[se] the light always there
for Milo!
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Age: 26 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 57 - Dext: 58 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 57 - Int: 1
FANGORN - Mythical - Vampire Gourd SILA - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 9824
MELITA
Familiar with the outline of Apopo, and the destruction it had once unfurled, the youth still didn’t choose any cautious as she meandered along the bottom proportions. Strolling along where the surf and swell met the sand, and then glancing upwards towards the remains of volcanic proportions, beds of ash and dirt, fertile soil inclining to the sky, the youth shrugged, pondered over the roots of her whereabouts. Her bag traipsed and bounded against her sides, full of the gifts she’d been intending to extend whenever a suitable time was found.

Humming some ridiculous song she’d heard at the bar, she eventually curtailed into grabbing hold of more driftwood, and piling it up along the beach so she could muster some decent fire. Fangorn came along, and together they amounted a decent collection for her orchestrated flames. “There we go!” She announced to the gourd once the flint had been cast and the embers lit, dusting off her hands with no modesty.

Thereafter, she crouched down and up-ended the bag, glancing at what she’d assembled. Some were for Nate, some were for Milo, and some were for various other purposes. The honeybee wrinkled her nose, pondering all the while, as her gourd starting calling to someone, or something, approaching upon the horizon.
This is a gift, it comes with a price
Who is the lamb and who is the knife?
Midas is king and he holds me so tight
And turns me to gold in the sunlight
Milo Kydd
Smuggler

Age: 28 | Height: 5’10 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 3 - Strg: 12 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 15 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
MILO
island smiles and cardigans
these nights that we've been drinking in
It’s been a long day – one that Milo isn’t entirely sure what to do with. How he ended up here on Apopo is as good a guess as any, but he has some thought behind it that seems to suggest that it’s purely because he’d gotten lost in thought and realized he had picked a path and stuck to it until he’d ended up here. So might as well make the most of it, right? He’s found a few fun trinkets to keep, things that weigh his pockets down. There’s a pretty feather from a toucan, a few shiny rocks that look like there might be geodes within them, and a few other little nice looking leaves he’d snuck away from the ground.

That’s about the time he walks up a bit further, squinting to see Fangorn calling out to him – his bronze gaze darting between Melita and Fangorn as it registers and he offers them an easier smile than he’s offered anyone else in a while. “Oh hi Melita.” He murmurs, offering a wave.
we're here to help you kill all of this hurt
that you've been harboring
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Age: 26 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
MELITA
Her eyes took in the approaching figure, and then she subsequently laughed. Ironic, coincidental, or entirely on purpose – it was difficult to surmise or say – but the notions were appreciated nonetheless. Quickly and efficiently, while Fangorn bounded and bobbed along the sand to meet up with the fellow smuggler, Melita tucked away all the objects, back into her bag, for later moments. Then she strode out to meet them.

A hearty wave and an effervescent smile curled and conformed. “Hello! What brings you out here?” The vampire gourd shimmied his vines around, maybe a coaxing gesture for Milo to come join them by the flames again, though Melita was sorely lacking in marshmallows for this go around. “I was inspecting my latest rock haul,” applying her own actions before he could even inquire, before skipping and frolicking down the lanes below the volcanic dominion.
Milo Kydd
Smuggler

Age: 28 | Height: 5’10 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
MILO
There’s something soothing about the way Fangorn moves toward him, vines flailing, the rumbled invitation something that Milo certainly decides to take him up on. And provided he gets close enough, he aims to reach down and offer a nice little pat of greeting to the gourd’s side. The second he does, though, his gaze lifts to Melita and he finds a small smile crossing his face, deciding to join her regardless of what plans he’d had otherwise (as if he had any in the first place). “Was jus’ thinkin’. Didn’ realize I ended up here when I did.” He shrugs, shoving it off for now.

