{SE} so blue just thinking about you
For Harper <3
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Maeve

Maeve smiles down at him, shifting to fold the blanket carefully and place it in her lap, brushing her thumb across Edmund's name where it was embroidered. "It's for that little one. Every child needs a blanket that's solely theirs." She says with a fir nod of her head, reaching forward to brush her finger's through Edmund's curls, finally settling back in her chair.

"Of course. I've been thinking about it. I don't wish to make a stance that clearly puts us on one side or the other just yet. While there aren't many Ascended who live here I know anything that singles them out will be seen as a threat." Even by others who were followers of the Old Gods. Maeve knew that if she ever did something that shut out the Ascended Sunjata wouldn't ever trust her or lend his strength again, feeling it a personal attack against Nate. She only hopes that Safrin would be willing to compromise on such things for a bit longer. "A fortress of some kind is a good idea, I think. If we're smart about it we can create something that would last through any kind of siege. Maybe she can make us bricks or something like the bolts to lay in the walls." It was a thought. To do something in secret like that was a bit worrisome for the Nightshade. If only because to be found out would cause even more trouble.

She sighs heavily, "As much as I want to think that we'll be spared from the war coming here, I know that isn't true. We must prepare for the worst." They would do what they could to make it seem that they weren't drawing a line in the sand, but the time was going to come eventually where they had to make a stand.

Maeve's eyes widen at the confession and she leans forward, "Really? Oh, Harper... Phoebe has wanted children for years. After Sunjata... Well, she had seemed to give up hope on that ever happening." For many different reasons. Maeve knew that it was a difficult subject for the Nightingale, but if there was anyone who would take care of Phoebe and whatever children they had, it would be Harper.
Fight so dirty, but your love's so sweet
Talk so pretty, but your heart got teeth
Harper Quinn
the Stalwart
Teacher

Age: 33 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 5 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 19 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9667
Harper
love many things
for therein lies true strength
Harper is sure he’d once had something similar as a child, but all he can recall is a stuffed elephant he’d named after his beloved companion growing up. A blanket is a similar comfort item so at least he’s on the right track. “I’m sure he’ll love it when he’s old enough to see the work you put into it,” Harper compliments easily, eyes tracing the designs her hands had left in the fabric.

He can imagine this has been on her mind even more than his own, though he’s glad to see they’re on the same page in terms of realistically considering the implications of any decisions. “I’d be happy to take on the major portion of getting it started with Safrin.” Gods knew Maeve had enough on her plate with a baby to care for alone and a land to rule. “It’s the prerogative of followers of the Voice or the Ascended to make their own defenses - though I think it would be important to not deny them if they did decide to make a safe house of their own here, we can’t be responsible for its creation.” By numbers alone they would have to prioritize the non-Ascended of Torchline to ensure it was of any use. They wouldn’t have to advertise it until it was already created, perhaps, or simply reveal it closer to the precipice of the war when backlash would be useless.

It’s a strange thing to turn so suddenly to better news but Harper certainly isn’t complaining. His ears and neck flush pink at her response, embarrassed and pleased at the same time. “I hope even with all that’s happened, it won’t dissuade her from saying yes. Though we’re both aware we have duties in separate lands, we’ve made it work so far.” A roundabout way of saying he wouldn’t abandon his station or Maeve herself if they did end up with a child on their hands.
and what is done in love
is always done well
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Maeve

Maeve is quiet as he spoke, considering his words and his offer, finally nodding as he finishes. "I won't deny them the opportunity to make it. Just like I won't deny them a shrine here. It'll be up to them to create something, but they're more than welcome to have it. As far as speaking with Safrin, I'd appreciate any and all help. I'll accompany you, of course. We're close to being done with the fountain now and I'd like to start on this as soon as possible." It was easy to focus on what needed to be done. The preparations they needed to make. She was thankful that Harper was here to help her in that as well. It eased the weight on her shoulders a great deal.

"I hope it works out, Harper. Truly. You two are good for one another. You both deserve to seize happiness wherever you can get it." The rest of their afternoon continues much like this. Talking about personal things and playing with Edmund interspersed with discussions of what they needed to prepare. Fora moment, Maeve didn't feel so heavy.
Fight so dirty, but your love's so sweet
Talk so pretty, but your heart got teeth