two Abandoned walk into a bar ...
for Sah and Finn
Theo Caldwell
Grifter

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 2 - Strg: 12 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 11 - Luck: 7 - Int:
Played by: Bees Offline
Change author:
MP: 1749

"Your tab's about due, Mr. I'm-gonna-be-Warden," said the bartender.

"Next time," Theo grumbled, pushing his glass back to the bartender for more whiskey. Though she looked skeptical, the woman poured before moving on to tend to another customer.

Theo was not sulking about losing the election. After all, the way things were in Halo, they'd probably have another election by next Longheat. The problem was how he intended to survive until then. His old enemies were circling, and he really didn't like the idea of being trapped here with them all Deepfrost. Maybe he should go back to Torchline? But the truth was, he'd worn out his welcome there, too.

Ah, the troubles of an honest gentleman.

Theo

"Poker" by ND Strupler is licensed with CC BY 2.0.
Finn Rosencrantz

Age: 36 | Height: 6’0 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 6 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 21 - Endr: 25 - Luck: 12 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3081
blessed are the curious, for they shall have adventures
To say that completely flipping his life upside down has been a bit of a change for Finn would be the dictionary definition of an understatement. But in some ways it has been a blessing, forcing him to latch on to old routines in new places - one of which has found him spending quite a lot of evenings in the Kraai. Not for drinking, necessarily, though there is a small glass of bourbon on the table beside him.

No, it's for music.

He'd gotten a new guitar within a few days after the fall of the Tower, leaning into the familiar shapes of chords and the mellow strum of the strings like it was a lifeline. And so as the bartender reminds Theo of his tab, she also nods across for Finn to start playing.

Happy to create the ambience, his fingers go to his guitar and strike up a soft, warm sort of tune, something easily spoken over or enjoyed, depending on the listener's preference.
FINN
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 26 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 48 - Luck: 40 - Int: 1
LILLY - Regular - Grey Wolf PAD - Regular - Grey Wolf
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 2895
Sah

Sah entered the Kraai, shaking snow off at the door so as not to track it into the establishment. One he was within reach of the bar, he nodded at the bartender with a small smile. She quickly returned it with her own, easily recognizing him from the many times he'd relaxed at the bar while finishing up paperwork.

The Outlander sat down, and the bartender quickly slid a glass of rum across the bar to him. Sah brough it to a stop with his telekinesis before lifting it with his hand to take a sip.  He closed his eyes for a moment, enjoying the music that Finn was playing. The man was someone he didn't recognized and Sah guessed the musician was one of the many new residents.

Sah also noticed Theo as well and recognized him from both of the prior meetings. Sah wasn't sure what he thought of the man just yet. Theo had attempted to spread rumors at Morgan's funeral, only to preach about protecting Halo against prejudice at the next.
I think there for I am,
But what if all I do is bleed?
Theo Caldwell
Grifter

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 2 - Strg: 12 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 11 - Luck: 7 - Int:
Played by: Bees Offline
Change author:
MP: 1749

Theo slumped over his whiskey, tired and grumpy, cursing his failure -- but all that changed when he noticed Sah approaching the bar. OK, maybe he wasn't going to be Warden (yet), but Theo could still ingratiate himself with those in power, right? Maybe he could earn a few favors, or at least keep his ear to the ground and his hat in the ring for the next Warden election.

Moving over closer to Sah, Theo said, "Hello. Sah, isn't it? Are you still on the Warden's Council?"

If not, well -- Sah still seemed like a good man to know, given his ability to take over when Morgan died. If the Outlander had been only a little more ambitious, Halo might have a different Warden today. That Warden still wouldn't be Theo, admittedly, but at least he wouldn't be a demigod -- Noah's divinity presumably made it much less likely that he would conveniently die soon and leave the office open.

Theo

"Poker" by ND Strupler is licensed with CC BY 2.0.
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 26 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 48 - Luck: 40 - Int: 1
LILLY - Regular - Grey Wolf PAD - Regular - Grey Wolf
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 2895
Sah

The advisor raised a brow as Theo approached, taking a sip of his drink to hide the amused smirk that appeared at the other man's question. Sah quickly picked up on the other Abandoned's reason for talking to him, but he figured there was no harm in indulging Theo. At least not yet. For now, it'd just be fun to play along.

"Yes. Theo, right? I don't believe we've ever officially met." Sah relaxed, playing casual. "And yes, Noah has decided to keep me on as an advisor." He eyed Theo with curiosity, fighting the urge to smirk. "Why? Do you need the council's help with something?"

He wondered just what this odd ambitious fellow would say. Or far he would try to push for influence. It looked like Sah would have an interesting time at the bar today.
I think there for I am,
But what if all I do is bleed?