon’s proclamations of sermons, wondering, pondering, in the spinning calculations that always seemed to muster. An inquiry, about the citizens, about the wake of the earth, about the way many meandered without choosing a side – his gaze settled on Zuriel, on Belial grabbing hold of leaves. “But with the lands so firmly tied to Safrin, will all of that matter?”
still you stand
Gideon Clemments
The Priest

Change author:
GIDEON

Be careful my darling
Gideon was always watching his conversational partners for little shows of emotion, displays of a thought or feeling he could use; he spotted the furrowed brown as soon as Sunjata was mentioned and wondered if there was a history there. That was confirmed as soon as Deimos spoke and immediately, Gideon jumped in to stir further, find out more: "A deal to save an Ascended? That won't last. If we eliminate the Voice there won't be anywhere for their 'fluid' to come from." Besides, once everyone saw the truth, he couldn't see them tolerating one of the machines among them. "But tell me...it sounds like you've met the man personally. What happened?"

The vines moving independently before them was distracting enough to stop him from asking millions of questions right away; once he was past them Gideon scoffed and shook his head."You must not underestimate our enemy. It's dangerous. They sneak into our lives and destroy them from the inside out, just like her implanted 'improvements'." A rot that began at the core.
What I've seen so far
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
didn't have the strength
There had been days and months and seasons prior where the Sword and Flood hadn’t openly detested one another. Before the dramatics between Hotaru and Sunjata, before bizarre weddings, before betrayal after betrayal. At least now they knew where each properly stood in each other’s esteem; and if he pushed a branch out of his way a little harsher than necessary, so be it. “He bargained for Nate’s safety. Safrin wanted him to prove he could take care of another life. So they had a child together.” The monolith shook his head, a snort uttering through, and not one of amusement. Could’ve easily been a pet of some kind, rather than a child brought into the world just for Sunjata’s poorly devised strategies. “And Nate returned as another demigod for the Voice.” He shrugged his shoulders, the furrow of his brow returning. “And if it is as you say, how would anything have changed?” Or had it merely been too late, with the Voice even further embedded? He didn’t know – his nose wrinkling at the notions.

But his eyes fell on the ground at the last words. He’d yet to make such a statement or inclination; still believing in the likes of those he’d once trusted. Any Ascended that had earned his contempt had been for their actions, and not the way their ichor flowed.
still you stand
Gideon Clemments
The Priest

Change author:
GIDEON

Be careful my darling
"A strange deal, but I've heard of Safrin having children with human men before." Of course, it wasn't his place to judge, but Gideon did think it a little odd. Did she not see them as beneath her? To control and subdue, not to create with as partners? That she gave Sunjata the choice to remain with an Ascended riled him too; Gideon knew he'd have to ask for guidance on that, even if it would be irksome. "The Voice doesn't have Demi-Gods. Merely more sophisticated machines."

Whatever this Nate had, he was sure it couldn't hold a candle to the divine power the Old Gods bestowed upon those they favoured.

The next question was difficult and all he could do was gesture vaguely and sigh. "I don't know. I may well be wrong about it all - the only thing I know for certain is that I follow the Old Gods. All else is only what I believe they want me to know."
What I've seen so far
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
didn't have the strength
Perhaps it was in the air of Safrin’s manipulation too – a child – to ensure those she marked as her own stayed within that reach. Deimos only knew of Seren as the other daughter, uncertain if there’d been others well before their current mortal times. Power was wielded in many forms, and though he didn’t judge her for those notions, it still left him muddled and perplexed.

Even more so as Gideon suggested the Voice’s Demi-gods weren’t that at all. Just machines; cogs in the works.

Except he’d always seen them as people. His brow furrowed, hand maneuvering a few vines, not snakes this time, out of his height range, alleviating the need to duck. “Some are quite powerful, regardless.” Wessex, especially.

But his last inquiry hadn’t earned any answers – and maybe he hadn’t meant it to – just as confused. His nose wrinkled vaguely, wandering further into the winding path, following after Zuriel’s hooves marking their way along the earth.
still you stand
Gideon Clemments
The Priest

Change author:
GIDEON

Be careful my darling
This man was very quiet; Gideon found he didn't mind too much, letting most of his words fade off into the jungle around them as the coast began to come into clearer view. It was clear Deimos had a long history with the Gods - the emotions delivered to him from the Gods when he looked upon Deimos were proof enough of that - but he seemed sensible enough to still not go to the Ascended. Hopefully, when it came to it, he might be a strong ally.

"Indeed. We all need to be on our guard. But still, have faith. In the end, the Old Gods will win the war." Of this, Gideon was absolutely sure, and it showed in the confidence under his tone. He simply could not see a future where the Voice came out on top.

They were closing in on the town now, close enough that he risked being seen; as much as he wanted to continue his walk, Gideon decided it would be safer to teleport out using his compass at this point. Thanking Deimos for the company and advising one last time that he ought to speak to Safrin, Gideon made his exit.

{FIN}
What I've seen so far