stop light observations
Remi!!
Milo Kydd
Smuggler

Age: 28 | Height: 5’10 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 3 - Strg: 12 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 15 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
all my nightmares escaped my head
The Port is a spot Milo haunted before, but now it’s a spot he haunts on the daily. Without much else to distract him from it, he finds himself helping out with his mother a bit more between the work he has to do with the Ark. It’s notably less given that he’s part of the crew now, and he finds he does have some time to himself throughout the day. His mood is still a bit sour, but it’s getting a bit better as the weeks go on.

Today, however, it’s drizzly and cold for Torchline standards, and it’s flattened his red curls and stuck it to his forehead as he jogs from shop to shop. Eventually, though, the little list in his hand is unfolded when he reaches a spot his mother had requested he stop at, and he kind of shoves his way in through the crowd to offer the list, offering mumbled accented apologies. “S’rry.” It isn’t something that needs immediate attention but it is something he’ll need soon. And given that this merchant knows who he is, knows his mother, it isn’t a problem to the shopkeep for Milo to cut in line to drop it off.

(Your resident shit at starters is here)
bar the door, please don't let them in

MILO
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
aúsi, nos paramas // & still we stand
Here on a mission rather than for pleasure, Remi stands riggedly in the rain with his arms crossed snuggly around his chest. The waterproofing on his jacket isn't the best, but it will do for now. It isn't as though a little rain would hurt him, but then, he also didn't want to draw an undue attention to himself.

"Hey—" Remi calls out to the boy with the keen eyes and flop of red hair. Where once upon a time his whisper might have been followed by a get the fuck to the back of the line, today's version of Remi (for however long he sticks around), nods his head that Milo might come over and have a word with him. "You seem like you know your way around here." He says of the smuggler's easy manner in the crowds, and the look of recognition between he and the shopkeeper.

THE
LULLABY

Table coding by Sky
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Milo Kydd
Smuggler

Age: 28 | Height: 5’10 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
At first he thinks about ignoring the voice that calls out to him, but he refrains the second he glances over at the man. Milo’s a smart guy and he really isn’t looking to piss anyone off today that he can’t handle. And one glance at Remi definitely seems to suggest he’s not about to win any fight there (also hello governor of past). So he drops off the list, slinks through the crowd toward Remi’s side – bronze gaze lifting ever so slightly to scan the Lullaby's face. “Aye.” He greets, before his head is tilting slightly and his hands find his pockets.

Yeah, guess y’could say that. Torchline born ‘n raised ‘n all’ve that.” He shrugs, huffing a somewhat amused laugh. “Whatcha lookin’ for?” He asks, appraising Remi anew, wondering how he might be able to help him – if he could help him, of course.

MILO
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
At this point Remi has no idea if the younger man answers him because he's polite or because he knows who Remi is (former governor, husband of a demigod, demigod himself, killer, asshole), but nor does he care. "The Arclight..." He begins, not bothering with pleasantries, as he turns his gaze and shoulders toward the ocean. "..is there a shrine down there? Near the city, perhaps?" He really should know the answer to this himself, but the ocean and the mermaids within had always fallen under a jurisdictional grey zone. During his tenure, he'd met with the leader of the mermaids and left them to their own devices.

But now that he had a pilgrimage of sorts to complete, he didn't want to try and survey the ocean's depths without some idea of what he was looking for was even there.

THE
LULLABY

Table coding by Sky
Milo Kydd
Smuggler

Change author:
The sea, as Remi begins, swarms Milo’s thoughts immediately and he’s already hooked on what things Remi might need from the ocean to a point where he’s asking whether Milo could help point him in the right direction. And the answer is one that he does know of, but mostly through stories. He’d never been there before. He was simply abandoned and the deepest he could go would be to sit down there with a manta crystal but he’d never quite had the courage to seek it out.

Yeah I know’ve one. S’under the water a few hundred feet. Though I’ve never been.” He announces, as if it might help. Remi’s a demigod and he’s immortal right? Surely he could make the journey. Milo, though, was as good as shark food the second he tried to drift down that far. And if he wasn’t? Maybe he was the gods food too. “Nev’r been t’the shrine up here either.” He shrugs, flashing Remi an apologetic smile. “I got time t’show ya the way if y’want?” At the very least he could swim out that far and hopefully Remi wouldn’t let him get eaten alive by sharks or something else (ghostwhales).

