[RQ] what reflects back
Maeve
Jack Barclay
Captain of the Ark

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 7 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 21 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 7 - Int:
SEVEN - Mythical - Sear Cat
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3081
JACK
see me falling
yeah, down and lonely
Kicking his heel back against the side of the fountain, Jack hates to admit it but there is a sense of peace here. And peace isn't something easily obtained in Torchline in general; even less so for a man like Jack. But with his tea and with the babble of the fountain and the dappled sunshine, fuck, it's almost like the paradise people say Torchline is. "The circumstances bein' that pesky war," he guesses, finishing his tea and setting the cup down.

"Stirrin' the pot ain't the problem, it's when people realise you're doin' it," he points out. "Safehouse might be popular, through." Most people in Torchline were selfish - Jack included - and knowing there was a place nearby to keep their own asses safe first would probably go down a storm. "Maybe you could even ask Safrin for a shield for the islands."
are the angels on their way?
i’m in the dirt
Jack being an Abandoned is common knowledge these days, however his Telepathy remains a well-kept secret:

Magic: Passive Telepathy | The user can read the surface thoughts and emotions of those within a 30ft radius. Control is excellent. Note: "Thoughts and emotions" include anything written in a character's narration in a post.
Type: Grey | Rank: Mastered

Also branded with a small star tattoo beneath his left eye.

Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Maeve
We'll never get free
Lamb to the slaughter
"That incredibly pesky war." Maeve sighs in confirmation, leaning back comfortably on her hand, eyes shifting over to Jack as they both fall into a sort of ease. The waves reach them here, softer than when down by the shore, mixing with the babbling of the fountain and the breeze rustling through the garden. Her foots bobs lightly as she lounges at the edge of the fountain along with him.

"Any choice I make right now when it comes to something for the region will be scrutinized. Even the most innocent thing can be read as a threat. As something to keep them out." Them being the Ascended. Maeve doesn't care one way or another. Whether they're around or not. About the Voice. Although her position means she must and a part of her does. Just not to the same extent as others. "Not like the barrier we have during monsoon season, but something bigger? What would it do?" A safehouse was her initial thought, but maybe he has something else in mind.
What you gon' do when there's blood in the water?
Jack Barclay
Captain of the Ark

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 7 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 21 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 7 - Int:
SEVEN - Mythical - Sear Cat
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3081
JACK
see me falling
yeah, down and lonely
Jack's morals and scruples are such that he has no problem kicking the Ascended to the curb now that he's made his deals with Safrin. The starry goddess beat the Voice to the punch when it came to getting him what he wants, and so it's only good business to give her what she wants now, in return. In the coming days, Jack will likely wonder if that's why he's really here, sitting and talking politics with Maeve. To deliver to the goddess in some way.

"If that's the case, you may as well do the thing that will get the most benefit to the islands," he remarks, stretching his arms above his head and rising to his feet; with the fountain purified, he assumes his work is done here regardless. "A safehouse'll get the people on side. A shield will stop anyone knockin' at Torchline's door without prior warnin'. Me? I'd make a big, fat weapon out of the Aumakua." Snorting, he shrugs. "I'm sure your clever brain'll come up with somethin'."
are the angels on their way?
i’m in the dirt
Jack being an Abandoned is common knowledge these days, however his Telepathy remains a well-kept secret:

Magic: Passive Telepathy | The user can read the surface thoughts and emotions of those within a 30ft radius. Control is excellent. Note: "Thoughts and emotions" include anything written in a character's narration in a post.
Type: Grey | Rank: Mastered

Also branded with a small star tattoo beneath his left eye.

Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Maeve
We'll never get free
Lamb to the slaughter
All of it has some merit and Maeve hums in consideration, standing to join him as she extends a hand to take the Captain's arm, guiding him towards the exit of the garden. "All of it is worth thinking about." She says with a hum, giving Jack one more smile as she releases him with a brushed kiss to his cheek, drawing back from his so he might take another step towards the exit. With thoughts of what to ask their goddess for next swirling in her head, Maeve moves back towards the fountain, settling on the edge with a heavy sigh.

There was so much to consider. So many factors. Maeve only hopes that she'll make the choice that will benefit the islands the most. The Greatwood has had plenty to keep the Ascended out. Would it be so bad if they did the same here? She wasn't so sure.

~FIN <3~
What you gon' do when there's blood in the water?