muddy and foxgloved
Cordelia Olson
the One-Shot
Hunter

Age: 30 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 13 - Int:
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Cordelia

She hadn't thought it would be difficult to leave King's End. When they first arrived the Attuned was sure she had no real desire to linger. It was simply meant to be a place to rest, train, and recover until they made their choice on what they were going to do in regards to Halo. Whether they would try to go back or if they were forever leaving their home behind. The letter from Noah came a few days ago, beckoning her and Deimos to Torchline so he might explain is sudden disappearance, but every time she tried to pack her things to leave her eyes would find the windchime that now hung outside of her doorway. A reminder of home made for her by the newly appointed Demigod (not that she was aware of this).

It made her long for some kind of normal that she likely wasn't going to find. With a sigh of frustration the hunter set off, simply walking, letting her booted feet carry her through the snow in no real direction but away.
And all this time I have been lyin'
Oh, lyin' in secret to myself
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
REMI
the lullaby
Instead of flying or otherwise making this trek easier on himself, the Lullaby trudged through the snow. His offering for Safrin was rather paltry (a few seeds he'd found, and if pressed, he could spin some tale about how rare they were), but really, he thought the best thing he could offer Ronin's goddess was his misery and his suffering.

It was the thing she always tried to collect from him, after all.

In his curls what might be mistaken as a stick is actually a spriggan, currently chittering away contentedly. Oria, ever his moral compass, was here to make sure that her bonded didn't do something stupid (like peeing on another of Safrin's shrines), so that he might make it home in one piece. Finding the altar dedicated to Safrin and Vi both, the alchemist pulls in a breath that freezes his lungs, before scattering away some of the snow with one gloved hand. Only because of his companion's curiosity of the world is he alerted to Cordelia's presence at all. Glancing over his shoulder Remi is instantly tense; feathers sprout in his curls and trickle down his back as his heartrate spikes. The last time he'd been near a shrine with another woman had resulted in an unexpected pregnancy, two twins, and a furious husband. "I will only be a moment—" He calls out to her.
Like you'd get your knuckles bloody for me

Code taken from Sky who is utter perfection
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Cordelia Olson
the One-Shot
Hunter

Age: 30 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Cordelia

Much like the Lullaby, Cordelia hadn't even realized he was there at all. Nor did she realize just how close to the shrine she'd come. Her steps falter, head snapping up and amber eyes locking on Remi as her breath catches in her lungs, fingers twitching at her sides instinctively. Always ready to defend herself if need be. If it wasn't for the fact that she'd heard of this man before, seen him in brief flashes of Deimos's thoughts when he shared as much along the bond, the Attuned likely would have simply backed away. Instead she stays frozen in place, snowflakes collecting on the end of her lashes as she remains stock still much like her shift would to blend in, but she's been spotted and the moment of fight or flight had her unmoving.

She swallows thickly, struggling to find her voice, opening her mouth to speak only for nothing to come out. Cordelia clears her throat and tries again. "It's alright. I'm not here to pray." This wasn't a shrine for Frey and thus of no real use to her at this time. She wasn't sure Vi or Safrin would have much interest in her anyway.

Her own trepidation and curiosity would be palpable along the bond, not knowing that he could feel her emotions just as much as any other Attuned, unaware of what she was likely projecting. Not wanting to intrude, Cordelia takes a few steps back, finally making her body move as she wraps her arms around herself.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
REMI
the lullaby
The alchemist notes her recognition with an easy reluctance. He is who he is and has been long enough that anonymity is a luxury he is rarely afforded. "Ah." He says with a quick smile that makes the muscles of his cold face twang uncomfortably. Though Remi relaxes somewhat to hear that she isn't here to pray, his body remains stiff where he stands, knowing that Safrin might yet have tricks up her sleeve that he'd rather not see.

Turning briefly, Remi closes his eyes and mutters a word or two of genuine thanks to Vi for all of his guidance. As for Safrin? Well, he was cold and uncomfortable, and here—plucking out a handful of seeds from his pocket (and some lint)—have an offering.

Turning back toward the hunter, now unsure how he was meant to peel himself away from the shrine, he clears his throat. "I am Remi Taliesin." He offers, his accent wrapping all the more heavily around his name.

Cordelia Olson
the One-Shot
Hunter

Change author:
Cordelia

She turns away as he focuses on the shrine, giving him as much privacy as she can without leaving completely. Not that she knew where she would go. She hadn't know when she started walking and she certainly didn't know now. It's only when he finishes that she looks back to him, making sure he has enough space to step out of the shrine, offering him a small smile in return. Figuring it was rude to say that she already knew as much, Cordelia goes for the obvious choice and introduces herself in return, "Cordelia Limore. It's nice to meet you." The hunter murmurs, licking her lips despite knowing better, amber eyes flicking to the shrine behind him and then back.

"Do you often visit other shrines outside of the ones for your herald?" She asks softly, curiosity coloring her quiet words, the sound of them seeming to mix with that of the surrounding wildlife. The hunter wasn't aware of it being common practice, but Cordelia wouldn't be surprised if it was yet another thing she wasn't aware of when it came to the heralds. Maybe that's why she hadn't met Frey yet. She was simply doing it wrong.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
REMI
the lullaby
Remi nods, smiling as warmly as his chilly lips and cheeks will allow. It's far colder here than in the wind-blocked Woods, and though the alchemist has never properly thought of anywhere as home in years, he's strangely eager to return. Though, that likely just says more about his social-stamina as anything else.

