that's brave too
for Noah
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 72 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 73 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Online
Change author:
MP: 9824
DEIMOS
the resurrected sword
Deimos was not ordinarily drawn to the aspects of the Rainbow Road – more or less the notions of curiosity ended with the vibrant hues and the prismatic colors, but they grew steadily more vibrant as the two men walked. His arms already plied with fruits taken from the jungle, scoured and snagged in the warmth of the spring, he took a few moments of silence. The quiet threaded around him like a noose; unusual, given his natural state of hushed, overly reticent air, but circumstances as of late knotted and gnarled far more than his liking.

Because he thought he’d healed and moved on and had ceased laboring under circumstances that had damned and consumed him in years and seasons prior. But apparently they knew how to pluck over well-worn lacerations and scars, reopening, resurging, inwardly until the trepidation coiled in its unseemly haze.

“I wanted to apologize,” he noted to Noah as they headed to the shrine, brow furrowing, nose wrinkling in distaste for his own actions. “I thought I was well past all of…that. Sorrow, hurt, for being abandoned and forsaken, for not being enough, for coming and going in life in between the painful hazes.
under the bludgeonings of chance
my head is bloody, but unbowed
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 9 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 47 - Endr: 46 - Luck: 47 - Int: 1
EIRA - Mythical - Griffin (Venom) VI’ADORE - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Time Offline
Change author:
MP: 1005
NOAH
set a fire for tomorrow
set it to your woes
The travel from Stormbreak to Torchline was rather easy, albeit a bit crowded. With the sun back where it needed to be and the whispers of longnight long gone, people were back to their regularly scheduled activities. Travelers and traders moved back and forth on skyboats. Noah was patient with the travel, leaning against the side of the boat and taking notes in his notebook. When they had made port, he took off at a steady but even pace, eyes moving around from little shop to shop. He knew what he wanted to gather for Frey.

His time in the port looking for what he wanted did not take long. After a short while, he was reunited with Deimos. After their greetings, the two of them walked in silence for some time. The colors danced around them and Noah could not help but look around and take it all in. When Deimos spoke, Noah paused and looked over at his friend. "You don't need to apologize." Noah reached out to touch the warrior's shoulder, squeezing it some. "It's okay." Noah did not hold anything against Deimos. If anything, Noah wished he had more information to give the man to help ease all of the feelings.

feel defiance burning through my teeth
it's not enough to drag this blade across the day
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
DEIMOS
the resurrected sword
He opened his mouth to follow suit with another regret, but closed it shortly thereafter at Noah’s insistence. Frowning, he took a few moments to crouch before the shrine, placing the gathered wares amongst the stone, and then creating a bowl to ensure the presentation was suitable for the god. “Thank you,” he prospered instead, though perhaps it was uncertain whether it was for Frey or the Sentinel, but he’d let it settle into the air for the time being. Then he shrugged and rolled his shoulders, as if striving to lose the pieces and portions of rigidity, take them elsewhere, off and away, back to where they belonged. “It just seemed very unlike her.” Maybe she’d grown and changed in such a way that he couldn’t understand the nuances any longer; too far apart and gone.

Thereafter, he rifled through his bag, trying to find the cream he’d traded and bartered for in the market. “And I did not want to take away from your accomplishments.” For it had been a huge honor to be chosen for Vi, just as it had been for Amalia.
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
NOAH
set a fire for tomorrow
set it to your woes
"I understand. I will ask Vi about her, when I see him next. I'm in a place where I feel like I know so little. I know it is an accomplishment...I am just bewildered that I am who was chosen." Noah glanced sideways at Deimos, the underlying message of his words clear: he wasn't sure why he was chosen, when there were other candidates with much richer histories with the gods than he -- like Deimos. Noah still felt unqualified. When he lingered on it too long, it all felt daunting to him.

He knew he could not let the worry of it all bury him. He had to press on through it.

Noah crouched near the shrine and laid out his offerings, watching as Deimos' bowl filled the space on the altar. "I plan to call on Frey. They gave me a quest when we were still in Halo, and I have finally finished."

Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
the resurrected sword
Given the response, the nuances, and everything enfolding around them, the Sword could surmise he might’ve been just as surprised. He’d known Noah to be affiliated with the nature side of Frey, and though life was a tenuous thing, Amalia’s ambitions and aspirations towards the sanction had always been crystal clear. “Perhaps you had some qualities worthy of his attention,” and he eased a little grin, as if meaning to tease, rather than layer into the quandaries too closely. It would be up to the Sentinel whether or not to ask the deity forthrightly about why he was chosen, and everything else lacquered and sticking to the motions.

