Site Wide Event WHEEL! OF! FORTUNE!

Age: 6 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
It stands at the very centre of the proceedings, regardless of which direction you approach from. Huge, garish, beaming with light and colour, this wheel is not just for show. It is the show.

"Roll up, roll up!" chirps a figure behind a mask decorated with bumblebees, their tophat and tails in similar gold and dark colours. "Care to spin? Bet some coin, win a thing!"

"You really want that thing," a second figure urges, tapping at the wheel with a cane topped with a raven's skull. Also masked, this host isn't especially flamboyant, but something about them just seems... odd.

"So go ahead, spin the wheel! You know you want to!"

Welcome to Flowerbirth's SWE! Please post here with your character at least once to receive credit for this part of the Seasonal Event.

Your characters may SPIN THE WHEEL (yay!) for a possibility of winning prizes! Each spin costs 100MP. Multiple characters may participate, but each player may only spin a total of 10 times throughout the season. (E.g. Honey might make 5 spins with Ronin, 2 with Isla and 3 with Finn, but that's it for the season).

As well as paying with MP, you may ALSO earn spins by doing the following:

1. Post in a board you haven't yet explored!
2. Complete a training for Flowerbirth!
3. Thread with a character you haven't met yet!

Please link your threads when you post so we can check that they are eligible for a free spin!

The following prizes are available:

1% Carnival Curse
19% Chance of +2 stats
50% Chance of nothing
5% Chance of Basic Abandoned magic / Basic Ascended upgrade / Basic magical item / Ordinary Attuned shift / Basic demigod magic
5% Chance of +4 stats
5% Chance of plot information
14% Keep your MP
1% Double your MP

flowerbirth
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 26 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 48 - Luck: 40 - Int: 1
LILLY - Regular - Grey Wolf PAD - Regular - Grey Wolf
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 2895
Sah

Sah eyes the proceeding warily. The two figures are far too suspicious in their vague familiarity.  The colors, sounds, and smells of this event are a bit overwhelming for the Outlander. However it's too intriguing to simply leave. Coming to a decision, Sah eyes the area contemplatively.

Perking up, he spots a nice tree and promptly climbs it until he reaches a suitable branch. Settling in, Sah relaxes and begins to observe the crowd. He'll see what this 'wheel of fortune' is all about. Perhaps he'll join in, but for now he'll let others test the waters. Sah really doesn't feel like getting randomly attacked or bit like the last time such a weird occurrence emerged.

Sah arrives and climbs a tree to watch the event. He's not spinning the wheel in this post.
My soul is in the sky
-William Shakespeare
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
So I pray to hands
And I pray to needs
Sam had come to see what all the fuss was about, and he'd found it - the wheel was massive, garish and impossible to miss. He eyed it with suspicion, finding the location and it's hosts smacked of Old Gods, but he hadn't seen anything that warned Ascended from attending. If they were going to murder him here, well...at least it was a kind of fun location.

He'd never been one to back away from some good old peer pressure; when asked to spin the wheel he walked up to it, hesitatingly but surely making his way towards it. "Okay, I'll spin it. Um, so I just..." Reaching forward to grasp the edge (or handle, or whatever might be appropriate), Sam gave the wheel a slow but firm pull down, ending with a swing of his arm that set it going.

Hopefully this wasn't a mistake.

--
Sam is spinning the wheel! I'll spend 100 MP :D
And I pray to blades of grass
To find forgiveness in the weeds
SAMUEL
Base Code by Sky!

Age: 6 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Finally, a chump brave young soul approaches!

The hosts watch with vicious glee as Samuel reaches out and sets the giant wheel a'spinning. And round and round and round it goes...

And it lands on a big fat nothing.

"Oh, what a shame, what rotten luck!" One of the hosts shakes their head.

"But just think," says the other, "It could always be worse! Want to try again?"

flowerbirth
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 59 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3081
RONIN
the dark star

Ronin wants a thing. He really wants to win a thing. And he's nearly vibrating as he shuffles up to the wheel, the carnival music singing through his veins, his blue eyes bright and entranced as he watches it spin round and round. We'll ignore the fact that Samuel is here (because this is a nice fun SWE, right kids?), Ronin instead clapping his hands together and nodding.

"Okay, I'll give it a go. In fact, I'll give it two goes," he announces, marching up and reaching to spin the wheel. And then to spin it again, come what may. This ought to be good for a laugh... or y'know. With Caido's luck, it might just kill him.

Ronin spins the wheel twice!

He uses a free spin from this thread: (SE) step on paper thin glass
(Explored a place he's never been with Sunjata: Queen's Gambit)

And I'll also use 100MP for a second go!
i'll get over it
i just gotta be dramatic first
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 100 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2259
he said "i bet you don't remember me"
"If this ends badly, as it probably will, I love you endlessly and am sorry for whatever is about to happen." This is said with a smirk on his face as Remi turns toward Ronin, but they both know that there's a grain of truth in it. A giant carnival wheel, provided by strange hosts that seem vaguely familiar? No part of this seemed wise, which is probably why the pair at least had the forethought of leaving their children at home.

Leaning over to press a kiss against the Huntsman's cheeks, the Lullaby steps up the wheel and tugs in a breath. "If you curse me, I'll curse you right back." He mutters, before reaching out to give the brightly coloured contraption a spin.

