in this kingdom of unlikely wonders
Nephele Amoret
the Meadowhawk

Age: 60 | Height: 5'0 | Race: Fae | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 3 - Strg: 11 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 24 - Luck: 3 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
and like a book cover, I am what I hide
A twist of a smile that is some concoction of grateful and sardonic plays on a fair face. "I am no healer, I am as jaded and bitter as I'm sure I seem, but fifty years is enough to teach any young Fae that healing does not stop even when you stubbornly pick at the wound." Fingers would always stray from torn flesh, sleep would forcefully quiet discordant minds. Healing was inevitable. Or perhaps Nephele is the strange one to think of it like a slow-stalking predator instead of some other, kinder notion.

Humming quietly in consideration, Nephele straightens and begins to wade back out of the river, single-minded and focused despite how it may make her come off as abandoning Maeve. Returning to the shore, she sets her pan down on a larger rock and opens her pocket to peer inside while responding. "War twists us all, regardless of our desires to remain at a distance, uninvolved and unimportant. It is our connections that doom us - you to your child, me to my kin. The Greatwood at large. So many, many threads..." trailing off on a dark note, she plucks a stone from her pocket and holds it to the light, examining its shine.
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Maeve

Maeve trails after her, shivering as she reaches the edge of the shore and wrings the water out from her clothes the best she can, sitting down to tug on her boots once more. "I imagine I won't be able to stay out of it once it starts, but I'll do what I can to keep those I need to safe. It's all I really can do." The Nightshade murmurs before she sighs, tying off her boots and standing, whistling for Aidon to draw closer and leave the fish in the water be.

"I hope you were able to get what you needed here. I wish you the best of luck." She offers her one last smile, gathering her basket and heading back the way she came, thoughts turning over in her head.

~FIN <3~
Honey, I'm on fire, I feel it everywhere
Nothin' scares me anymore
Kiss me hard before you go
Summertime sadness