Stingers for a cause
Open! Fauna encounter: Paper wasp
Nikolai Moriya
Scholar /Bookseller

Age: 28 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 16 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Nikolai
Not all truths
Belong to the light
Nikolai snickered when Cam solved their problem with a single bite. "I often forget we have those to be honest." He'd been an Ascended for just a few months longer then Cam. It made sense that both of them were still adjusting to some of the quirks of being bright.

The lid now in order, the younger Ascended carefully slid a piece of paper in-between the jar and the book. Once the paper was in place he gave the wasp a chance to settle back down. Then giving Cam a nod, Nikolai swiftly but gently flipped the jar over. The piece of paper remained in place, preventing the wasp from escaping.

"Ok. Here we go." Nikolai took the lid from Cam and placed it over the paper. "On the count of three will you slide the paper out? I'll try to screw the lid on quickly once it's out of the way. " Assuming Cam agrees, Nikolai will begin to count down, "Three.. two...one!"
Some lie in wait
For you to step into the shadows
Cameron Davis
Artist

Age: 30 | Height: 5'8" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 13 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 15 - Luck: 8 - Int:
Played by: Bees Offline
Change author:
MP: 1749

"Me too," Cam admitted. "But they sure are handy."

Actually, they hadn't really thought that biting the lid would work; their success pleasantly surprised them.

"OK, let's do this."

Cam listened for Nikolai's count, then slid the paper out from over the jar quickly, hoping that the other Ascended could screw the lid on in time to contain the wasp. If not, well ... they'd have one angry, suddenly free wasp on their hands. Again Cam had to remind themself that they couldn't get stung and thus there was nothing to be afraid of. If this wasp escaped, they'd just have to find another one, maybe refine their strategy a little for the next attempt.

cameron ?

"Cameras" by Ennev is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 2.0
Nikolai Moriya
Scholar /Bookseller

Age: 28 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 16 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Nikolai
Not all truths
Belong to the light
The second that the paper cleared the lip of the jar, Nikolai set about screwing the lid on tightly. Once the lid was secured, the tension bled out of the Ascended and was replaced with elation. "We did it!" Nikolai whisper-yelled at Cam. Sure enough, the wasp was secured in the jar and unharmed.

Nikolai glanced at Cam and gave them a warm smile. "Thank you so much for this. I really needed the help." Perhaps his level of gratitude was out of character, but this quest was incredibly important to the young Ascended. The wasp in their hands was the final piece and they were finally ready to visit the Voice.

Nikolai eyed the wasp with wonder, "This little guy is the last thing I need for my quest. I'm curious to see their role in it." He carefully tucked the jar away, "Thank you again Cam. If you ever need anything, please don't hesitate." They were family and Cam had done him a favor, Nikolai would do the same.

With that said, he gave a final wave and made his way out of the Atheneum. He had a shrine to visit and a quest to turn in.

-{FIN}
Some lie in wait
For you to step into the shadows