4 free spins for Remi please!

Remi posted in the Sea of Glass for the first time in {PQ+} breakthrough, and the Righteous Road in circles around the sun. He also threaded with Chrysaora for the first time in darken, deep, and did a training thread with Finn in {Training} upon the last day
THE ALCHEMIST
and i said, "only every other memory".
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.

Change author:
"Congratuwelldone! Though you boys have certainly been both naughty and impish, you've spun well!' One of the hosts says, delighted. "Wellish." Remarks the other.

RONIN has rolled for NOTHING and PLOT INFORMATION.

REMI has rolled for NOTHING, NOTHING, KEEP YOUR MP (aka keep this free-spin), and +2 STATS

flowerbirth
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 100 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Change author:
he said "i bet you don't remember me"
Well, that was...fine? "Do they seem..." Frowning at the hosts, the tall one and the short one, Remi narrows his eyes, not quite able to place their faces. "Do they seem familiar to you?" He asks Ronin, not wanting to stare and yet finding himself drawn to their faces just the same. It was uncanny, even if he couldn't quite put his finger on it...

'Don't hate me for this.' The Lullaby chuckles, giving his husband another quick kiss before reaching to spin the wheel again. Who knew, maybe there would be prizes he could give to Mateo, or Flora and Enzo. (Or even Ronin, who seemed unhappy with his current spin-success).

Remi would like 6 more spins! 1 free one from last spin, and I'll pay 500 MP toward the rest : D)
THE ALCHEMIST
and i said, "only every other memory".
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.

Change author:
"You again? Kindly fuck off, would you?" Says the shorter one dismissively.

Remi has rolled for PLOT INFO, NOTHING, NOTHING, NOTHING, ITEM/UPGRADE/MAGIC/SHIFT, +2 STATS.

Odd has now used all her rolls!
flowerbirth
Everest Hart
Aviator

Age: 22 | Height: 5'11" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 6 - Strg: 27 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 24 - Luck: 5 - Int: 0
Change author:
Everest
Not one for crowds, it's with slightly cowed shoulders and blue eyes that dart from face to face that Ever watches the goings-on of the carnival. Many seemed enticed by the wheel, but gambling of any sort seems unwise to the young Hart boy and not just because he can't gain any stats yet. Quitely he finds a place to sit—beneath one of the trees—and takes out his notebook. Trying to make himself look as unassuming as possible, Ever begins to record all of what he sees.

There's the man he'd met near the Grounds, Mateo's parents (both of whom spun the wheel and seemed to come out relatively unscathed), and another man he didn't know. Tucking his knees up to his chest, Ever wraps one arm protectively around himself as he continues to lurk and listen and record.
the words you speak
become the house you live in
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 10 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 49 - Endr: 51 - Luck: 47 - Int: 1
EIRA - Mythical - Griffin (Venom) VI’ADORE - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Time Offline
Change author:
MP: 1005
Nothing ever comes without a consequence or cost

The gathering was small, but the sound was irresistible. Noah waited for quite a while in the distance, watching as a few strangers approached the wheel as well as Ronin and Remi. The pair looked better than he had last seen them -- leaps and bounds above what he had last witnessed, in fact. Finally, Noah stepped forward. "Well...it didn't explode when you spun." Noah chuckled in Remi's direction, following with a greeting nod for the man who had just helped protect his life. Giving Ronin the same greeting nod, Noah took in a deep breath and stepped towards the wheel. "I'll give it a go..." He then sent a silent prayer for luck, and spun.

I would like to use 3 free spins!

- Post in a board you haven't yet explored!
1. Pools of wisdom - Miana Pool
2. that's brave too - The Rainbow Road

- Thread with a character you haven't met yet!
1. {se} gleam like gold - Anju

NOAH OLSON

Change author:
The shorter one watches as Noah steps up. Arms folded, they yawn, already bored.

Noah wins NOTHING, KEEP A SPIN, and NOTHING.

flowerbirth
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 72 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 73 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 10254
We're lost in the space between
who we are and all that we're trying to be

Due to circumstances layered in the history of Flowerbirth, Fiat Lux, and anything potentially disastrous, Deimos was very cautious at the appearance of this…wheel. A being inclined to survey, scrutinize, watch, and calculate simply to see what occurred first, his eyes scanned multiple people not as hesitant as himself. When no one seemed to be obliterated, curiosity got the best of him.

That age-old virtue or flaw, because sometimes it intermingled into one or the other, permitted him to wander closer. Eventually he meandered towards Noah’s side, tilting his head, watching as the spins took place. “I will give it a try,” he announced to those running the thing (wondering – briefly – if it was rigged), and then pondering if he should be dreading the outcome. "Thank you," with a stoic nod, in case politeness had any regard.

--

I would like to use 3 free spins!

{se} thousand times louder New place (Hanging Tree)
all rivers flow to the sea Thread with a character never met before (Chrysaora)
{Training} you don't see the ghosts New place (Tar Pits)

DEIMOS
Stop trying to show how to save our souls
It takes dying to know
How to live as ghosts

Change author:
The more odd of the two watches Deimos, yawning, and guzzling down a coffee.

Deimos rolls PLOT INFORMATION, NOTHING, NOTHING.

"I'll give you all some plot information for free. It's called 'fucking pay attention'." The taller figure rolls her eyes behind her mask.

flowerbirth