Eventually finding the cream at the bottom of the bag, he eased the lid off the jar, tilting his head, listening to the proclamation. “The one from before? To protect Halo?” They’d discussed it somewhat along the evening of poor choices and decisions made by Deimos – after losing everything he’d worked for. To what end would it snag now, considering the state of affairs with the mountains and their ongoing machinations?
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Change author:
NOAH
set a fire for tomorrow
set it to your woes
Noah breathed out a laugh, shaking his head slightly. "I hope so." Otherwise, he was sure to disappoint. Noah kept his body low before the shrine, near Deimos enough that his voice did not carry too far or too loud. "Yes. I am not sure how it will go, given everything that has changed. I'm not as worried as I would be if Frey were more like Safrin, but I still have apprehension about meeting with them." Noah looked over at Deimos over his shoulder, still crouched before the offering he had placed. He was not ready to send a prayer to the herald just yet -- there was more he wanted to give Deimos, with the privacy of just the two of them.

"I spoke with Finn again before the end of Longnight, as well as Cian." Noah leaned back some, resting his forearms on his knees. "Finn told me about information for a relic. They believe it to be frozen in the Sea of Glass." Noah shifted his weight, the pauses between each sentence quite intentional as he gathered his words carefully. "I told Finn that if there were to be an exhibition to Halo, that I wanted to go. I also told him that it might interest you, and that I would ask you about it."

Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
the resurrected sword
He arched a brow, given into the niceties and introspection, rather than the past eating away. Securing the last proportions for the offering, he laid the remains out along the pedestal, inclining his head in a vague tilt that could have conveyed a thousand, a myriad, different things. In this spring light it was mere curiosity and speculation. “From what I know about Frey, they are far more forgiving.” He snorted, uncertain whether if it was in jest for his own trials and tribulations, or the mere way circumstances had played out. “Though Safrin has given me many opportunities and chances.” Some not taken, some where he apologized and bowed his head, some where he’d had to see, alter, and change courses when granted the wisdom of the deity.

The course of conversation rearranged though, and he found his brow furrowed. Not with frustration, but eyes narrowed, staring at the shrine, unseeing it for what it was worth, but all the other depictions scattering and recollecting through his mind. A system and series of machinations clustered and coiled, and he found himself lacking in some proportions. “Who is this Cian again?” He only knew of Finn from the letter about the relic, Noah’s recommendation, and then the very swift planning meeting and arrangement thereafter.

Then the notions, everything coming together, in accordance with the Sea of Glass. “I wonder if it is the same thing Safrin wanted Seren to find.” The Sword rolled his shoulders, drawing up straighter even in the midst of his crouch. “I had already intended to assist in the matter, before everything else fell apart.” He snorted again – the nuances of abrupt tides and coups and invasions. “Given our status with Halo though, I do not expect it to be so easy.” There’d been no one to stop them in the Oerwoud.
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Change author:
NOAH
set a fire for tomorrow
set it to your woes
What Noah knew of Frey -- from the word of Phoebe, as well as their work in Halo, and meeting them on his own -- he knew the herald to be quite benevolent. If not a little flippant, above the works of the mortals, but still willing to work with them when they came to them. "You've followed Safrin for a long while now." Noah observed, "What is it about her that has drawn you so closely?" She was the herald of the god that called Noah, and because of that he felt as though he needed to get to know her more. He had been so focused on Frey before, but now it was all different.

"Cian is the head of the Order. He is known as The Eye. He receives information that others don't. He has this journal...I think that somehow it is how he speaks with the gods." Noah speculated, though he wasn't entirely sure how the journal worked or where the information came from. With him holding the journal as the Eye of the Order, it only made sense to the Sentinel that the information came straight from the gods themselves.

"I think it is the same relic that Seren was after. I am not sure if she truly knew what it was, however. Finn mentioned asking Safrin for help but, if she gave the task to Seren I see only two possibilities: either the task can be done without her, or the task can only be done with her help." Noah lifted his brow at Deimos, his words a question of what he really thought about the deity. He knew more than the hunter, after all. "No, I don't either. Getting into the tundra without a portal or the use of an order Compass getting me through the Citadel will be the hardest part. You have your wings, and those will aid you well." Noah nodded along to his own thoughts, trying to formulate even as they came out of his mouth.

Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
the resurrected sword
It’d been Amalia’s influence at first; though he didn’t voice it. Too distrusting, too dispassionate, too ill-suited for the gods of Caido; used to listening to silence when he bent his head, when he asked for others to be saved and salvaged. “She Attuned me when I asked for more strength.” Had guided him into other portions of his soul, had leant him towards brambles and pathways he hadn’t wanted to see, but needed to know, understand, and strive working out of the thorns. “She is very patient, or at least, has been with me. I know it has not been easy.” His eyes flickered away, and off towards the pedestal on the shrine, pondering the state of current events. “I have made a number of mistakes and errors, and she has allowed me to learn from them.” And still, he hadn’t gone back yet.

Ashamed, really, of what had come of the whole mess and debacle. Another lesson he’d been marred and sullied upon. That he didn’t deserve to stand before her and ask anything else until he’d shifted the wintry expanse back to where it belonged.

As for Cian and this head of the Order line, with a powerful journal lined and elongated with pertinent information, Deimos narrowed his eyes in suspicion. And how did one acquire such a thing? Who determined an Eye’s course? “Do you trust them?” Meaning this society, this bend and blend of individuals collaborating in some semblance of hatred?

