[se] generosity abounds
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
I will stand by you forever; you can take my breath away
Wessex laughs to herself a quiet sound that is absorbed here, even in the sharp edges of the glittering walls. It’s a private sound, the kind meant more to chide one’s self for follies instead of inviting others to find something amusing. Then again, maybe she is amusing in some way. Some ironic, fucked-up way. Staring at the different, brilliant colors, the demigod marvels for a moment before trying to find something suitable (though for whom, she can’t quite say). There’s no one in mind for this gift.

Not yet.
(Not ever)

Loki, at least, has found some amusement with the glittering facades; she likes the way they twinkle back at her, she likes the light they cast here. So does her soulmate, actually. And as Wessex takes a long chisel to a dark blue sapphire (almost black, she’d originally thought it something else), she’s almost sad to remove it.
WESSEX
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 55 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 1
PEMOTA - Mythical - Starwhale (narwhal) RAMOTH - Mythical - Dragon (Biopulse)
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
you swallowed my heart and fled, but I want it back now, baby
The Climb is the last place Nate wants to be, and yet he finds himself drawn there more and more, especially lately. This time at least is soemthing selfish, something he’s choosing. Good choices aren’t exactly something he’s good at, after all.

It doesn’t help that the twisted molten labyrinth beneath is... well, a labyrinth, the paths he should know wavering and shifting in his head, making any trip take twice as long. He knows there’s a cavern glittering with gems somewhere, and it takes him twice as long to find it as he remembers, Pemota not at all helping.

His approach isn’t subtle, Nate not bothering to hide his footsteps, and only stopping the whistle on his lips long when he hears the laugh echoing towards him. It’s human, at least, enough of a rarity in a place like this that he doesn’t worry about turning back.

Finding Wessex all alone in the bowels of the earth is a surprise, but honestly? It’s not the strangest thing Nate’s ever happened upon. The guilt that bubble up in his chest is stranger, the doctor lingering near the mouth of the cavern while Pemota rushes ahead, prodding gently at Loki with her horn. “Hey.” He says finally, working his jaw around the single syllable like he could break it down more with enough effort.
NATE
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Few footsteps alarm her these days; it would be something other that would set her on edge: the scraping of scales, the clicking of claws, the sizzling of molten blood on the ground. Footsteps? Even if they aren’t friendly, she at least knows what she’s dealing with. More or less. Twisting to look back at the entrance to the cavern, the Wraith listens attentively for a moment, trying to suss out any discerning sounds.

Alas, there are none, and with a simple request for Loki to watch their backs, she returns to her chipping, hitting the chisel with a mallet again, the clink against the gemstone sharper than her laugh.

To her credit, Loki watches. But when Pemota appears, she loses much of her focus and leaps forward to meet the starwhale, a gentle buffet of her wings meant to surround the companion in a dragon-type hug. Wessex also turns, the burst of affection from Loki signaling a friend - and there are few enough of those these days. Nate isn’t who she expects (but who, exactly, does she expect?), and she can’t hide her mild surprise. If there is guilt or tension in him, it seems no more than usual, and she is not privy to the other goings on in his life, so the Wraith offers him an easy, crooked half-grin and nods. “Hey.”
WESSEX
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Pemota tolerates the hug until they start to sink slowly to the ground, the starwhal shaking off dragons wings and rising again. Her staticky glow reflects off the glittering faceted walls, throwing faint lights in every direction.

Nates shoulders drop as Wessex returns the greeting, a huff of useless breath pushed out of him with it. He steps deeper into the cave, eyes lingering in her for a moment longer before he grins, as throws his gaze around the cavern. “Didn’t think I’d run into you in a place like this.” His hand lifts to tap absently on a gem that protrudes from the wall past the ones around it.

So,” he hums, trying to not be obvious about the way his eyes fall back onto his fellow Demi-god. “I assume the uh, the giant fuck off snake thing didn’t... didn’t go well?
NATE
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Change author:
Flashing Nate a quick, curious glance when he says he wasn’t expecting her here, Wessex finds herself a bit puzzled. “Really? I can go just about anywhere…” A fact that seems obvious to her, all the time.

Turning back to hit the crystal again, one dislodges with a heavy chink sound and drops to the ground.Technically I told Sunjata I’d get you something shiny or sparkly because he was kind enough to let me borrow a shift from him. But I don’t know, these might look better on Isla…” Musing aloud as she picks up the dark sapphire and holds it up to the light, she feigns scrutiny of Nate’s face when she turns and tries to imagine him with the pretty thing.

Once she’s stopped that, the General shrugs, obviously disappointed. “No one died. I ended up turned to stone for a bit and the tunnels collapsed, but other than that - the worst thing is that I feel like we’re behind. Time is ticking. And we got nothin’” And as their self-proclaimed protector, that makes her feel more like shit than anything else.
WESSEX
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Change author:
"Obviously. Nate mutters, his brows pulling together. "But if you can be anywhere, why would I expect you to be here?" The Climb was a death trap at the best of times; if it wasn't for the specific vision in his mind, he wouldn't even be here.

