a loyal servant
quest hand in for Ludo
Gideon Clemments
The Priest

Age: 52 | Height: 6' 1" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 17 - Luck: 16 - Int:
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Sometimes I think it's gettin' better
And then it gets much worse
His tasks had been done and while Gideon did not dare to assume he deserved a reward, he hoped he might at least please Ludo with his work. At the very least, the speech he'd given in Torchline had converted one young man, opened his eyes to the evils of the Ascended lurking among them all. That was valuable, even if nothing else came of it.

Kneeling before the shrine, putting an offering before him (He had taken a spare crystal to a craftsperson and had it made into a spinning top - ridiculously ornate for what it was, but beautiful nonetheless, perfectly cut gem in hues of red and purple that twinkled as it was spun), Gideon let his hands out before him, palms turned up.

"I have completed the things you asked of me. I hope they have pleased you." He said carefully, quietly, waiting for the answer.

---
Gideon has completed the quest set out in Come Up To a Barricade.

- Host a mini-event in either Halo or Torchline to preach the anti-ascended agenda
{Mini Event} my friends, my people, my flock
- Complete a thread collecting crystals from Soulfire Reach in the Climb
gods request, gods receive
- Complete a thread leaving the crystals from dawn until dusk at one of Safrin's shrines
we do this for you now
Is it just part of the process?
Well, Vi, it hurts
gideon
Base Code by Sky!
Spooky Rags

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:

"They have, sweetling..."

The spinning top seems to jump up and spin all by itself, though the laughter of a youth can be heard echoing all about as Ludo undoubtedly watches the toy at work.

"You have the gem with you as well, yes? The one you left to soak in the sunshine?" Assuming that Gideon does indeed have it present, the crystal will find itself rising up before the Priest, turning this way and that in the twilight.

"Yes, this will do nicely! Watch this..."

There's a flash, like the sunlight has been stored within the crystal and is now rocketing outwards, and when Gideon is able to see properly again, he will note that said crystal now forms the top of an ornate staff which seems almost bespoke for the Priest's hands.

Gideon has completed his quest and has received the following!

Sunlight Staff | A staff infused with a crystal that has been drenched in the sun's light. When the staff is struck into the ground, it will create a 5ft dome of sunlight until it is pulled free. (Will negate up to 20% of an Ascended's sunlight resistance).
LUDO
Braved the forests, braved the stone
Braved the icy winds and fire
Braved and beat them on my own

Gideon Clemments
The Priest

Age: 52 | Height: 6' 1" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 17 - Luck: 16 - Int:
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
Sometimes I think it's gettin' better
And then it gets much worse
Gideon beamed with pride to hear he had pleased Ludo; maybe it wasn't becoming of his position to make his pleasure so obvious, but he could hardly help it. With quick hands he drew out the gem too when asked, eagerly handing it over to see what the robed God might do with it.

And he wasn't disappointed. The staff came into being, seemingly made for him; Gideon took it with slow, reverent hands and turned it over a few times. "This is...thank you. I will use this for our good." It would be a most valuable tool and he found he understood it right away; the warm sun-warmed crystal in the top providing a clue. The Ascended would fall before him.

{FIN}
Is it just part of the process?
Well, Vi, it hurts
gideon
Base Code by Sky!