As for what she’s there for, he nods and reaches into his pockets for a few of the nice little ones he’d picked up to bring home and do something with – perhaps clean them up and set them into some type of jewelry, another small little way to make a living while the Ark’s away. “Find anythin’ good in your haul?” He asks, keeping his fist closed over the rocks in his hand, awaiting her answer before he shows her the ones he’d found.
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Change author:
MELITA
Fangorn appreciated the pats and scratches wholeheartedly, relishing in them with a few grumbles and growls of contentment. Melita snorted at the antics, but patted the sand next to her, another invitation extended all the while. “At least you wandered somewhere decent.” Could’ve been somewhere beyond – threatening, and not so diverting. But the honeybee didn’t ask what he was pondering about – her question about Aurelia stirred behind her teeth, and only out of concern, but saved it in the back of her mind.

As for her haul? “Oh, yes! Paige and I went to Rainbow Road and scouted out quite a few nice ones.” Here, she unfurled the contents: the bright ruby reds, glistening in the sun, the gilded factions sparkling like gold, the greens, the blues, pointing them out, waiting for some approval, hiding the other thing nestled in her bag.
Milo Kydd
Smuggler

Change author:
MILO
Gods he shouldn’t admit how relieved he is that Fangorn appreciates the pats and the scratches, and truthfuly he’d sit there all day just to give the gourd some if he could get away with it. But he can’t, so he focuses on everything else – such as Melita’s rock haul, similar ones weighing down his pockets that he moves to withdraw, keeping within a closed fist. “True.” Milo chuckles, a crooked grin spreading across his face.

But he draws closer, inspecting the rocks she extends out – seeing the way the light shines and glimmers from each of the stones of varying colors – marbled veins of gold that spread through a few while others remain vibrant. “Ooooh.” Milo murmurs, bronze gaze lifting from her hand to her face, approval clearly written on his face. “Those’r pretty. Got plans for ‘em?” He asks briefly, before extending his hand and rolling it over, unfurling his fingers from the fist he’d made to reveal the geodes he’d found, with dark plain edges and cracked sparkling purple and pink insides.
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Change author:
MELITA
Melita arched her brow again, watching for the weight of his approval. Justifiably so, because while she rarely gave a single shit about what others thought of her, or what she’d snagged, considering a majority of those similar rocks had been placed on his gift mattered. Content with the response, her grin matched the effervescence buzzing and humming around her. “These are for Nate,” and she pointed at the gathered proportions of deep red, fiery crimson, emblazoned with sentiments of fire he could no longer touch, but certainly have. “I might use the others for something else.” She shrugged, fingers snaking towards her bag again.

Except to be distracted by his findings – head instantly whipping towards his outstretched hand, and the array held within. One digit hovered, wanting to reach but awaiting permission – mouth dropping into a slack jawed sentiment of wonder and awe. “Those are lovely!” Especially the plainer outsets – jagged and serrated enough to reveal beauty and enthrallment inside. Her gaze turned towards his, infinitely curious. “Where did you find them?”
Milo Kydd
Smuggler

Change author:
MILO
Nate?” Milo comments with a tilt of his head. “The uh… Doctor, right? Didn’ know y’two were close.” He should’ve guessed but he’d been a little wrapped up in things. And while Aurelia had been friends with both Sunjata and Nate, he hadn’t. He’d helped Nate with a seer cat once, but not until after he’d used his summoning magic to fuck with the Ascended a little bit. Either way, last he saw, Nate had both eyes again. So something must’ve worked.

His outstretched palm opens up to reveal his own haul and he grins as Melita’s surprise crosses her face. Milo nods to let her inspect the stones, knowing she wouldn’t simply steal them from him, and when she asks where he’d found them he simply shrugs. “Found ‘em hangin’ off a boulder headin’ up here. Next t’a river I think.” He’s seen them around, especially in the markets, but he’d never quite asked where the merchants had gotten them. The best he’s got so far is these ones he’d found beside a river, though he doesn’t know if all the rivers were like that or not.
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Change author:
MELITA
Were they still using Doctor in air quotes? She smiled again, a light trill of laughter floating through as she parsed her way through the stones, snagging one from his hand to bring it closer to her eyes. Her scrutiny wasn’t a harsh one, and she was momentarily distracted from the subject matter, nodding along as if it were normal circumstances. “Mhm. He’s my uncle.” Her gaze went to the sharp, cutting patterns in between pockets of purple; portions of lavender wrapped around grey, harsh stone. “Very nice,” the honeybee commended once more – the pleasant grin enfolding along her features, before returning the rock to Milo’s palm. She’d have to remember the notions of such a river, if she were to snag some for herself.