MILO
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Biting at the inside of his cheek as if the small snaps of pain help to keep him focused on Milo and not on the thousands of other thoughts vying for his attention in his mind, Remi nods. It being down a few hundred feet was hardly the description he was hoping for; not only did he already know it was surely at the bottom, but the ocean was vast, and so far this conversation wasn't narrowing his search field down.

Oh. Until it did.

"That would be great. Are you an attuned?" He asks, brow raised. "I could carry us, shifted. But it is a bit inconvenient if you can't hear me." Remi explains with a shrug. Though Torchline wasn't properly cold, the water would be brisk, Torcher or not.

THE
LULLABY

Table coding by Sky
Milo Kydd
Smuggler

Change author:
A red brow raises toward Remi at the question, before he shakes his head with a small huff of a laugh. “Nope.” He shrugs, flashing an apologetic smile toward the demigod as he starts moving, slipping through the throng of people with a well practiced movement. “Abandoned. Been one since I was small.” He pauses to cast a glance back at the ex-governor. “S’why I’ve nev’r gone t’the shrines. Ain’t gonna answer me anyway.” He offers a bit more honestly, perhaps a bit bitterly.

He shakes himself out of it, because it isn’t Remi’s fault that he’s been in a shitty mood. So instead, his steps are more pointed, guided toward the edge of the docks closest to it. “Don’t got any useful magics for th’water yet. But I got a fishin' boat.” He stops by a boat tied to the end, one with the Kydd name written in inky black along the side, eaten halfway by a host of barnacles.

Already Milo starts untying his father’s boat from the dock, preparing to slip into it with Remi and head toward the spot he’d always heard the shrine was located.

MILO
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
'Well...that might just save you a world of grief.' The alchemist says with a stiff shrug. It's easier now, with greater lengths of time between curses and incidents than before, but still something inside of his bones thaws and then immediately child. "I was an abandoned too, for a time. Or a hybrid, I suppose. And back then, shrines rarely did me any good." Did they now? That was a harder question to answer.

Following behind the younger man, Remi finds his shoulders relaxing as they leave the warble of the market-goers behind them. 'The Kydd?' He wonders, not even knowing the coppery-haired man's name let alone his surname.

THE
LULLABY

Table coding by Sky
Milo Kydd
Smuggler

Change author:
That’s precisely Milo’s thoughts on the matter too, and to hear the old Governor agree with him, the young smuggler flashes a bright grin back at Remi as they walk to the boat. As for the rest of it, it falters a fraction as he nods, before red brows pinch together. “Oy, that ‘fore or after Ludo took a likin’ t’ya?” He asks casually, not sure whether it was a good idea or not. Still, he finds himself unable to stop. “Heard some good things ‘bout Ludo. ‘M more worried ‘bout the bad though.” In case Remi felt like sharing anything negative about his god.

Y’know, for research.

As for the boat, Milo tosses the rope into it and slips inside, grabbing the oars and preparing to send it out over the place the shrine was at – a beacon of sorts for Remi to go and explore it. “M’family’s a bunch of fishermen. S’one of ours. 'M name's Milo Kydd.” He explains with a wave of his hand, before he launches them out into the ocean with the boat, nearing where he’d heard the shrine was set out leagues below,  before he stills it right over top.

MILO
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
"Well..." Remi's smile is dark. "It was Ludo who cursed me into being an abandoned. So I suppose...before? Though I cannot say with any real certainty that it likes me now. Tolerates is probably a better word." Puffing out a breath that momentarily inflated his cheeks, the alchemist lets his head shift from side to side. "It is always double-edged, I have found. Once Ludo gave me a gift—its mask—which was then stolen during LongNight. As punishment, it took all memories of those I loved. Another time a very dear friend of mine died and I begged that she be brought back. She was, but not as I had expected. She was placed in the body of a unicorn and was made to be my companion." Remi's set jaw and stern gaze wordlessly suggested how well it had worked out.

"Oh. Oh of course." The alchemist murmurs with belated understanding. "I am Remi Taliesin." He adds, realizing only as Milo gives his name, that the pair hadn't bothered to introduce themselves before.

'Down there, hmmm?' Peering over the edge of the boat and able to see absolutely nothing, Remi bites the inside of his cheek and nods. "Well, I appreciate it Milo. If I can ever do anything for you in return, just ask."

So saying Remi pulls in a breath, and lunges over the side of the fishing boat before it can rock too much beneath his feet. He has to swim down several yards before shifting, and even as he does so, much of his bulk breaks the surface of the water and likely shifts the boat from side to side. Waving one massive tentacle above the surface, Remi disappears down below.

~FIN

THE
LULLABY

Table coding by Sky