{se} A soldier meets a general
For Wessex
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Age: 156 | Height: 160 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 25 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 29 - Luck: 19 - Int: 0
Mahariel - Regular - Black Panther
Played by: Lostdream Offline
Change author:
MP: 515
Blackeye
Not the strongest win the battle —
Darkeye listened for a while. He tried to read Wessex, to get a hint of what kind of person she is. Her movement and her passion for her god and her people made her a good soldier. Maybe even a good person, but who was Darkeye to judge her. After she looked in the Woodlands, Darkeyes eyes followed her gaze. He took a short breath and said calmly. "Every war is bullshit. Only the strong can show true neutrality that is the problem here. Are you the strong one?" Every being fights for survival he thought to himself. It's foolish to think that it is different.

While listening, Darkeye looked at the woods to find the right words. He understood her situation, it was not so different from his when he was in his world. "What is with those persons that don't want to fight? Did they meet and talk about all of this? If you want to stop it, maybe try it that way." It's more that he talked that out loud to himself than to Wessex.

After that last sentence, he turned his head and smiled at her.  He took a long breath again. "Anyone will say that it is the right thing. But you say something interesting: you are not perfect. I like that. I will try to hear the other side of the coin first to understand it better. If someone's worship hurts others, then it interests me. You want to kill gods, that is a good challenge." Darkeye looked in the woods again. With all the peace around him, he felt the coming storm of fights. He would make his choice soon.
— the smartest do
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
WESSEX
Snorting as his definition of strong, Wessex shakes her head. “Nah, that’s bullshit. You don’t get to come in here and tell me what’s really strong is and isn’t.” She doesn’t buy his whole ‘older and wiser’ act when he starts to talk in absolutes. Deep down she knows he doesn’t fully understand their situation, but she can’t help the hackles that seem to raise at any insinuation she isn’t doing all she can - or isn’t strong.

“Halo has said it’ll be neutral. Before that… most people didn’t they’d be able to escape the fighting, so they begrudgingly chose sides. Maybe with Halo’s declaration it’ll change, but… talking won’t fix anything any more.” Raising an eyebrow, she gives Darkeye a look. “Unless you want to go tell the Old Gods and their heralds to knock the war shit off?”

Which might happen, but he’ll either be laughed out of the shrine or smote on the spot. “Many of my siblings are utterly innocent. I’m not, but…” shrugging, the General refuses to go there right now and she doesn’t bother with more corrections. Glancing over at the grey-bearded man, Wessex offers a tight-lipped expression. “Any more questions?”
No, I’ll be the stone
I’ll be the hunter, a tower that casts the shade
I lie awake and watch it all
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Age: 156 | Height: 160 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Blackeye
Again this behavior from this young one. Darkeye started to feel angry about such behavior. He wanted to help her and give her advice. But Wessex didn't want to see. "Okay Wessex, if you think so. Then it is bullshit I'm sorry that I said that." It was not the right time to show her that she was wrong in his eyes. He needed more information. Darkeye swallowed his pride.

"Then a town said it's neutral, that change some things. You are right Wessex. Why did nobody try to talk to the gods? Will the voice accept this?" Darkeye tried to sound friendly. He must hold himself back. It was not the time to show her how angry he was.

Darkeye looked at Wessex like he wanted to say something but he only nodded. Darkeye thought that she would only understand it wrong again. He breathed in. "Did you send letters to the other cities to say that you don't want the war, that you want to coexist?"
— the smartest do
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
WESSEX
Softening, the Wraith sighs, suddenly more than a little weary. “You don’t have to apologize. It’s okay for us to disagree. You have your experiences and I have mine.” He could be wrong in her eyes. She could be wrong in his (Goddess knows he wouldn’t be the first to think so). The world wouldn’t end because they didn’t see eye-to-eye on a nuanced and controversial topic.

Everyone has tried to talk to the Gods. But like I said, the Old Gods are determined to push us to war. It’s not up to the Voice to say yes or no. If she doesn’t fight - if my people don’t fight, we’ll all die because their people continue to hurt my people. Over and over and over and over again.” The Voice and Wessex have a responsibility to the rest of the Ascended. They can’t just do nothing.

