all rivers flow to the sea
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 72 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 73 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 10254
DEIMOS

He followed, trekking along the water, breathing in enchantments, muscles relishing the unrelenting current, pushing and pulling, giving and taking, an unrelenting faction of motions and flesh. Like days of old, when childhood stretched along oblivious tides and their outcries matched the signature of gulls hastening along the sea breeze, toiling below the gestures of the sea without a care in the world. Refreshing and poignant, and he didn’t sink, didn’t wallow, but just enjoyed.

And listened – a smile curling along his mouth. Sometimes. Torchline has one for each, and then this one, slated for no one in particular. Intriguing; pondering over what it meant. It is easier when one has a specific deity in mind – and I am certain those like Safrin appreciate it more. An embracing and feeding of the ego. Deimos would be sure to leave her offering larger and more impressive than the others. As for the other question, he shook his head in the midst, coasting along on another undulation of movement. No. I was curious if the Mermaids chose a singular god. But it made sense if they didn't; just as different as those on land.
who we were before bones, before dirt, before even light
we have always been deep, restless souls

Age: 22 | Height: | Race: Mermaid | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 1 - Strg: 8 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 11 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Played by: Sineda Offline
Change author:
MP: 410
I think it would be inconvenient to choose a singular god. Of course some people might be more inclined to follow a specific god more than the others, but I think we need them all in some way. They take care of different things after all. At least that’s what I think of the old gods. I don’t really know much about the new ones. A mental shrug accompanied the last words.

Are there places on land where everyone chose the same god to follow? I heard many of the followers of the new gods stick together, do they all live in one place? It would make sense, since it’s always safer together. Then again, she didn’t believe everyone would think so.
Chrys
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
DEIMOS

His eyes took in the sea, all the differences in hues blending beneath the waves, studying, contemplating, committing moments and figments to memories. His voice remained on its low rumble, contorting through the Attuned bond as he matched pace with the mermaid, enjoying the roll of muscles working in conjunction; sometimes at home in the sea too. It depends. Some gods prefer loyalty and dedication, others do not seem bothered. Perhaps it came down to predilections and proclivities, the sense and semblance of faith. Much like people, characters, the deities were individuals too.

He tilted his head a fraction at her other inquiry. With the war looming, some lands seem to be chosen by different deities, but I do not believe all those living within have to follow that one. Not yet anyway – and he wrinkled his nose for a moment in the potential confusion, before striving for another explanation. Torchline, for instance, is Safrin’s. Another pulse of movement and motion, arms extending, legs kicking, before floating on the propulsion. The Hollowed Grounds is mostly Ascended, but not all Ascended live there. Did that make sense?

Age: 22 | Height: | Race: Mermaid | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
So basically, some areas hold one god more close, but they don’t pray to them exclusively. Chrys stated, though it sounded slightly like a question. She was indeed slightly confused, but broken down like this she felt like she understood it mostly.

Moving along through the water, the shrine came into view in the distance. There it is. Looking at it now, she thought that heading somewhere else might have been more interesting. Then again, she was learning about the views of the mouth-breathers on the gods, so it had been an interesting way here nonetheless.

Now that they’d come to the shrine, she might as well leave an offering for the gods. I think I’ll leave something there. How about you?
Chrys
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS

Yes, he nodded into the midst, summed up briefly and concisely. And some, like Halo, claim to be neutral, when they are not. If it sounded spiteful, a little incriminating towards a certain leader of a land he cherished, then he didn’t leave that hidden in the depths of the bond.

Permitting the rancorous, embittered edges to reel off and away into the current, his head lifted at Chrys’s announcement, following more motions towards the ancient shrine. She’d been right about the conditions, whether it was due to age, proximity of the elements, or both, it was difficult to tell. The Sword dove down until his feet hit the sandy shoal, surveying, glancing over wares and offerings long since left there. His eyes lifted briefly back to her, mostly in inquiry. Would it be all right if I did so? Uncertain if he was violating a custom of the Mermaid, considering it was their altar and sanctum.

Change author:
I don’t see why not. The shrine is open for everyone to use. At last as far as I know. A shrug accompanied these words. Also, I think nobody should be forbidden from praying or leaving an offering at a shrine. The way Chrys said this, it seemed she thought it impossible that anyone might have a different opinion on this.

Preparing to give her own offering, she took a brightly-colored seashell out of the seaweed-satchel she was carrying. Afterwards, she delicately placed it at the shrine. While it might not be the most sophisticated offering, Chrys thought it important to leave those things as offering which she liked as well. The act of giving things she herself would like to keep had always seemed fitting to her.

Giving Deimos an encouraging smile, she waited for him to leave his offering as well, unsure whether further questions would disturb him in his actions.
Chrys
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS

With the acceptance and assurance, he nodded, prospering another smile. All right. Thank you. And he stood back, only inclining his head in a gesture far more feline than he’d ever want to admit, watching as she presented her own offering. Curious, since the whole vague adventure seemed to be driven on that emotion and sentiment alone, the Sword witnessed as a seashell came to be laid along the pathways of old, archaic rock.