"Yes...and no." He replies, running a hand through his curls (therein Oria meeeps! as she's dislodged, and bites at one of his fingers). Her words confirmed that she knew who he was, by name alone if nothing else, and it leaves Remi wondering how much that will colour their encounter. "I..have had rather poor experiences at other shrines. Frey's most recently, but...I am on good terms with Vi I believe, and Safrin..." With a bitter sort of laugh, the alchemist shakes his head. "We have a rather tense truce at the moment."

Cordelia Olson
the One-Shot
Hunter

Change author:
Cordelia

Cordelia draws her cloak more tightly around her lithe frame, trying her best to keep the heat in and wishing desperately that she could wear the skin of her Luxere shift if only because it wouldn't be so cold, but she stays as is. The sudden exclamation coming from Remi's curls as her eyes snapping to the top of his head, brows lifting in surprise before a quiet laugh pushes past her lips at his companion's obvious displeasure at being displaced, "Who's that? A friend?" She's used to the companions of her counterparts. Deimos and Noah both have a menagerie of their own, but she's never been so lucky herself.

"It isn't common practice then? I was afraid I might be missing something." She confesses, wrinkling her nose and hunching her shoulders up towards her ears like that might keep her warm, but it does little for her. "What happened with Frey..? If you don't mind me asking. I've never known them to be... vindictive. Not that I've met them myself."
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
REMI
the lullaby
'Oh!' Chuckling to himself and tilting his head down slightly, Remi nods carefully. In his curls, Oria stands at her full height (6" or so) and waves a humanoid hand in Cordelia's direction. "Her name is Oria. She was given to me by Mort, to be my....moral compass, I think." Preening and making a clicking sound in the back of her throat, the spriggan grins and nods.

"No, I don't think it is common practice. We.." A touch bashfully to be speaking of DeMiGoDs so casually, Remi offers the huntress a quick and almost apologetic smile. "..we have our heralds and the gods we serve, but it is best for everyone to keep on good footing with the rest."

Talk of Frey has Remi's cheeks flushing, and he finds his jaw feathering with tension that always seems to accompany thoughts of the herald. "Maybe not vindictive but...not kind, in my experience." He begins with a sigh. "The first time I met Frey I had only been in Caido a few weeks. I happened up their shrine with a friend and when I wouldn't...when we wouldn't have sex—they took away my feelings for the man I loved at the time" Gods, how that seemed a lifetime ago. "More recently when I visited, I..." Shame, coupled with a strange sense of lack of agency has Remi swallowing hard. "..I was there when another woman was praying to Frey...if you have never been in Frey's presence before, then you don't know, but...with this aspect of Frey, the sexual need is overwhelming. Despite being happily married we did end up having sex, and she ended up getting pregnant." Looking somewhere near the hem of Cordelia's coat, the alchemist gives his head a slight shake.

Cordelia Olson
the One-Shot
Hunter

Change author:
Cordelia

"She's very cute." Cordelia offers with a soft smile, managing to contain her giggle as Oria chitters in response, returning a smile herself. The huntress crosses her arms over her chest, eyes dropping from the companion down to his own gaze instead, "I don't have a companion myself, but those I'm around seem to enjoy their company." Perhaps it was time for her to find one for herself. Especially if her other travelling companions were going to be called away so often.

The accounts of Frey that came from Remi's lips wasn't what Cordelia had been expecting. A flush rises swiftly to her cheeks and she clears her throat as the thought of going to one of Frey's shrines with Noah pressed into her mind unbidden as she recalls her friends offer from before. The Attuned hadn't been aware of Frey's influence in that manner, typically hearing only of the nature side of the herald, but now she couldn't help being curious. "I can see how you might not consider yourself on the best of terms with them, then. I can't imagine what it must be like to lose one's feelings like that."
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
REMI
the lullaby
"Oria is my second companion. They...they become like a willful extension of yourself. Part of you, but still wholly themselves, if that makes sense." It likely didn't, not to someone who hadn't experienced a companion bond before, but it was the best explanation Remi could give.

Trying and failing to smile, the alchemist decides to abandon any attempt to seem okay about the ordeal, and instead lifts guilty sea-glass eyes to the huntress and nods. "I hope you never have to. And honestly, I think there is something about me that seems to grate on the heralds, because few that I know have so many poor experiences with them." Remi adds with a shake of his head.

"But I shouldn't keep you. Not with as cold as it is. Will you be able to make it where you were going safely?" Not overly altruistic anymore, still there's something free and wild in Cordelia that he would see survive this winter, if there was anything from him he could offer.

Cordelia Olson
the One-Shot
Hunter

Change author:
Cordelia

It didn’t make much sense. The only thing she had to equate it to was the Attuned bond she shared with those around her, but it wasn’t the same. Not even remotely. ”Still, I imagine it is reassuring in a sense. To know that there is a being who knows your soul so completely.” With that came its own kind of pain and Cordelia had not experienced that herself either, but even that wasn’t enough to make it unappealing. She yearned to be known like that.

Cordelia sees the attempt for what it was and as such offers him one of her own, smiling for both of them in that span of a moment, arms wrapping around her middle and drawing her coat more tightly around her form. ”I hope not either and I hope that your luck improves.” For she truly didn’t wish ill on him or anyone else who sought out the heralds.

At the mention of the cold, Cordelia is reminded of just how numb her skin has gone and she draws in a breath that makes her lungs ache with the chill. ”I’ll be alright. My Luxere shift is made for this kind of weather. I don’t have much further to go. Travel safe, Remi. I wish you whatever peace you can find in the coming days.” Because they were both tied to things bigger than them and Cordelia hopes that, if only for the briefest of moments, they’ll know a bit of quiet.