With the relic in mind, the Sword sighed, uncertain about all the parameters and particulars. “Last I spoke to Seren, she had wanted to get enough of us together to try and use the elements on the ice. I cannot imagine Safrin would send her directly into harm’s way.” Not her own flesh and blood – even though the demigod had been having multitudes of growing pains when they’d been training. Perhaps there’d been others lined along the way. He shook his head, uncertain about the whole thing. “Just let me know when you want me there,” and he nodded, shrugging his shoulders, considering invisibility cloaks and wings, unaware it wouldn’t matter.
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Change author:
NOAH
set a fire for tomorrow
set it to your woes
Noah took in everything that Deimos said about Safrin and held it close to his chest. So far, those he had spoken to thought highly of her. Finn and Deimos both spoke of her willingness to forgive. It must have been a trait that Vi thought well of, and so Noah pulled that piece out to mull over later. He was not one known to easily forgive.

"I still don't know enough to offer them my full trust, that is certain." Noah started, shrugging his shoulders some, "but I trust Vi. He made it clear what intentions he had for me, even in the briefest of meetings we had. It seemed only fit to what I know of the Order." Noah shifted his weight some, balancing on his heels, still crouched before the shrine.

"That's understandable. I've always been told something great lives beneath the ice -- most people think that its the presence of some powerful elemental within the waters. If it is anything like that basilisk...we'll be in for a good run. I will let you know when I know."

Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
the resurrected sword
There was an ease to his shoulders, down the length of his spine, as Noah insisted he didn’t fully trust the Order. They shouldn’t, based off of things he’d heard. People he’d come across. “I met one member before. Gideon, I believe. The Priest.” He paused, considered the shrine before him for a moment, casting another long breath. “He was very vocal about his beliefs in the Ascended.” About machines. About them not being people.

Except Deimos didn’t believe that – not when he’d had Rexanna, Kiada, and so many others.

The notions of the elementals, of something beneath the ice, made him raise his head, back to speculations and experiences. “We came across a creature below the surface once, but had no means to communicate with it. Safrin said it was ancient.” And some part of him wondered if that was going to be the being they faced – a slight frown mulling over his features.
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Change author:
NOAH
set a fire for tomorrow
set it to your woes
"I have yet to meet him...I've only interacted with Finn and Cian, and I plan to meet with Ronin soon." In fact, Noah had just sent a letter to the Huntsman just a day or so prior, and had made arrangements to meet him back at a tavern in Stormbreak. "I know the Order is very much in favor of eradicating the ascended, so I am not surprised about those views being so vocal for someone in that position."

Noah shifted his weight again, this time settling in before the shrine. He intended to pray to Frey, to call the herald down and tell them he completed the task they gave. "Not even you could speak with it?" Noah's entire face raised in surprise. Deimos had the most abilities of any attuned he had ever known, so it was quite shocking that he had not been able to communicate with the creature. "Halo has been frozen for hundreds of years...so ancient is not a shock." Though the hunter shook his head despite what he said.

"I think my life just got a lot more dangerous." He said, laughing aloud.

Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
the resurrected sword
“He called them machines.” He waited for some angle of response to that – if Noah considered them much the same. They’d only ever discussed and conversed the particulars of individuals – namely Wessex, Neron, and Nate, considering the aftermath of struggles, the complexities of intertwined fates, misgivings, and sieges. “And apparently went before a crowd at Torchline to tell everyone.” The Sword shrugged his shoulders again. It would take a very bold person to commit to the latter, a person very devout in their beliefs. Impassive now, he pondered the lengths of where the Abandoned were considered now. Or people like himself, unashamed and unafraid of who he was, of what he carried, and long since leaning towards the Old Gods.

He snorted, somewhat of a laugh following suit at Noah’s insinuation. “I did not have the same power then as I do now.” An acknowledgment of growth, of capabilities, of abilities thriving in his veins, pervading and pulsing over his senses; some had simply not been there at the time they’d explored. “But perhaps it would not have mattered, given its primordial status.”

And then the blunted end of it forced another chuckle from his lungs – if only because it was self-deprecating, darkly forged in some sad demeanor of humor. “Only just begun.”
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Change author:
NOAH
set a fire for tomorrow
set it to your woes
Machines? Noah's brow knit together some, and his head tilted. Surely there was no way they could be diminished to the same level of being as the machines Noah knew about -- simple, archaic, one-tasked. Although Noah knew his war was against the ascended, against their goddess, he still had to believe that somehow they could be saved. That without the influence of the Voice in their lives any longer, their souls could be freed. Even if his only hope stayed in those like Kiada and Elide, he had to hope it.

Noah took in a deep breath and shook out his shoulders some, the weight of the words the two of them spoke heavy on him now even as they laughed. "I think I will call on Frey, now. I've finished their quest...and I am hoping they will still see me, as one of Vi's." Noah looked sideways at Deimos for a moment, nodding gently, before he settled in and readied himself to call upon the herald.

FIN