Do we really need more cold?
Ray Lunarium
Herbalist / Information Broker / Torchline Councilwoman

Age: 27 | Height: 5'5" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 18 - Int:
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Ray
Never underestimate
The lengths to which
Ray had made her way to the Greatwood as soon as she could. Both of the ingredients she needed to find Rae's Lillies could be found here. Today she was looking for snow moss. She'd only come to the Greatwood a handful of times, so she'd never seen the plant before. But the stories about it's unusual temperature were intriguing. If she'd come during the warmer seasons, Ray likely would have been tempted to lay on it. However the snow of Deepfrost was ever present, rendering the idea foolish.

As she trudged through the snow, Ray kept an eye out, scanning the trees as she walked. The snow moss was said to grow at the base of trees so hopefully it'd be relatively easy to spot.
Nature itself
Will kill you
Cordelia Olson
the One-Shot
Hunter

Age: 30 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 13 - Int:
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Cordelia

Ray wasn't the only one looking for snow moss. Cordelia and her counterparts still needed more for their shelters. Their area of King's End seemed to be lacking in that department. It only made sense to press out into the Wilds in search of more of the material. Cordelia moved through the woods silently, bow in hand, a ghost amongst the trees. She saw Ray well before the other woman spotted her. There was a moment of pause before she placed where she knew her from, remembering having seen her in the Court at Torchline when she delivered news to the Queens after Halo's attack.

Cordelia cleared her throat, not wanting to startle the woman. Especially with the way she was leaning over. One poorly timed shout and the woman was likely to topple over. "You lost?"
Say something, something like you love me
Less you want to move away from the noise of this place
Ray Lunarium

Age: 27 | Height: 5'5" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Ray
Never underestimate
The lengths to which
Ray's head jerked up at the sound of a voice, eyes narrowing for a moment before recognition hit. "Oh. You're Cordelia, right?" The herbalist remembered seeing the Attuned entering the Court to meet with the Queens. Having identified the newcomer, Ray relaxed and straightened up. "No actually. I'm trying to find snow moss. Have you seen any around?"

The herbalist had been looking for some time but had yet to spot any. She gave a resigned sigh. "I think it's blending in too well with the snow. I've had zero luck so far." Cordelia's question gave the impression that she knew the area rather well. Hopefully the fellow Attuned had seen some.
Nature itself
Will kill you
Cordelia Olson
the One-Shot
Hunter

Age: 30 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Cordelia

"That's right. You're Ray. I remember you from the Court." Cordelia replied with a soft smile, adjusting her pack on her shoulders and stowing her bow once more. There really wasn't a need to have it out. Not anymore. "I have actually. It's pretty tricky to spot if you aren't used to foraging for it." She explained, stepping forward towards Ray and kneeling down, uncaring of the way the snow soaked into the knee of her pants. With a gloved hand Cordelia dug into the snow at the base of a tree, unearthing a bit of the moss in question less than an inch beneath the snow, turning to glance up at Ray with a grin.

"The trick is to look at the base of the trees. See how the bark is kind of barren here? That's because the moss has eaten away at it, but then moved further down to be beneath the snow once it started falling." She explained, pointing out the spot on the tree that was lacking bark, instead it was pricked with almost imperceptible holes were the roots had once been.
Ray Lunarium

Change author:
Ray
Never underestimate
The lengths to which
"Thank you!" Ray eagerly followed Cordelia once the other Attuned mentioned knowing where to look. Crouching beside the tree, the herbalist made note of the details pointed out. The barren bark, the small holes, and the depth that the moss was beneath the freshly fallen snow. The herbalist would be sure to commit to memory in case she ever needed to collect more.

Pulling a small pouch from her bag, Ray began to collect the moss. Carefully she scooped under the growth, pulling up the moss with most of it's roots intact. The herbalist continued this until her bag was brimming with moss. Ray sent a grin to Cordelia, "You've really saved me a lot of trouble, thanks again." With this, she was one step closer to acquiring a lily.
Nature itself
Will kill you
Cordelia Olson
the One-Shot
Hunter

Change author:
Cordelia

It was easy to return her smile as she felt the excitement of the other Attuned bubbling along the bond. She huffed a soft laugh, shaking her head, "Don't mention it. I'm used to looking for the stuff. We usually collect it for lining our homes in Halo. It keeps sounds muffled and the heat in." The Attuned explained, straightening up easily and brushing the snow off of her hands, wrapping her coat a bit more tightly around herself.

"Take care of yourself, Ray. I'm sure I'll see you around sometime." It was Caido, after all. Everyone knew it was fairly impossibly to avoid someone forever without making a concentrated effort to do so. With that, Cordelia set back out into the snow, stopping every now and again to dig at the base of a tree and pulling out moss to put into her own bag. Only when hers was completely full did she think of returning to her temporary home.

~FIN <3~