don't threaten me with a good time
Mateo Taliesin
Botanist

Age: 23 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 17 - Int: 0
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3061
Mateo
who are these people?
I just woke up in my underwear
"It is absolutely necessary. You have a beautiful shape to your lips, and the world needs to see it. It's why I made you trim your beard back," Mateo remarks with a smirk, carefully applying the lipstick and sitting back, turning Ever's head this way and that and nodding. "I think you're about done," he tells him, "even if you're playing with a makeup brush that has glitter all over it."

Grabbing some setting spray and abruptly directing it at Ever's face - asking him to close his eyes and mouth halfway through, oops - Mateo claps his hands together and is officially done with his friend. "Okay, time to get dressed! Out, out! You can't see me before I am ready!" Dropping the spray, he dramatically starts to shoo the other man out of the room.
no liquor left on the shelf
I should probably introduce myself
Everest Hart
Aviator

Age: 22 | Height: 5'11" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 6 - Strg: 27 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 5 - Int: 0
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
Everest
It's true. Ever hasn't been this tidied-up since the last outbreak at work when the staff had to where N-95 masks with a full seal. This isn't as bad, but he does feel a good deal more naked with his face un-scruffed. "I don't really want people looking at my lips." He mumbles, eyes somewhere near Mateo's shoulder as he frowns. He didn't really want people looking at him, which was why a costume of all black and a mask had seemed appealing.

"I'm—wh—ah." Glancing down to see that his hand and Mateo's bed were now covered in lilac glitter, the paramedic hisses in a breath. Luckily none of the glitter was sticking to the slick leather of his pants, but that hardly made him feel better. '—AH!—Wh—' Gulping and closing his eyes against the setting spray, Ever is surprised to suddenly be jostled out. "But—" But of course Mateo isn't listening, and suddenly the paramedic finds himself in full makeup, on the other side of a recently-slammed door.

Frowning, Ever wanders into the kitchen to pack them snacks for later (protein, lots of water, aspirin), as well as his notebook, before carefully tugging on his shirt. Despite hating wearing makeup, Ever is meticulous in his efforts to keep his friend's creation intact. That said, he can't help but frown at his reflection as he studies himself in the mirror.
I was a dead man walking,
with bloodshot eyes—right place, wrong time.
Mateo Taliesin
Botanist

Age: 23 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
Mateo
who are these people?
"Well then you shouldn't have put such a bright shade of lipstick on them," Mateo tuts, as if his friend has had anything at all to do with the choice. But now everything is covered in lilac glitter and he's ushering Everest out of the room, slamming the door in his wake. While his roommate gets their survival pack together, Mateo meticulously puts away his makeup and fluffs out the bedsheets and pillows so that at least the glitter will fall evenly when he eventually gets into said bed later (probably).

Slipping into his black tuxedo as if it's like a second skin, Mateo does a sneaky line on his desk before he triumphantly steps back out into the apartment, giving Petunia an affectionate scritch behind the ear that she accepts with a resentful swipe. "Readyyyy!" he announces, moving to collect up his bedazzled golden antler mask, intending to put it on once they are safely out of the house. "Shall we, Mister Frontman?"
Everest Hart
Aviator

Age: 22 | Height: 5'11" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
Everest
"Ready." Ever agrees dutifully, but without enthusiasm. His geometric black mask is tucked under one arm and with his free hand, he's tracking the arrival of their Uber. "Remember. Please don't have sex with any of my coworkers." Knowing his request wasn't likely to hold much sway with his friend, he nevertheless adds, "And that includes just fooling around with them." A blowjob in a closet was as bad as a nurse waking up in their apartment. Worse, even.

The ride to the hospital is quick, and though Ever is reluctant for this night to properly begin, he still hustles out of the Uber after leaving a generous tip. "Okay Mr. VIP." Carefully putting his mask on, Ever finds that actually, he feels significantly more relaxed. "How do I look? Can you tell it's me?" Swathed in a black shirt and cloak and very un-Ever pants, even his blue eyes look dark and mysterious from behind his mask.
Mateo Taliesin
Botanist

Change author:
Mateo
who are these people?
Mateo is already opening his mouth as if to object when Everest, naturally, bats away his technicalities with ease. Huffing and rolling his eyes hard enough that he's at risk of smudging his eyeshadow, he sweeps out of the apartment after him. The streets are alight with festivities; grinning pumpkins, orange and black streamers and fake cobwebs seem to fill every street corner, and the clubs are already packed.