As for letters? She wants to roll her eyes, but instead, Wessex shakes her head and looks down at her nails, picking at some dirt underneath ones. “More or less. They know. And like I said, not everyone on their side wants it either. No one is happy.” Except for maybe the Order - and even then, given the recent loss of their leader, they’re probably solidly in the ranks of the unhappy.
No, I’ll be the stone
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Change author:
Blackeye
Darkeye took a deep breath while he looked at the trees. "No I must apologize. You have good arguments, and I treat you like a child, it was not right. Yes, we don't need to have the same opinion on these things." Again this feeling of doing something wrong. Words were like a boomerang, they come back like they are thrown.

Darkeye nodded. "Sounds to me like a hard situation. My respect for that. I would try to kill them." Darkeye looked around and sighed. "Then it's time to build a defensive fortification. A castle or a fortress. The wall around the village won't help much. I think that this wall can't stand a good attack. And if I should decide to fight for you this would be my first move. Can I try to talk to the voice? It's time for me to hear her side. Or is that sacrilege, I don't want to do that." It was time for answers that he needed to hear from the Voice.

He thought again. "I know it's risky but a diplomat then? Or would he be killed instantly? How far can the gods interfere? I think I must talk to all the leaders of the city's and the old gods too before I can make my decision. Kor demands that from me. I can try to stop the war from happening. But what you said will be not easy. If you still allow me to go after this conversation." Darkeye was ready to do the work of a peaceworker. And if this was his reason for being here, then so it will be.
— the smartest do
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Change author:
WESSEX
“By all means, feel free to talk to anyone you like - Gods and mortals. Diplomats aren’t at risk, they’re just few and far between. You might want to talk to Juniper DuBois, a Fae in the Greatwood. She’s a Diplomat, though I’m not sure how much success she’s had.” Despite the fact that they’re on opposite sides, Wessex has nothing but respect for the Amberwing and her leadership. There’s some irony in sending Darkeye to talk to her, but… her own side is a little lacking in Diplomats who have done much.

“The Voice will return at the beginning of the next season, I think. She usually welcomes any and all at her shrines. There are several in the Grounds, but they can also be found in Halo and Torchline - and if you’re going to go to those regions, you should definitely use the portals.” Which she would be happy to direct him to, should he need it. Rising, the General brushes any dirt or tree debris from her hands and looks down at Darkeye. “If you decide to choose our side, come back, and I’ll welcome your assistance. And so long as you aren’t spying for the other side, or want to hurt my people, you’ll be welcome here.”

With a jerk of her chin, Wessex indicates that they should start walking back towards the inhabited areas - if only so he could determine what he wanted to do next.
No, I’ll be the stone
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Change author:
Blackeye
Darkeye opened the book and wrote down the name of Juniper DuBois. "Thank you for your advice I will try to meet her and talk to her. What is your history with her?“ Darkeye wanted to know this to see what other people thought of Wessex.

"She is not here right at the moment? I can't talk to her now? I heard of the portals. It would be nice if you show them to me. I need to see all sides of that, Wessex, to make that decision. Spying is not my work. And for now, I will only defend myself. And in the war, I will try to find a way to defend those people who cant. Only warriors and Generals have to die. I will try to help the innocent." Even if he had to kill a God or Gods.

Darkeye stood up and followed Wessex. While walking he started to think for a moment."This was a good talk for me Wessex. Thank you for that. Can you give me the names of the leaders of the great cities in this world? So it's easier for me to talk to them."
— the smartest do
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Change author:
WESSEX
Offering a crooked smile, Wessex chuckles. “Juniper is someone I respect, even though we aren’t on the same side.” She seems far more tuned into ‘doing the right thing’ than the rest of the Greatwood Gang, even if that might put her at odds with them. It took courage. Courage is something the General will always respect.

As they head back towards people, she tries to find a way to describe more of their deities peculiarities. “Sometimes our Gods and heralds go away for periods of time, are unreachable, or simply choose not to appear. I don’t know if it’s a power move or ability, or what. But for now, the Voice can’t be reached. She’ll be back when the seasons change - which is soon.” The warmth of Longheat is slowly but surely fading, though the leaves haven’t begun to shift their colors yet. Anyone with eyes and skin can tell that Longheat is almost over.

“Yes, the Leaders - you have Morgan Aristomached, in Halo, Maeve Ansel in Torchline, Isla Lockwood in the Grounds, and Remi and Ronin Taliesin share with Juniper in the Greatwood.” The very aforementioned Juniper, of course, so she need not repeat the surname. “And I’d be happy to show you where the portal is in the bottom of the Spire. Come on.” Again, she jerks her chin in the direction they're heading, ready to show Darkeye a little bit more about Caido and send him on his way, if necessary.

{Fin}
No, I’ll be the stone