Then, as if she’d forgotten (well, she might have in between curiosities), she made a small gasp. “Oh! I have something for you!” Her fingers retrieved the bedazzled spyglass from her bag, holding it for him to behold and see; adorned in every hue she’d found along the stretches of the Rainbow Road, the stones affixed with resin, sure to stay put on long expeditions within the salty sea.
Milo Kydd
Smuggler

Change author:
MILO
Oh.” Milo says with a slight start, gaze snapping to Melita as his brows inch together. They look nothing alike, and idly he wonders if she means Sunjata though he doesn’t feel it necessary to poke and prod. Luckily for him, the rocks he’d found are ample enough to distract her from the rest of everything else and he greedily leaps onto it. Though, not as greedily as he does when she says she’s got something for him.

His brows are still pinched together and he shuffles a bit closer to her, waiting to see what she comes up with. Turns out it’s like a bedazzled spyglass and the grin that spreads across his face is the brightest and lightest it’s been in months – ever since Aurelia’s disappearance and before, ever since he’d come back from the Ark and everything had gone wrong. He carefully reaches for it, inspecting it with a light airy laugh of excitement. “Gods, Mel, y’didn’t need t’get me nothin.” He mutters, but there’s a glimmer in his gaze that’s bright when he peers back at her. “S’real nice. Real shiny too. Gonna be a beacon.” He mumbles, lifting it to his eye so that he can scan the rest of the flat expanse of Apopo that’s there.

When he’s satisfied with that, he lowers it and looks back at her, still surprisingly bright. “Thank you, Mel. This’s great.
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Change author:
MELITA
Ignoring the oh and choosing not to go deeper into the bizarre situations of relatives, especially as of late, she merely waited to see the reaction. He probably hadn’t needed another spyglass, but she was hoping it would count for something. Could act as a replacement. A backup, in case the other broke. Something useful and beneficial for forged lives at sea. Her eyes wandered, before shooting back to his face, waiting for some sentiment of reaction. So when he smiled, an ebullient grin, she gave her own, content and satisfied. “Eh, you put up with my shit. You probably deserved something.” A shrug of her shoulders followed, perhaps to indicate it wasn’t a big deal.

While he tried it out, she snorted. “Don’t let Jack have it.” Magpie man. But she lifted her gaze out over the sea too, without her own spyglass, watching as the tide rolled in, carried along rivulets in the same rhythmical patterns as before. “You’re welcome,” the honeybee chirped in return, the depths of her brightness lifted and volleyed, rallying in its ferocity, rather than every other enraged sentiment.
Milo Kydd
Smuggler

Change author:
MILO
Oh he plans on making it the number one in his spyglass arsenal. If for nothing else because it was a gift, followed closely by he fully intends to strike some jealousy from the rest of their crew mates. He can’t help the laugh that leaves him, the shrug of a shoulder, clutching the spyglass close to his chest now that he’s tried it out. “Ain’t so bad.” He assures Melita, leaning in to nudge her side playfully.

As for Jack? This inspires another bark of a laugh from the smuggler. “S’mine. Should be able t’get his own if he wants one.” There’s a dramatic roll of his eyes with it, but he settles and focuses on Melita with a brighter smile, all the frustration and worry from the previous few weeks gone for the time being with her gift.

Was gonna head back t’town. Y’wanna join me on the walk back?” He asks, his bronze gaze scanning her for her answer.
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Change author:
MELITA
She nudged back in return, rising from her position on the sand, and subsequently crouching to place all the remaining rocks and stones back into her bag. A snort followed in the quip about Jack; because she wasn’t certain the Captain would ever admit it. Regardless, with the gifts given, there were a few more to send off in letters, in packages made heavier and lighter by the bundles of what they contained and meant. “Sounds good!” Hastening forth all the bounty, assured Fangorn was following, the youth orchestrated her usual means of movement and motion, all chaos and fragments of fire, as they journeyed away from volcanic roots and back towards market squares.

{FIN}