Training in the machinery of night
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
W E S S E X
It’s a clever move, and if there’s one thing the General loves, it’s cleverness. Thus far, Phi had demonstrated it in spades (don’t tell anyone, but for that alone they’re quickly rising in the ranks of her favorite siblings) and every new instance has the demigod delighted again.

It’s a smart idea and against someone her own strength and size, it might have worked well, but Wessex is… not that. For all her gentleness in training, it still isn’t easy to actually move her. Nevertheless, she thrusts her chest out of the way and sort of pushes the scythe forward, to try and keep Phi at bay. Even if they’re able to get their hand on the handle, Wessex calls out, “Hold.”

Stilling herself as well, she looks at her sibling with a small smile. “Okay, tell me what’s dangerous about this position here.” They’ve got Wessex out of reach, the scythe handle pressing them away, and the curved blade smiling wickedly up at them, just about shin height.
The Wraith

Code blatantly stolen from the fantastical, wonderful Odd
Ophelia Athanasia
Emissary

Age: 29 | Height: 5'3 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 8 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 5 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9667
Ophelia

Ophelia may have been freed of their chains by The Voice, but they are still trained with the expectation of total obedience. Though it is not their father's voice uttering the command, they still as if motion is a long lost concept, poised frozen in their stance. Wessex's small smile finally causes them to blink, as if coming back to themself, and they smile back for a moment. But there is a question to be answered, and Ophelia's eyes trace the tangle of their limbs and weapons.

"Though I wouldn't necessarily feel it, you could remove my leg with enough force if the blade was sharp enough." It's still novel, the idea that they could so easily be dismembered and continue living. "I also would have to move to hand-to-hand here, since I wasn't able to shove you back." There is no disappointment in their tone, only expectation as their eyes return to Wessex, hoping their answer is satisfactory - and trusting the General will follow up with some sort of lesson or correction.
With your naive heart you praise God above
But how's it working for you honey? Do you feel loved?
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
W E S S E X
“Exactly,” Wessex confirms. “Or if I’m quick enough and have the right angle, even decapitate you.” She isn’t quite smiling, and far more glib at pointing out potential death than she should be, but she is, nonetheless, pleased. “But I was genuinely surprised, so well done on that.”

Now since Astor can’t count and thought they were both done but that isn’t the case Wessex starts to gently press against the scythe and therefore, against Phi as well. “And we’re here, so let’s go with it. How do you get out of this position?” She isn’t going to fuck with the blade in a training session - just making their sibling aware of the danger is enough right now. Providing a bit of tension and something to fight against is all she wants to do to continue to make them think on their own.
The Wraith

Ophelia Athanasia
Emissary

Age: 29 | Height: 5'3 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 8 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 5 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9667
Ophelia

They may be dulled to the idea of death for different reasons, but it's better than the alternative of being at odds, glibness landing wrong. In fact Ophelia glows like a miniature sun at Wessex's simple compliment, fangs on full display with the force of their grin. It's a bit trickier to think their way out of this new position, but is that not what training is meant for? Improving and repeating over and over until it was muscle memory.

"If your weapon was not enforced, I could snap it or bury the blade into the ground if I kicked down," they muse aloud, the machine nature of what had once been lungs ensuring they do not sound breathless even as Wessex starts pressing forward with insistent pressure. "Otherwise-" Ophelia plants their hands on the General's shoulders, and with all their might leaps high to clear the scythe and boost themself backwards and away with feet to the Wraith's chest. It's the most unexpected thing they can consider - if they were a bit taller, perhaps they would have hooked a leg 'round Wessex's neck to bring her down, but for now they do not have that superhuman level of musculature and power that the older Ascended have.
With your naive heart you praise God above
But how's it working for you honey? Do you feel loved?
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Change author:
W E S S E X
Neither confirming nor denying Ophelia’s assessment of potential actions available to them, Wessex continues her full press against her student, against the weapon, creating some kind of opposition for them to work against.

And then Phi is bouncing backwards, getting themselves out of the shitty situation in what is probably, again, the most unusual way. Is it the smartest? Who’s to say, but that wasn’t the question asked. Pulling up to keep herself from falling forward from the lack of something to press against, Wessex just shakes her head and chuckles. “Keep working on the whip. You’ve got a good baseline and your improvisational skills are great.” She won’t say it, but some of their siblings could learn a thing or two from their youngest…

“Let me know when you want to work again and we can switch, yeah?” And with that, Wessex goes to replace the scythe with the other weapons, but not quite ready to say goodbye to Phi. Perhaps they can spend some more time together.

{fin}
The Wraith