But they drive away from all of that (booo, says Mateo, booooo), and soon he's hussling out of the door of the Uber and slipping his mask over his face as well. "You look positively unlike yourself," he informs him. "Very devilish. Let's go!" He takes Ever's arm, because of course the Frontman ought to be the one leading, and also he has no idea where he's going. "Is your boss going to be here? The one who hates me?"
Everest Hart
Aviator

Change author:
Everest
Ever isn't so sure that devilish is the look that he's going for, but not looking like himself? That he can work with. Also unsure about whether or not he does want to propagate the rumour that he and Mateo are dating, Ever nevertheless adjusts his arm in Mateo's grip and leads him inside. The party is held in the Hart room, so named after Ever's mother, the late October Hart. "Yes, somewhere he will be. He mentioned something about putting together one of those dunk-tanks for charity." Would ruining his makeup serve as a suitable excuse for not partaking? God, Ever hoped so.

"Ooohohh, don't you boys look nice." Quips a predictably slutty kitty-cat costumed blonde. "Maria." Ever says politely, recognizing her even if she couldn't recognize him. "Everest? Jesus is that you?" This is probably some sort of insult, but the paramedic just nods stiffly from beneath his mask. "Maria, this is my roommate Mateo. Mateo, Maria is one of our anesthesiologists."
Mateo Taliesin
Botanist

Change author:
Mateo
who are these people?
"A dunk tank? No thank you," Mateo says easily, snagging a cup of punch on the way into the venue and sipping at it as he trundles along beside his friend. "Remember, as long as you show your face to a couple people, we can leave whenever you're ready," he informs him, managing another slorp of his drink before a lovely little kitty-cat comes to say hello. An anasthesioloblabla as well - Mateo is impressed.

"Nice to meet you," he croons, lifting his glass in a toast and promptly finishing it off, abandoning it on an empty tray. "If I dare to say so, you're probably the finest pussy in the room."
Everest Hart
Aviator

Change author:
Everest
The woman rolls her eyes, but not in a way she's at all slighted by Mateo's comment. "oooh, he goes for the low hanging fruit, mmmm? Careful, or I'll knock you out." Maria grins proudly as if one bad joke required another.

Feeling his stomach turn, Ever looks over his shoulder, spying a Barney Flinstone, a gaggle of zombies, and an—'oh, no..'

"Squid game! Hell yeah!" A group of young surgical students, the frat boys of the medical world, strut over. In green hoodies with various numbers (2 456's and shockingly a 218 and a very smug-looking 101), one clapped Ever hard enough on the back to make him half-stumble forward, while another winked at Mateo. "What a fuckin' show, huh?" One of the residents said while the one with the 101 hoodie grinned. "I'd win that game for sure. I'd leave all you losers to die." He said with an incredibly handsome smile.
Mateo Taliesin
Botanist

Change author:
Mateo
who are these people?
"Oh, and she's got claws. Forgive me, bella, I forgot I was speaking to a doctor," Mateo says with a bright smile, already looking around for another drink to steal when Ever's remark, however quiet, sneaks in through his ears. "Mm...?" Turning, he finds themselves surrounded by a gaggle of people he doesn't know - which is to say, very much Mateo's forte.

"You think?" he counters 101. "You sure about that? You're not wearing the winner's hoodie," he points out. "You're the one who pisses himself on game 5 and gets killed because he won't move forward." How Mateo manages to make it sound jovial when it's quite obviously a dig is beyond him, but it's bolstered by the laughter of the other students.

"Anyway, I'm a VIP and I gotta get a drink. 'Scuse me, players." He nudges Ever, as if to tell him to lead them away.
Everest Hart
Aviator

Change author:
Everest
Maria's jaw drops as Mateo effortlessly and was that an accent she heard?, shuts Colin, aka 101, up. 'Yeah..well, this is a different game, and.." Wondering if he was going to have to give Mateo stitches tonight, Ever is relieved with the ease withwhich is friend negotiates an exit for them. "As you wish." He says as if Mateo really is a VIP for whom he is helpless to serve.

