this swarm of flies
Mabel Occidendum

Age: 23 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 3 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 16 - Luck: 16 - Int:
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
MABEL

She sneered at the book, at whatever god damned tome managed to nestle itself in the confines of these men. “What the fuck is so special about your book?” Maybe it could burn like the rest of the world. Maybe it should. Her wrath curled and contorted in the midst of all the anger and hate and pain behind her eyes. Her throat should’ve been hoarse from the screaming, but gave nothing away – not when the agony was elsewhere, sinking below her skin.

Mabel shook her head, as if compelled to not say anything else. In the back of her mind, perhaps she believed they would set her free. Give her time to gauge out their eyes, and slaughter them where they stood.

Or she could make them cringe in fear over things they couldn’t have. Or knowledge that hadn’t been given or granted to them by their damned, pathetic, merciless gods. “The Core wanted us to look,” she hissed – grating it out from beyond her clenched teeth and vicious hiss. Because the New ones were superior, wiser, and infinite. There'd be no stopping them.
Let's go to war to make peace
Let's be cold to create heat
Cian ó Broin
The Eye

Age: 40 | Height: 5' 9 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: / - Strg: 20 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 19 - Int: 2
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
CIAN
the eye
"The Core..." The words are said with understanding, respect, and a dusty sort of venom. With his tongue pressed against the top of his mouth, Cian nods—first to himself, as if in silent palaver with a voice in his head—and then to Gideon.

"I believe you, Mabel. And I thank you. Honestly. I would offer you a drink to take the edge off, but.." With a regretful smile, Cian shrugs. They both know why he can't do that. "Would you like to see the Core?" He asks suddenly, his eyes glittering in the darkness. "I know where it is. I think that might be a rather fitting way to cap this all off, don't you, Gideon?" Turning toward the Priest, the Eye smiles and straightens.

"Keep her quiet, but alive. I have things to prepare. We'll go during Flowerbirth, how's that?" Cian smiles, and doesn't wait for an answer.

~FIN
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!