He shops through the crystalline growths on the walls, searching for something specific, something that he's not quite settled on. Something that he'll know when he sees. Wessex's voice has his head swinging back towards her, tilting to the side with a grin. "You sure? I look good with somethin' that dangles." A hand rises to tug at the current earring that hangs from his ear, the silvery point dangling in Pemota's

"As long as we keep it to ourselves, we should be able to come back. Try again with a little more firepower." Time is ticking, but that doesn't mean they're out of it. Not yet at least. We'll regroup for that and... the Prince." Nate grimaces, and turns back towards the walls, reaching up to tap at a shimmery, purplish stone. It catches the light in a way he likes, and his hand closes around it, Nate trying to simply snap it away from the wall. "We'll have to check out the Last Step. Soon."
NATE
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Change author:
They could probably debate this for days and just go ‘round and ‘round in circles. Where is Wessex? Where ought she be, if she’s being a good little demigod? And so on and so forth. Pointless, really. But then so many things she does these days seem pointless.

"One for each of you, maybe," she says, turning back to the crystalline walls. "And Bastien, of course. Wouldn't want the vainest of us left empty handed," it's light-hearted, of course. Her fondness for The Dionysian has grown since he stepped up to the plate. Reaching up to chip a dark red garnet from the wall this time, she nods at the mention of the snake (little does she know that's well out of her control and never was within it) and the Last Step.

"Sam is back in the Grounds. We could go tomorrow night if you can be ready." There is little doubt in her mind that Sam will be free, so it's up to her and Nate to clear their schedules.
WESSEX
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Change author:
"I don't think he'd ever let you live it down if you did." Nate laughs, his hands stilling around the gem he picked while his thoughts turn to their fellow ascended. He had a dramatic streak a mile wide, and it was nothing but familiar and comforting. "It'd look good if the three of you had something that matched. As the uh... leaders, I guess." He suggests, grin angling towards Wessex lazily, lingering for a moment before he returns to his struggle, a hand reaching for his pocket and looking for something that might help him.

Sam's back? Nate's head perks up, but he tries to keep his voice casual. "Back from where?" As for heading out immediately. "Don't you think it would be better to wait until after Longnight? Just... Just in case?"
NATE
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Change author:
Me? Incredulous, and thoroughly bemused, Wessex makes a face and shakes her head. “I could go for another tattoo, maybe, but I’m not the jewelry type. Henry gave me something I actually liked, once, but…” Her shaking head takes on another tone, and as the Wraith trails off, it’s clear that wearing that piece simply reminds her of people she’d rather not think of. Or can’t. Another person she’d liked, trusted, just - gone.

Maybe she’d wear it into battle. Die in it.

A clink sends a fire opal to the ground and as she bends down to pocket it, she is able to hide an immediate look of disappointment. She rises, looks as Nate, and nods. “Sure. I have to go to the Voice first to turn in a quest, but after that - let’s go. And if I don’t come back within in a day or two of Flowerbirth’s start, go without me.” There’s too much to do and the thought of delaying sends a mental ping of panic through her head.

“He said he’d been looking for the Prince elsewhere. Mourn and the Feverlands, I think?” she shrugs. They hadn’t gotten into his reasoning behind those particular places, though the Feverlands might make sense with all the much and the slime.

"You still got a shift from Sunjata?" she asks suddenly.
WESSEX
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Change author:
"No?" There's the edge of a laugh in Nate's voice, his head shaking. He throws a look over his shoulder, eyes bright even in the dim light of the caves, Pemota's glittering, refracted light still throwing dancing patterns along the walls. "I think you could off something sparkly. Y'know, in that scary as shit, boss kinda way."

He's turned away again, missing the disappointment but feeling his own as he finally frees the gem he'd been fighting with, shorter than he'd wanted. "We'll get him found. We know where he is, and... someone has to know what to do at this point, right?" Sam, presumably, but who knows.

Wessex's question has Nate turning to face her properly, brows lifting in a silent question. He takes a moment before he answers, working something over his head and then grinning. "Whatcha need it for?" He asks, slipping his freed gem into his pocket and sauntering closer to his fellow demi-god, wrist already lifting to be offered out.
NATE
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Change author:
Now it’s her turn to laugh, more full-bodied than a mere chuckle. “I’ll keep that in mind.” For a day when she might need to wear something nicer than her usual leathers - or wants the last glimpse of her to be fierce as fuck. For now, though, she starts to lay her spread of shinies on the floor and pulls some fine, golden wire from a random pocket.

Gold is pretty soft and easy to work with and though the efforts may be clumsier than anything they’d get in the marketplace, Wessex is trying something new “Make a wish with him, maybe? Take him to the top step? Push him off? Who fucking knows.” Musing about the Prince, the demigoddess can only surmise about their oldest half-sibling and the obsession that’s centered around him.

But before she gets down to the actual crafting, Nate offers his arm. A little surprised (though she probably shouldn’t be), Wessex takes it. “LongNight. I’m not sure the monsters are gone and if we have to fight again, I’d rather just dragon out against them.” And since there’s no signs of preparing, it seems like the best idea at the moment.

Sinking her teeth into his wrist, Wessex drinks, and their world spins madly on.

{fin}
WESSEX