Walking stiffly until they're at the punch table, Ever exhales a rush of air that his mask fails to dull completely. "I usually try and steer clear of them." He mumbles. Most of the residents treated the paramedic staff with due respect, but every so often and especially among the surgeons, there was a group of them who thought paramedics were glorified bus drivers who were rarely capable of doing anything of use.

"My eyes are itchy." Ever confesses as he picks up a glass of punch and turns it in his hands. From across the table comes a small, "Hi Ever." There stands a rather shy looking woman, dressed as Kaylee from Firefly. In her ill-fitting overalls and with fake grease smeared across her cheeks, she looks painfully adorable and out of place compared to most of the costumes on display. "Oh. Hi. I...thought you were working tonight." Ever mumbles, and though his mask hides it, it somehow sounds like there's colour in his cheeks.

He also completely forgets that Mateo is next to him.
Mateo Taliesin
Botanist

Change author:
Mateo
who are these people?
With the gesture equivalent of an mmhm, kk, buh-bye, Mateo follows Ever to the punch table and detaches from him enough to try and get a drink amid the jelly eyeballs and other shit floating in the punch bowl. He's in the process of inhaling one of said eyeballs when he gets to witness a truly eye-watering display of cuteness, thumping himself on the chest to dislodge the eye in his throat.

"How could you tell it was him?" he asks with a cheerful smile. "You must be very good with body language. I'm Mateo, Ever's roommate." He holds out a hand for the woman to shake. "I like your costume. We had a watch party of Firefly just the other week, didn't we? How come you didn't invite your friend, Ever? Wasn't much of a party with just the two of us." Mateo had cried at the end, but that much is obvious.
Everest Hart
Aviator

Change author:
Everest
The girl, looking bewildered for a moment and then bashful, nods toward Ever's shoes. Given they were hidden at the moment by the table between them, she must have noticed them earlier. "I recognized his shoes. Ever is the only one who has those." Those being a very respectful and comfortable pair of laceless black boat shoes. "Comfortable footwear is important." Ever protests, as the woman reaches forward and returns Mateo's handshake with a strong grip.

"You did? Ever, why didn't you tell me?" She chimes brightly almost at the same time as Mateo, her real freckles darkening beneath the fake ones she had added. "You were working. Also, you didn't ask." Ever replies, before turning to glare at Mateo (not that he could see it). "She was working." He repeats for his friend's benefit.

'Well, Petunia was there.' The paramedic points out, and not that he notices, but the girl seems to wilt somewhat. "Petunia?" She asks, smiling doubtfully.
Mateo Taliesin
Botanist

Change author:
Mateo
who are these people?
"You didn't change your shoes?" Mateo sounds almost crushed by this, muttering mio dio under his breath and knocking back some more punch. "You wear a mask, but your shoes? God forbid," he grumbles. As for why Ever didn't tell her - or Mateo, for that matter - he can only let out an exaggerated sigh. "Mia cara, he hasn't even told me your name. I can only imagine the secrets he keeps locked up behind those shapely lips." The punch is strong. Does it show?

"Petunia is our cat, and she doesn't like Firefly. I did try to explain the nuances to her, but she wasn't interested." Looking into his second empty glass, he lifts his eyes back to the two wallflowers. "Want to bust out of here and get wasted?"
Everest Hart
Aviator

Change author:
Everest
'What if there was an emergency?' Ever counters, his perfectly sculpted brows raising behind his mask. "They're black. I thought it worked." He adds, glancing down at his footwear uncertainly. Black was black was black...right?

Giggling a touch (the punch was strong, and this particular wallflower had been watering her roots with it for a while now), she holds her hand out again even though they'd just shook. "I'm Caroline, but everyone calls me Cara."

Ever, still rolling his cup in his hands, says no at the same time Cara says sure! Red-cheeked beneath his mask, the paramedic does his best to silently communicate with his friend. How Mateo could learn the latin names of his flowers but not be able to manage morse code was beyond him. "Don't we have that thing, though?" He asks, just as a bunch of flashes go off by the doors. Outside cameras are blinking like its the 4th of July, as Dr. Lockwood enters dressed as the statue of liberty, followed by a man in a gorilla suit.