Of Optical Oblivion
Nikolai
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 32 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 3 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 35 - Endr: 36 - Luck: 42 - Int:
PEMOTA - Mythical - Starwhale (narwhal)
Played by: Johnny Offline
Change author:
MP: 312
- NATE -
I don’t want a world
Without pain or loss
Nate can’t help but move slowly, lingering around the base of the Spire like a wraith. God, maybe he and Sunjata should have just planted their flag here, set up shop in the ominous obelisk itself. If nothing else, it would save him a seasonal trip. At least this time it should only be a quick rendezvous, all he needs is a handful of pebbles.

And yet, he finds himself lingering, staring up at the tip of the Spire and the stars beyond it, imagining that it’s tall enough to scrape into the stars, tall enough to invade Safrin’s realm and lend reason to her animosity.

Pemota notices the visitor before Nate does, beady eyes and electrified starlight focusing on the other. It’s not clear whether she warns Nate or not, but he doesn’t move either way, head tipped up and back to the fields approaching the Spire. If not for her, he might not be recognizable, his hair shorn short and a scar spanning the length of his head.
I just want them
To mean something
No permission needed to power play
Feel free to use non-lethal magic/force against Nate
Speaks with a light New Jersey accent that gets more obvious when he's strained

Nikolai Moriya

Age: 23 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 14 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 14 - Luck: 12 - Int:
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 580
Nikolai
Keeping your heart
On your sleeve
Nikolai notices Pemota first and feels his stomach drop. Even after his talk with Sunjata, the young Ascended was reluctant to speak with his sibling. But perhaps this was a blessing in disguise? He did need help locating on of their family with an optical upgrade. One of the Voice's Demi-gods surely would know, right?

Biting his lip nervously, Nikolai steels his nerves and begins to approach. He opens his mouth to call out a greeting, but clearly he left his self-preservation filter at home. "Hey dipshit, you got a minute?" Nikolai feigns nonchalance while internally the screaming has begun. Why. Why. WHY. Oh for fuck's sake. I'm going to die today.
Will get blood
On your jacket
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 32 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 3 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 35 - Endr: 36 - Luck: 42 - Int:
PEMOTA - Mythical - Starwhale (narwhal)
Played by: Johnny Offline
Change author:
MP: 312
- NATE -
I don’t want a world
Without pain or loss
Nikolai’s shout crashes into Nate like a wave, surprise nearly taking him off his feet. He’s laughing my before he turns to look over his shoulder, bright eyes locked on the younger ascended. “I knew you liked me!” He crows, turning the rest of the way and stepping towards the other, closing the distance until they’re close enough for his arm to wrap around Nikolai’s shoulders.

I got all night for you, what’d you need?” Nate tries and fails to resist the urge to reach over and pinch the younger ascendeds cheek like some kind of overbearing aunt great aunt seeing him for the first time in years. Nikolai will feel a tremble in the demi-gods hands whenever they’re not moving, Nate not able to hide it with their closeness.
I just want them
To mean something
No permission needed to power play
Feel free to use non-lethal magic/force against Nate
Speaks with a light New Jersey accent that gets more obvious when he's strained

Nikolai Moriya

Age: 23 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 14 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 14 - Luck: 12 - Int:
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 580
Nikolai
Keeping your heart
On your sleeve
Nikolai already regrets his decision. Nate is far too happy to see him for his tastes. The second the Demi-god wraps an arm around his shoulder, the younger Ascended scrunches his face up in disgust. "I really, really don't. I needed information. And despite you being...you... I figured as a Demi-god you likely had it."

Nikolai is about to brush the arm from his shoulder and put distance between them when the trembling registers. Instead, he has a tiny crisis. Should he ignore it and brush Nate off? Did he acknowledge it and ask what was wrong? They were family after all, despite everything.

After a moment of consideration, Nikolai gave up. Instead of forcing the Demi-god away, he simply decided to do nothing. He let Nate stay as he was, though there was no removing the tension from Nikolai's shoulders. Or the displeased expression from his face.  This annoying little shit better be thankful.
Will get blood
On your jacket