Only when the mermaid was finished did he advance at all, kneeling in the depths of the water, ushering forth multiple incantations at once. While the soldier still breathed utilizing his air enchantments, the other notions of creation bristled and honed to life. In between his hands contorted several stones, inlaid with sparkling gems in the shape of whittled stars, to catch the highlight of the sun, or the depths of the moon, from beneath the waves. Very gently, he placed them down on the edges of the monument, clear indications of a marked presentation for Safrin.

Change author:
Though she remained silent while Deimos gave his offering, she did not hide her amazement when he created stones from mere water. Once he seemed to be done, the questions came immediately. “That’s amazing! Can you create everything this way? I’ve heard of this type of magic, but I’ve never seen anyone use it before.” Had she been speaking out loud, she would have been stumbling over words.

Immediately, thoughts of what she would be able to do with such a magic filled her mind. She wouldn’t have to do any work anymore, being able to create whatever she needed. Then again… “But if you can make everything, don’t things get boring really quickly?” After all, if she’d been able to just create that seashell, where would have been the fun and excitement in getting it? It wouldn’t have been as special as it was now.
Chrys
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS

At least she waited until he was finished before the barrage of questions – ones he’d come to expect from the world whenever they were unfamiliar with the way his incantations worked. Not everything he mentioned with a slight smile, backing away from the stones and monument, watching to see if his handiwork came to fruition. Sure enough, they sparkled in the streaks of sunlight making it downward, and it’d be enough to have some miniature galaxies and constellations immersed in the water. It works in conjunction with the other elements, like water, fire, air, and earth. From what he’d experienced anyway – perhaps those with other enchantments, like summoning, had ways to alter whatever they could conjure.

As for her other inquiry, he snorted, making sure not to intake a large quantity of water into his nose. I have never been bored. But then again, he was eternally involved in some matter or another, requiring his aid, services, and assistance.

Change author:
Chrys took a moment to look at the sparkling stones as well. They were beautiful indeed. Yet still… I think when you can create everything, none of it is special anymore. It was not stated derogatory towards his actions at all. To Chrys, it was merely a fact that she’d feel this way.

Never being bored at all was something Chrys couldn’t understand. Sure, she always found something to do. But most times she actively sought out the new and exciting to counteract the boredom. How can you never be bored? Do you always have something interesting to do? And how do you always find something interesting right away? Maybe she could learn a thing or two in that regard.
Chrys
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS

He thought of the notions for a moment – of how many items he’d made for those he cherished, never meant to be replicated. Charms to protect. Armor to shift. Cloaks to maintain stealth. Did that make them any less? He shrugged his shoulders and shook his head. I disagree. I have made many things for those I care about. I consider them special. Hopefully they did as well; artfully depicted and rendered for their whims, designed to be simply for them and them alone. They have a purpose, and that holds meaning too. His piercing eyes flickered over to the younger mermaid – perhaps she hadn’t been around long enough to experience any of these sentiments or ruminations. He didn’t hold it against her – they would simply have differing viewpoints on the those ends.

As for things and activities that kept him away from boredom, an inward laugh rallied and carried through the bond. There is always hunting, training, exploring, information to be passed, plotting to be devised. Mischief with friends. I run a guild in Torchline as well. And perhaps it showed his own growth in these areas – to once have been such a reticent blade woven and drawn into darkened corners, to be out in the open, alive in the thrall of simply being.

Change author:
To his first statement, Chrys nodded, followed by a shrug. She had never been one for building things herself. Maybe she saw things differently because of this. Maybe an item might be special in its purpose. But it didn’t matter to her. She had no intention of starting to make things.

When it came to mischief with friends, however, she couldn’t help but smirk, a faint hint of enthusiasm in the attuned bond. That’s always fun. And exploring new places too. To be fair, those were her main pastimes. Though maybe she should go ahead and do some training in the future. After all, it might be fun and helpful at the same time. “What kind of guild do you run?”
Chrys
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS

His eyes went to the shining stones in the expanse, before flicking back to the mermaid in their piercing distinction. With no more to say on the subject of creation incantations, perhaps both of them had said their piece and there was naught else to be had, he indulged in inquiry and curiosity again. Where else have you explored? Especially down here, where the waters chiseled and funneled and ran so far rampant that most simply couldn’t venture.

Her question was familiar, considering many had been asking about it lately. Perhaps there was a fair amount of excitement, or it was an eager, willing distraction to adhere to, in the times of war pressing in and around them. A Monster Hunter’s Guild. Even the sea had those things – he’d met its panther years ago, along the beach and tide.

Change author:
Lots of places. Mostly around the moving islands and the waters surrounding the city. I haven't gone too far west from the city yet, it gets really dangerous there. And I've been near the shore often. That's where you can find beautiful coral reefs. There's also that light-tower I've seen from the distance, though I can't get up there. Chrys' disappointment about being unable to explore further in this regard clearly showed. And someday I want to explore the Maw further and see if there's really a Krakken there!

Chrys pondered the idea of a monster hunters guild for a moment. It sounded like an interesting endeavor. A bit dangerous, sure, but that only made it more interesting in her mind. What kind of things do you hunt? After all, some people might even call her and her people monsters, because they were different.
Chrys