drowning in the fount of pain you poured
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 3 - Strg: 38 - Dext: 38 - Endr: 54 - Luck: 40 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9427

Hotaru
i'm still here but all is lost
Not enough? Hotaru's lips begin to slowly turn down at the thought, wondering what else Sah could possibly want or ask for. Things that wouldn't ultimately amount to childish dreams and wishes when faced with things like war. Was it merely his age that made him wish for things out of reach? Things like peace, equality? Freedom from the oversight of the gods?

Except no. His hand rises to cover her own, and her stomach falls to her feet at the action alone. It is a tipped hand, and she knows that what is to come is something terrible. Her fingers feel cold and numb against his cheek as he speaks. As he unfurls horror after horror that she could have never anticipated. And then in the moment after, she feels horrifically, terribly, pitiably stupid. She was a fool. All these years proud of her intellect and for what? Of course all Abandoned regardless of life stage would perish in Stormbreak. She was a fool. A fucking fool.

Her hand falls from his cheek. "No." It's barely a whisper, but the empty fields around them begin to groan as the wind picks up. The spring clouds overhead darken by measures. It's not a denial, but she doesn't have any other words to reach for. Her arms come to wrap around herself. "No. No. No." Blonde hair begins to stir around her, static around them rising. Hotaru turns and begins to step away, though where she's going is meaningless. She has to move. Overhead the clouds darken further, blotting out the sun. Thunder rolls ominously. "FUCK!" It's a wild screech into the skies, and lightning strikes down around them, unrelenting and sporadic. Hands clench into fists deep enough for her nails to cut and draw blood. "Fuck! FUCK!" She lifts her hands to fist at the roots of her hair, smearing blood over her forehead and scalp, and tries desperately to reign in her anger.
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 26 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 48 - Luck: 40 - Int: 1
LILLY - Regular - Grey Wolf PAD - Regular - Grey Wolf
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 3215
yet my blood renders me a King
Hotaru reacts just as Sah expects an echo of his own reaction. He too had grown furious, magic and voice calling for blood. It might be reckless, but he does the only thing that he can. Sah reaches out and pulls his fellow Abandoned back into his arms. Holding her in a fierce hug as she pours out her pain.

"I know, Hotaru. I know. Seren told me but I'm sure there's more to it." Sah gives the women a squeeze, "We'll find out what's true, ok? I promise you that." It takes a while but the storm of emotions calms. With a promise to keep each other informed and stay in touch, they go their separate ways. And both Abandoned will be relieved when they discover that the situation in Stormbreak is nowhere near as grim or horrifying in actuality as they'd heard.

-{FIN}
Sah