Hotaru
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Maeve

Ru-

I wouldn't be surprised if you tossed this letter aside and didn't bother to read it after the way things were left, but I'm going to try anyway.

I ran into Deimos out in the Wilds. He apologized to me for the fire even though I hold no ill will towards him or you for what happened. This wasn't my region at the time and I know what the attack was for, but you already know how I feel about such things. The lengths I was willing to go to for you. That I would still go to despite the warnings of others.

I lifted his banishment in exchange for a vow to never cause harm to Torchline again. One that he took easily. The same is extended to you. You could come back, if you wanted. This could be your home again. Sunjata and Nate have left. To where, I don't know, but they aren't here and it would be safe for you. For your babies.

Aurelia is gone. Disappeared in the desert. She's not been seen in months now and I don't know if she'll ever be back. Torchline is mine in its entirety and I won't keep you from her lands if you wish to be here. I wanted you to know that.

I hope you're well. I hope the twins are well. I've given birth to my own baby. A baby boy. His name is Edmund. He's beautiful and growing so quickly.

Locke came back for a time. He said he couldn't be with me. Not really. He said that he wasn't good enough for me and maybe he was right. He's disappeared too. I'm alone. I'm not looking for your sympathy, but there was a time you said you'd do anything for me and I want that Ru back. I want you by my side. I want my friend.

I miss you.

Yours,

Maeve
when you are not fed love on a silver spoon
you learn to lick it off of knives

Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 3 - Strg: 38 - Dext: 38 - Endr: 54 - Luck: 40 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9667
HOTARU
She's in a long black coat tonight
Waiting for me in the downpour outside
Maeve -

You're right. I contemplated not responding. It feels as if you are only reaching out now that Aurelia is not around for you to be beholden to - and trust, loyalty, affection that is dependent upon others? That is not any loyalty I want. Perhaps it's what we've been through, or merely a moment of stupidity on my part, but to say the least -

I am listening.

But I am not unburned by the choices you made, by the side you chose. When I was willing to risk so much more for you in a time when I had more at stake.

While I appreciate the gesture you have made for Deimos, I have nowhere to return to. Torchline was never home beyond Nate and Sunjata. Nowhere truly was. My name alone is a political choice - and Safrin has no love for me, and you have built your city in her name. And if Aurelia returns, and sees you have allowed me back? Will you allow her to chase me away then?

I would ask you to pardon my cynicism, but I am hurt. Distrustful. There is more at risk than just me now.

I am glad to hear your pregnancy and birth were without complications. I cannot say the same for mine. Edmund is a fine name, and I hope he will grow into it well.

There was a time I said that I would do anything for you, yes. But what is it you are asking of me, now? What support can I possibly give you? I have nothing to offer you. No title, no power, no relationship that would mend your heart. I can offer an ear, a shoulder. Companionship, what little I am capable of these days. That does not seem, to me, to outweigh the burden I would otherwise be - to you and your rule equally.

- Hotaru
singing "Baby come home" in a melody of tears
While the rhythm of the rain keeps time
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Maeve

Ru-

I wouldn't have blamed you and you're valid to feel that way. I'm not reaching out simply because she's gone. I'll admit, I'm lonely and I miss you, but that wasn't what spurred me to write. It was the meeting with Deimos. My affection isn't dependent on the loyalty of others. I never wanted to cut things off. I didn't want to shut you out, but Aurelia and I were meant to rule together. I was hesitant to alienate the person who I was meant to run a region with. I'm sorry, Ru. I was scared.

It isn't an excuse and I don't expect you to simply accept this without question. I know you've been hurt too many times and I know that I'm one of the people who hurt you. Although, Ru, you turned me away that night on the beach. You told me to leave you and forget about you. You said I was better for it and yet... and yet I've had nothing but heartache and heartbreak outside of my son. I understand why you did it. I know you were trying to protect me. I only wish that things had gone differently. I want things to be different.

No, Aurelia won't be allowed to chase you away. This place isn't hers anymore. She left. She doesn't get a say. Not about this. Not about you. I cannot speak for Safrin, but she hasn't barred you from this land. If you want to come then you can, but it is ultimately your choice. You have a place here if you want it.

I know, Ru. I understand.

I'm sorry to hear there were complications. I hope that you're okay. That the twins are okay.

I'm not asking for anything except for a chance. At friendship, companionship, and whatever that might entail. In whatever capacity you are capable of. I don't need a title or power or anything like that from you. Just you. In whatever way that means. You're not a burden, Ru. Not to me.

You never were.

Yours,

Maeve
when you are not fed love on a silver spoon
you learn to lick it off of knives

Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 3 - Strg: 38 - Dext: 38 - Endr: 54 - Luck: 40 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9667
HOTARU
She's in a long black coat tonight
Waiting for me in the downpour outside
Maeve -

You’re entitled to your fear, just as I am to my hurt that the risk I was willing yo take was not reciprocated. But you have made the first step; the least I can do is try to move past that. Though I admit I have never been known for my ability to forgive, I will endeavor to try for you.

You may have known heartbreak since, but you didn’t know many worse things. I regret that my protection of you hurt in any way, but having experienced firsthand what I spared you from, I do not regret it. The fact remains that while now I may be safer to be around, I am not a woman that life passes easily around. With your son, there is only further reason to hesitate.

Still, the choice is yours.

If a chance is what you want -

Meet me on the southern bank of the Whispershote in the Greatwood the morning after the full moon. I’ll wait for you.

Ru
singing "Baby come home" in a melody of tears
While the rhythm of the rain keeps time
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.